Interesting.

Regardless of whether or not it's true, I would think that almost every codex needs a WAAC advocate somewhere on their team/board; assuming every other codex is going to be approached from a competitive analysis.

Right. It’s like mutually assured destruction in nuclear warfare.

...the other caveat is that (in the past) their attention has tended to fixate on the most competitive armies (SM, Eldar, Daemons, etc...) while BA, DE, etc... get left in the dust in a vicious cycle. It would be better if it really was more egalitarian, but <shrug>

Edited by Indefragable

I like FLG and what they bring to the table as they have never pretended to be anything other than what they are. The entire reason I decided to start trying to play in tournaments recently was because I'm literally playing those lists anyway at my local shops. I don't know if its just the area I live in but a majority of the players are WAAC players whether or not they want to admit it.

I've come to learn to be ok with that, but I want to be able to compete at that level. I want to show up and say: "Yea let's play 2K matched play. Bring whatever you want as long as its within those parameters," and be able to have a fighting chance.

So I started really trying to get into the tournament scene and see what I can do without having to buy, build, and paint an entire new army.

Edited by Panda_Saurus_Rex

Well today i couldt withstand to buy me the blood angel transfer sheet from Forgeworld. 

I added also one more storm cannon for my Leviathan dread because double storm cannons are now the new riflebot. :teehee:

What dreads do we have available from forgeworld. Actually , I know what foregworld is but have never used any of their models. Do they have a rule book of index that's compatible with 8th? Does every army benefit from forgeworld minis?

Yeah Blood Angels have access to all Forgeworld Cybots for Space Marines. You Simply add the chapter keyword. You can find them here.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Imperial-Armour-Index-Adeptus-astartes-2017

We habe a list of blood angel Forgeworld stuff but i did not find the link.

Maybe a brother can help out?

Well today i couldt withstand to buy me the blood angel transfer sheet from Forgeworld. 

I added also one more storm cannon for my Leviathan dread because double storm cannons are now the new riflebot. :teehee:

What dreads do we have available from forgeworld. Actually , I know what foregworld is but have never used any of their models. Do they have a rule book of index that's compatible with 8th? Does every army benefit from forgeworld minis?

Most armies have access to at least some Forgeworld models. They sell indexes just like GW prime, only for the non-space marine factions with generally worse balance. They have some really sweet models available for Blood Angels though. I adore my Sicaran, a lot of people seem to love their Leviathans etc.

Someone "leaked" rules for the Lion earlier this week, but it looks like a lot of known rumor sources have already stepped up to call them fake. Allegedly, there is no plan for the Lion at this time and the next primarch will be Fulgrim.

As for Blood Angels characters I don't know... but I know that the FLG guys were involved again which honestly makes me want to - play a different army. Sorry... but of course I'll wait to see how it unfolds.

Just out of curiousity, why?  (I honestly don't know anything about the FLG guys, and why they would make bad army supporters/advocates)

Indefragable pretty much covered it but... the "issue" with their involvement from my own point of view is... yes sure they are all about "WAAC" play-style, and that in itself is fine for them I guess - but Frankie who was a major influence on the BA Index list, and again on the new (unreleased) Codex, only dared touch Blood Angels when they had a brief a window in the "top-tier" during the Matt Ward super-cartoony characters and razorspam 5th edition days... and that is essentially what we got from the Index - and it sucks.

So... even if we end up top-tier again by every measure of "WAAC" or whatever, if it's another Sanguinor and Astorath kid's cartoon I'm moving on to other things. That's just my opinion obviously.

So I browsed forgeworld and I'm a little bummed we don't see a special dreadnought variant for BA. They have them for SW and DA. That being said, the chaplain dread looks amazing as does the leviathan. Now, which of my children will have to skip college so I can afford that stuff!

Edit: And are all of the dreadnoughts compatible with 8th or are some only 30K? More browsing is in order!

Edited by brother_b

So I browsed forgeworld and I'm a little bummed we don't see a special dreadnought variant for BA. They have them for SW and DA. That being said, the chaplain dread looks amazing as does the leviathan. Now, which of my children will have to skip college so I can afford that stuff!

Edit: And are all of the dreadnoughts compatible with 8th or are some only 30K? More browsing is in order!

Forgeworld isn't even close to be done with releasing legion specific models and the actual BA stuff is yet to come for 30k. Be patient. ;)

Listened to forge the narrative podcast, and they had an interview with guy Haley. He discusses devestation of Baal a bit, and in particular says he found the bit in the brb about kabhanda saving the blood angels”....(pause) interesting...” and wanted to go into that and see if he could make it interesting.

Someone "leaked" rules for the Lion earlier this week, but it looks like a lot of known rumor sources have already stepped up to call them fake. Allegedly, there is no plan for the Lion at this time and the next primarch will be Fulgrim.

As for Blood Angels characters I don't know... but I know that the FLG guys were involved again which honestly makes me want to - play a different army. Sorry... but of course I'll wait to see how it unfolds.

Just out of curiousity, why? (I honestly don't know anything about the FLG guys, and why they would make bad army supporters/advocates)

Indefragable pretty much covered it but... the "issue" with their involvement from my own point of view is... yes sure they are all about "WAAC" play-style, and that in itself is fine for them I guess - but Frankie who was a major influence on the BA Index list, and again on the new (unreleased) Codex, only dared touch Blood Angels when they had a brief a window in the "top-tier" during the Matt Ward super-cartoony characters and razorspam 5th edition days... and that is essentially what we got from the Index - and it sucks.

So... even if we end up top-tier again by every measure of "WAAC" or whatever, if it's another Sanguinor and Astorath kid's cartoon I'm moving on to other things. That's just my opinion obviously.

quite right.

hash tag explicitly deleted Frankie.

Anyone know when this came up?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Blood-Angels-Army-2017

I don't remember seeing this one.

For Chrissake, does that Termie Captain Karlaen have to go into EVERY FRIGGIN' boxed/starter set they produce?  How about a jump pack character??

EDIT: Ok, jump chappy in there too. Grumble. Fine. Still sick of seeing Karlaen everywhere

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum