Looks around with a confused expression....

So? Where is it? Shouldn’t we have our Codex by now? Maybe it’s coming in the next week or two! What? Not even rumors yet? I can’t believe it.

Slowly turns and walks back into the darkness to the sound of slowly dripping tears.

It’ll be here eventually. It feels like forever, but it’s lightning fast compared to how slow it used to be. I, too, am yearning for our codex and fixes, but i’d Rather them get it right than get it fast. The next one is nids in early November. There’s 2 more before the end of the year, and after that, who knows?

I for one don't look forward to it.  I basically know how it will turn out.  Total decimation of the chapter.  Guilliman shows up at the last minute with Primaris reinforcements.  The chapter and its successors become mostly Primaris.  Another step towards retirement of the old Space Marine line at the expense of our lore and armies.  Eh..

So far those are just assumptions. They created the perfect scenario to make BA mostly Primaris based but they could just as well make BA only temporary with mostly Primaris until they recovered their forces the regular way (which can happen pretty quickly with our way of recruiting).

I mean, sure the future belongs to Primaris. That much is more or less safe to say, however we have no clue how fast GW plans to advance on that route. Could be with the next Codex, could be in 5 years. Let's wait and see. I for one doubt that they're going to make us a Primaris chapter just yet or else they would have to give us a seperate Primaris release wave (which would be pretty cool itself...take that vanilla chapter! :D ).

I for one don't look forward to it.  I basically know how it will turn out.  Total decimation of the chapter.  Guilliman shows up at the last minute with Primaris reinforcements.  The chapter and its successors become mostly Primaris.  Another step towards retirement of the old Space Marine line at the expense of our lore and armies.  Eh..

This is how I've felt every since they released primaris marines. I'm not a fan of the lore, but some of the models are nice. I hope they just keep these guys an option because the BA line is so richly detailed and has so many nice units to choose from.

I know this off-Terminator topic, but I was just popping in to see if anyone that wears the red was going to be at Pax Unplugged in Philly from Nov 17 - 19.   I'll be there and looking forward to meeting some B&C peeps face to face.

Yessir me and a friend are most likely coming to play!

My friend will bring his BA. I'm still on the fence army wise. 

I'm leaning towards bringing something else. My BA has literally way too many moving (magnetic) parts for me to fathom shuttling around in a tournament venue and I don't want to operate in a state of constant fear of losing their wargear..

Hi guys!

Getting back into the hobby after a year's absence. I'm taking a pause from work and will now direct all my creative energies into reviving my blood angels army project!

So, in order to direct my efforts I need to work towards an army list. I'm thinking 500-1000 points to start off with.

Do you know of any good army lists including terminators, death company and assault marines (as troop choice)? And preferably as few tanks as possible. :wink:

I have browsed through the army list forum a few times, but I can't find anything appealing at first glance...

Thanks

Good army lists with that stuff out of index blood angel book?  If good = competitive then no.  If good = fun and fluffy?  Heck yea!   If you are looking to tear up the tournament scene then Blood Angels are a bit of a lame duck right now.  Anything a blood angel can do Ultramarines do better.  Like waaaaay better. The codex may bring us the sweet joy of revenge (I have yet to give a Gulliman list a tough fight and been murdered most of the time.  Down with Smurf oppression and lies!  Primaris marines are heresy!)  I say play what you want and have fun! 

Fought Black Templars yesterday (a frequent foe of mine).

Brought:

Hidden Content

Dante

Sanguinor

Sanguinary Priest

—jump pack

—storm bolter

Librarian

—jump pack

—storm bolter

3x5 Tacticals

-Heavy flamer

-Sgt Combi-flamer + chainsword

3x Razorbacks

—twin assault cannon

—storm bolter

3x5 Devastators

--lascannon x 1

—Missile launcher x 1

—battle baby

2x4 Sanguinary Guard

—plasma pistol x 4

—encarmine sword x3

—encarmine axe x 1

—death mask x 1

Sanguinary Ancient

—encarmine sword

—plasma pistol

—death mask

Went up against (roughly):

Hidden Content

Helbrecht (Chap Master, +1S in 6”)

Grimaldus (Chaplain + Corbulo’s exploding 6’s)

Primaris LT

3x6 Crusader squads

-Heavy bolter

-plasma gun

—Combi-plasma

3x Razorbacks

—Twin Lascannon

—storm bolter

—hk missile

6x Cataphractii Terminators

—twin lightning claws

Land Raider Crusader

—storm bolter

—hk Missile

2x Stormtalons

—twin assault cannon

—twin lascannons

It’s not the most optimized list on my part (too many points in IC’s, 2x4 SG is just too weak...really need 1x big unit as the centerpiece), and I wanted to practice deep striking the SG bomb - Dante into his backfield. Long story short, I got blown off the board. With everything in transports (including IC’s) he went first and his opening salvo of 10x lascannons erased 2x razorbacks and a dev squad without batting an eye. He chunked off wounds from Tacticals who had been spilled from the Rbacks as well. My turn I pour fire into the Stormtalons...and get one down to 4W. And that’s it. Even with Dante’s re-rolls plus the Dev Sgt + battle baby buffs.

His next turn he rolls epically bad, but causes a few more wounds. Using careful position of Dante, I take out the undamaged Stormtalon with his inferno pistol/charging it (cinematic), but the wounded one draws ridiculous amounts of fire to take down. Last Dev squad gets some lucky rolls to knock 7W off the LRC that’s now on the doorstep. I DS the SG and all other characters behind his Razorback gunline and pump a bunch of OC plasma into an Rback and manage to bring it only down to 3W left.

His 3rd turn: unloads lascannons, plasma, and bolters and effortlessly wipe the SG off the board, even with an effective 1+ cover save. LRC dakkas the :cuss out of my remaining Tacticals, opening he way for the Termies to charge Dante, he takes 4W in their opening swings, including insane #’s of exploding sixes. He swings back and manages to kill FOUR of them with 6x attacks (kill, mind you). There’s hope...

...and then he effortlessly pulls it the Strategm that lets a unit attack AGAIN for free (with exploding sixes) and Dante goes down.

Further thoughts to come..

-in 7th, Dante only ever died on me twice in two years of playing. In 8th he has been killed in every. Single. Game expect for one.

-Stormtalons piss me off. Out of envy. I cant process for the life of me how we still don’t have access to them. An abomination. They are (IMO) the perfect balance of speed, maneuverability, firepower, resiliency, and cost effectiveness for our Faction.

-not to keep up the usual gripes, but it felt especially salty to be cut down by the LC Termies, I’ve used the LC Termy + Corbulo bomb before and it is the premier way to mulch GEQ/MEQ (in melee)...however, like so many other insults, it costs us at least 60pts more to do since we need two characters (Corbs + Chaplain or Term Ancient) to do what one BT (Grimaldus) can. And Grim is 60pts less than two of our characters combined (granted, not apples to apples sinceCorbs can heal).

-...as for Termies...is there any reason to ever bring anything other than Cataphractii? 2+/4++ is excellent. 4” Movement is not a huge concern because chances are you are getting them where you want somehow anyways. Good thing we have access to the—oh. Yea. This is Blood Angels we’re talking about...

-there are many different army types in 8th, but the common themes I am discovering are:

A. He with more lascannons wins

B. He who can survive the enemy’s lascannons when going 2nd can win

C. Fighting Hordes is a matter of how you funnel them towards/away from your lascannons as desired

Edited by Indefragable

Fought Black Templars yesterday (a frequent foe of mine).

Brought:

Hidden Content

Dante

Sanguinor

Sanguinary Priest

—jump pack

—storm bolter

Librarian

—jump pack

—storm bolter

3x5 Tacticals

-Heavy flamer

-Sgt Combi-flamer + chainsword

3x Razorbacks

—twin assault cannon

—storm bolter

3x5 Devastators

--lascannon x 1

—Missile launcher x 1

—battle baby

2x4 Sanguinary Guard

—plasma pistol x 4

—encarmine sword x3

—encarmine axe x 1

—death mask x 1

Sanguinary Ancient

—encarmine sword

—plasma pistol

—death mask

Went up against (roughly):

Hidden Content

Helbrecht (Chap Master, +1S in 6”)

Grimaldus (Chaplain + Corbulo’s exploding 6’s)

Primaris LT

3x6 Crusader squads

-Heavy bolter

-plasma gun

—Combi-plasma

3x Razorbacks

—Twin Lascannon

—storm bolter

—hk missile

6x Cataphractii Terminators

—twin lightning claws

Land Raider Crusader

—storm bolter

—hk Missile

2x Stormtalons

—twin assault cannon

—twin lascannons

It’s not the most optimized list on my part (too many points in IC’s, 2x4 SG is just too weak...really need 1x big unit as the centerpiece), and I wanted to practice deep striking the SG bomb - Dante into his backfield. Long story short, I got blown off the board. With everything in transports (including IC’s) he went first and his opening salvo of 10x lascannons erased 2x razorbacks and a dev squad without batting an eye. He chunked off wounds from Tacticals who had been spilled from the Rbacks as well. My turn I pour fire into the Stormtalons...and get one down to 4W. And that’s it. Even with Dante’s re-rolls plus the Dev Sgt + battle baby buffs.

His next turn he rolls epically bad, but causes a few more wounds. Using careful position of Dante, I take out the undamaged Stormtalon with his inferno pistol/charging it (cinematic), but the wounded one draws ridiculous amounts of fire to take down. Last Dev squad gets some lucky rolls to knock 7W off the LRC that’s now on the doorstep. I DS the SG and all other characters behind his Razorback gunline and pump a bunch of OC plasma into an Rback and manage to bring it only down to 3W left.

His 3rd turn: unloads lascannons, plasma, and bolters and effortlessly wipe the SG off the board, even with an effective 1+ cover save. LRC dakkas the :censored: out of my remaining Tacticals, opening he way for the Termies to charge Dante, he takes 4W in their opening swings, including insane #’s of exploding sixes. He swings back and manages to kill FOUR of them with 6x attacks (kill, mind you). There’s hope...

...and then he effortlessly pulls it the Strategm that lets a unit attack AGAIN for free (with exploding sixes) and Dante goes down.

Further thoughts to come..

-in 7th, Dante only ever died on me twice in two years of playing. In 8th he has been killed in every. Single. Game expect for one.

-Stormtalons piss me off. Out of envy. I cant process for the life of me how we still don’t have access to them. An abomination. They are (IMO) the perfect balance of speed, maneuverability, firepower, resiliency, and cost effectiveness for our Faction.

-not to keep up the usual gripes, but it felt especially salty to be cut down by the LC Termies, I’ve used the LC Termy + Corbulo bomb before and it is the premier way to mulch GEQ/MEQ (in melee)...however, like so many other insults, it costs us at least 60pts more to do since we need two characters (Corbs + Chaplain or Term Ancient) to do what one BT (Grimaldus) can. And Grim is 60pts less than two of our characters combined (granted, not apples to apples sinceCorbs can heal).

-...as for Termies...is there any reason to ever bring anything other than Cataphractii? 2+/4++ is excellent. 4” Movement is not a huge concern because chances are you are getting them where you want somehow anyways. Good thing we have access to the—oh. Yea. This is Blood Angels we’re talking about...

-there are many different army types in 8th, but the common themes I am discovering are:

A. He with more lascannons wins

B. He who can survive the enemy’s lascannons when going 2nd can win

C. Fighting Hordes is a matter of how you funnel them towards/away from your lascannons as desired

Was it a sparse board? I'm just wondering because it sounds like everything he had was able to target a viable unit. Thanks for the insight. I've got  regular terminator and assault terminator units. I haven't built them yet but so want them to be good. That might not be a thing though.

brother_b:

The board was a semi-urban/bunker setup. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being bowling ball terrain, this was a fair 6.5. He was able to maneuver his rbacks/Stormtalons to get clear lines of sight very easily, and since the lasbacks had a Chap Master and LT nearby, he had the advantage there as well.

Been trying to cobble together all my painted stuff into a battleforged list for my group's Apocalypse which all being well, will happen next spring. At the moment I'm commanding 9.2k (538 PL) of stuff that fits into the following:

• Three Supreme Command Detachments
  • One Brigade Detachment
  • Three Vanguard Detachments

... and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something 0.o

Been trying to cobble together all my painted stuff into a battleforged list for my group's Apocalypse which all being well, will happen next spring. At the moment I'm commanding 9.2k (538 PL) of stuff that fits into the following:

• One Brigade Detachment

9000+ pts you’re bringing? Holy cow. Are you renting Wembley Stadium for that game? Do you have cranes that can have you hover over the middle of the board while you move things? Yikes!

...at least Deathstrike’s will always be in range!

A friend has enough space for it but we're still at the planning stage for things like board size and the rest. Then there's whatever Apoc update comes out with Chapter Approved at the end of the year to consider.

I’m guessing you would either have to play on a floor or have several tables be linked “zones” so that you can access every model.

Brings up a different fun thought: how many points is a Spacw Marine chapter?

• One Brigade Detachment

Is that 9.2k Blu Tack free?

A friend has enough space for it but we're still at the planning stage for things like board size and the rest. Then there's whatever Apoc update comes out with Chapter Approved at the end of the year to consider.

I’m guessing you would either have to play on a floor or have several tables be linked “zones” so that you can access every model.

Brings up a different fun thought: how many points is a Spacw Marine chapter?

As long as you don't go more than 6 foot deep its possible to reach the middle.

I'm going to, I hope, help you out by giving you a little public service announcement.

As one who has played in many "large" style games: I caution you to have low expectations.  They may be fun to plan, they may be fun to see (especially if all models are painted), but they are rarely fun to play.  At least that's been my experience.

I know this off-Terminator topic, but I was just popping in to see if anyone that wears the red was going to be at Pax Unplugged in Philly from Nov 17 - 19.   I'll be there and looking forward to meeting some B&C peeps face to face.

Yessir me and a friend are most likely coming to play!

My friend will bring his BA. I'm still on the fence army wise. 

I'm leaning towards bringing something else. My BA has literally way too many moving (magnetic) parts for me to fathom shuttling around in a tournament venue and I don't want to operate in a state of constant fear of losing their wargear..

Orb, I tried to send you a PM, but it didn't take so....

Where are you in NY? I'm in Albany.

I assure you Jolemai is well versed in big apoc games.

The last one we did was 80,000 points with many a Titan :wink:

Well, to each his own. There is no wrongbadfun.  For myself, I prefer 1000-1200 pt. games.

Indeed, it's not for everyone. There's a few in our group who don't enjoy them at all  - doesn't mean we wont be inviting them though, they'll probably just pop round for a few hours to chat and see the spectacle unfold. Whilst I wouldn't dare to pretend to know your thoughts or to sway you either way, one can understand the perspective of those who aren't that keen; Some don't enjoy the time frame (we're looking at three days worth of gaming); some don't like losing vast swathes of models; some don't enjoy the feeling of helplessness when they haven't got a superheavy and there are seven titans on the opposing side; and so on.

I've been playing Apocalypse at least once a year since it came out in the 4th edition. What does it for me is the ability to use absolutely everything I own - something which is extremely rare - but also the chance to experience something new and unusual, as well as seeing some show stopping moments. For example, last edition I was able to rock out a full strength Space Marine Company (100 models) for the first time which was a fantastic sight. Seeing my Cerberus neuter a Reaver Titan for a turn was hilarious, watching my Knight flip a Warhound, seeing my Vindicare take the last hit point from the last Reaver on the field, seeing Corbulo dispatch Be'Lakor in combat when a fully psykked-up Mephiston could not, seeing a Phantom Titan not only in person for feeling the power it did from instagibbing a Reaver, and so on.

For me, this is what it's all about and I try to make the experience for the group as best as it can be too :)