Jolemai, are you UK based? I always intended my lemons to be an apocalypse sized force. If I'm not too far from you they could put in an appearance...

We are UK based but the decision on who comes isn't down to me so I can't say either way sadly :(

I've played a fair few heresy and 40k large games, having around 10k BA myself (although its all just red and based, I suck at painting, as we know).

I have to admit, how enjoyable they are depends on the attitude you go into them with and the attitude the other people go in with.

When its very beer and pretzels, nobody really cares who "wins" and people just aim to create cool moments etc, its great fun. When people argue over rules or are super strict with stuff in a points size where any semblance of balance is already out the window? nah, no fun at all.

That size game is only really good with close friends I feel.

Blindhamster: there's definitely something to be said for attitude. I would rather lose a close, hard-fought, fun game then win something lopsided or with an opponent who throws stuff around.

On a different note: I'm finally going to start getting into 30k (will be a long process). Anyone here have any suggestions or thoughts regarding the IX Legion?

Just picked up a box of hellblasters that are going to be getting the red armor treatment. Really excited, I can't get enough of plasma this edition, even if I am losing more models to it than 7th.

I added some Hellblasters to my Wolves and I have not regretted it. Just chuck in a cheap Captain for rerolls and you should be good to go.

I've played a fair few heresy and 40k large games, having around 10k BA myself (although its all just red and based, I suck at painting, as we know).

I have to admit, how enjoyable they are depends on the attitude you go into them with and the attitude the other people go in with.

When its very beer and pretzels, nobody really cares who "wins" and people just aim to create cool moments etc, its great fun. When people argue over rules or are super strict with stuff in a points size where any semblance of balance is already out the window? nah, no fun at all.

That size game is only really good with close friends I feel.

My local community does a big Apoc game once a year. Next year will be our 4th battle and this is how we keep it going smooth:

10 minute phases

Only field what you can do in a 10 minute phase

If something goes a turn without moving, firing, charging, etc, it gets removed from the board

Anything less than (X) wounds comes back every turn - this will have to be revised for 8th, all games so far were played in 7th

The game this year was Tau vs Imperium and I ended up playing some Crisis Suits that my friend loaned me for the game. I would deep strike in, shoot the mess out of something, die, and do it all again the next turn. I feel like playing with this mind set in giant games is the best way to have fun.

Hey lads (Ladies too)

I know it isn't until 21 November. But I vote we as the BA forum community toss our hats in together and nominate Jolemai for the Warhammer Heroes medallion. @Charlo, you know Jole, IRL. But I'd be willing to sign a petition explaining why I think he is most deserving of the title, "Warhammer Hero"

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Blood Angels codex arrive, and be prepared, because, some may rage upon a specific part of the fluff that should not exist :

From codex tyranids : "...Gravely wounded, but still alive, Chapter Master Dante bent the knee before Primarch Guilliman..."

I remember posting something that clearly pictured the situation month ago when we debated about the Devastation of Baal indomitus crusade part, but i would never imagined that GW would trully do that.

Dante, the oldest living space marine, as old if not older than primarch guilliman himself, leading a legion like force in the defence of the homeworld of his Primarch, fighint against all odds, facing a tyranid invasion force that is described to dwarf by far the one that the Ultramarines faced on their own homeworld.....all of this...to bent the knee to the all-saviour Guilliman and Primaris marines.

I hope Guy Haley did justice to the Blood Angels in the Devastation of Baal, because, in the current form, i cannot consider this part of the fluff as canon. (And i think i'm may not be the only one in this case).

As per my post in the news and rumour thread.

Of course he knelt. Guilliman is a primarch, loyal to the imperium, and is known to have helped the legion cope with the loss of Sanguinius

I feel like my problem is that Macragge met a similar fate with fewer space marine support and won. We have over a quarter of a million marines and still have to be saved by grand kappa Smurf. If it wasn't for that I would have 0 problems with Dante bending he knee. Especially since Dante is our legend status compatible to a primarch, yet the not quite on the religious levels as Guilliman.

Of course he knelt. Guilliman is a primarch, loyal to the imperium, and is known to have helped the legion cope with the loss of Sanguinius

I feel like my problem is that Macragge met a similar fate with fewer space marine support and won. We have over a quarter of a million marines and still have to be saved by grand kappa Smurf. If it wasn't for that I would have 0 problems with Dante bending he knee. Especially since Dante is our legend status compatible to a primarch, yet the not quite on the religious levels as Guilliman.

We didn't get saved by him tho. We got saved by a Warpstrom and Khorne Daemons. Guilliman just arrived in time after the Warpstorm cleared up to help cleaning the remaining Tyranids force from the planet.

Ohh yeah, needing to be "rescued" really sticks in my craw, I'm hoping it's rewritten to be more along the lines of BA are winning, Gmans fleet appears and seals the deal, but it probably won't happen that way.

But Dante is going to kneel before the commander of the entire Imperium, just like everyone else who isn't an Emperor forsaken traitor (or another Primarch).

Quick war story from my last game. =)

Mephiston killed Mortarion in CQC !!

Well actually the other librarian got lucky and did more damage with his force sword.

And the Capt with his lightning claws, 1.5 squads of DC, ASM squad, Corbulo and Sang Priest (healing characters rocks) helped too...

Over 2 turns of fighting, and he had serious lascannon burns from crossing the field... 

BUT it happened that Mephiston got the last two wounds off with the Sanguine Sword. =)

Mortarion is an absolute beast and very nearly killed my entire dogpile.

And most of what was left including Mephiston died in the resulting explosion... -- Watch out for exploding Nurgle stuffs folks - yikes.

I think all I had left was a Capt with 1 wound and a Sang Priest with 2 after that battle with the big ugly bastid.

-----

My opponent could have sat back and won the mission for certain on points and positioning with forces I could not shift.

But... He wanted some fun and came right at me on turn 3-4 with his beautifully painted, but increasingly wounded Primarch.

I managed a tie (aka HUGE... EPIC... Never to be Forgotten victory) because game ended on turn 5 and I snuck in a line breaker and got a luck early game ending.

I would also note that my opponent rolled rather poorly there at the end of the game and would have spread out his attacks better if we did it again.

But Mephiston did the deed and so I thought I would share =)

So FUN warstory from a FUN game with a great dude.