Interesting tidbit:

"

[–]ImASmallBox 2 points

1 day ago 

Hi Gav, who is your favourite primarch? And who would you like to see come back next, if another is to come?

Also, Loken or Tarik?

[–]Gav_Thorpe[S] 4 points

23 hours ago

My fave is always Sanguinius, the most noble and heroic of the bunch. No chance of him coming back though.

Loken. Because reasons."

^from AMA with Gav Thorpe on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/7alc55/im_gav_thorpe_ask_me_anything/?limit=500

Random thought of the day:

If BA will get re-build with Primaris mainly, will the Sanguinior start appearing Primaris sized as well? :teehee:

Edited by sfPanzer

Random thought of the day:

If BA will get re-build with Primaris mainly, will the Sanguinior start appearing Primaris sized as well? :teehee:

I'm just waiting for a studio photo showing og metal Dante leading primaris marines.

Model maybe comes up to their lower chest or something?

*crosses fingers for redone Dante model* considering we have some of the oldest character models in the game at this point.

I think Dante and Mephy predate Abadon (by like 3 months, but still)

my hope is a new triumvirate with a new dante, sanguinor and Mephy that are a bit more scaled. that would seal me in for excitement for a new codex.

failing that, triumverate with new dante, seth and maybe one other successor chapter master.

Edited by Spagunk

While The Gathering Storm is over there is still precedence for another Triumvate box. In all honesty it's a decent way for GW to overcharge us for single chatacters. I bought both Imperium boxes and only ever built Celestine and RG, the other four models are still on the sprues. While I doubt they would be generous enough to put ALL three of our BA models in the same box, I would be willing to bet we will see more boxes like the Triumvate in the future.

Yes, I actually think Campaign books and releases are likely to be the way GW goes in the future. It means they are not tied to releasing Codices and models at the same time. I would love to see Dante, Mephiston and a Primarch-sized Sanguinor as a set but that is wishful thinking on my part. :wink:

I think Dante and Mephy predate Abadon (by like 3 months, but still)

Eldar Pheonix Lords are even older (1994 IIRC).

Edited by Karhedronuk

I don't think we'll see a big campaign until all of the Codexes are done or there would be some hella outcry.

Plus then you might have the weird situation of: "Hey here's a new codex, with your new awesome unit/ character in another book you have to buy too!"

One cool thing would be if they removed the Sanguinior from HQ, increased the points for Dante and added a buff to Dante where on a 4+ the Sanguinior would appear by Dantes side and fight the rest of the battle with him. Got this idea after reading the book Dante. Think it would be a couple feature on the table top and a quite strong combo. They might have to change the aurabuffs some.

One cool thing would be if they removed the Sanguinior from HQ, increased the points for Dante and added a buff to Dante where on a 4+ the Sanguinior would appear by Dantes side and fight the rest of the battle with him. Got this idea after reading the book Dante. Think it would be a couple feature on the table top and a quite strong combo. They might have to change the aurabuffs some.

Hell no. Having to roll for a unit to appear sucks and the Sanguinor is not Dante exclusive. He appeared in many battles without Dante being there.

Some people had a fun idea of the Sanguinor being a high CP stratagem not useable until near the end of the game aha. Make him as strong as possible.

More restrictions please. Make it useable only if the enemy has at least one LoW, is outnumbering our forces at least 2:1 and is leading in victory points. :D

This just came up on bols:

• Industry professionals tell BoLS to look for something along the same lines in the near future.

• There will be a new narrative-campaign book coming shortly.
    • It will be accompanied by a triumvirate set.
    • The contents will be a Primarch – Lion El’Jonson
    • A existing Blood Angel character
    • A new character

If they do want to release another Primarch it would make some sense for them to do a campaign book alongisde purely for story reasons. I don't know that there would be anything wrong with having all of the new unit rules in the codex but having a bunch of fluff, new missions etc in a campaign. A primarch coming back is really important to the story and I don't think a few blurbs in a codex is enough to really support it.

Someone "leaked" rules for the Lion earlier this week, but it looks like a lot of known rumor sources have already stepped up to call them fake. Allegedly, there is no plan for the Lion at this time and the next primarch will be Fulgrim.

As for Blood Angels characters I don't know... but I know that the FLG guys were involved again which honestly makes me want to - play a different army. Sorry... but of course I'll wait to see how it unfolds.

Someone "leaked" rules for the Lion earlier this week, but it looks like a lot of known rumor sources have already stepped up to call them fake. Allegedly, there is no plan for the Lion at this time and the next primarch will be Fulgrim.

As for Blood Angels characters I don't know... but I know that the FLG guys were involved again which honestly makes me want to - play a different army. Sorry... but of course I'll wait to see how it unfolds.

What I heard is that Fulgrim and Russ are next in no particular order but assuming Fulgrim for Q3/4 which would honestly make the most sense unless GW for some reason decides to release two Daemon Primarchs in a row.

Anyway, yeah the Lion rumour (or rather the whole DA leak rumour) seems to be debunked as fake as expected already.

Urgh really? FLG again? Really can't stand those guys. Sorry if I offend any of their fans here but it is as it is. -_-

Just a reminder that you can't compare the battle of Baal to Maccragge. Leviathan is much, much larger than the one that the Ultras fought. Each tyrannic war is the order than the last by large magnitudes.

I've been seeing the phrase "largest Tyranid incursion the Imperium has ever seen" bandied about, and really I'm pretty ok with the Blood Angles winning at best a pyrrhic victory against something like that.

Just out of curiousity, why?  (I honestly don't know anything about the FLG guys, and why they would make bad army supporters/advocates)

Just out of curiousity, why? (I honestly don't know anything about the FLG guys, and why they would make bad army supporters/advocates)
FLG runs/supports/is actively involved in many of the “big” 40k tournaments throughout the US. And he hyper-competitive WAAC one’s at that. I say that in a neutral way: that’s there “speciality” and to each his own.

Hidden Content

...however, many people instantly have less than stellar opinions of them for that reason. FLG paints with a wide paintbrush in determining what’s “bad” or “good” for a Faction. Back in 7th they were prime proponents of Grav Centuriom Drop pod spam with White Scars Ignores Cover relic, for example. Again, to each his own, but you can see where the rep (fairly or unfairly) starts to come from.

GW also directly consulted with them while designing 8th. They were involved in play testing 8th before it launched. So that right there automatically draws flak to them since any little (or massive) thing somebody doesn’t like can be tossed on FLG’s shoulders as being “their fault.”

Specifically to BA, when 8th dropped, FLG I famously declared BA to be OP in their initial podcast since —and this is not the exact wording but as close to it as my memory allows— “BA can take so many characters and buff guys so much, we were worried they’d be OP.” We all know how that has turned out as even in Index v Index battles, BA are towards the bottom. More recently, Reecius at FLG did an article on “how to win with BA [Fleshtearers] without a Codex.” Suffice to say, it didn’t go over well since A. He completely backtracked on the whole “bring s tin of buffing characters” thing and in fact said to do the opposite B. Basically made a :cuss -jet version of a Guilliman-backed gunline and slapped the “BA” label on it. People were less then impressed, to put it mildly.

They’ve also had early play testing access to aspects of the BA Codex, and while NDA’d up the wazoo, they seem to think it’s going to be really good and do us justice. Take that as you will.

On a personal note, I want to give them credit, though. While they cater to the super competive crowd, I feel their outlook should always at least be considered as they provide valuable intel on what unit and faction combos are particularly nasty. Love ‘em or hate ‘em, they provide valuable insight that a wise general would at least take into consideration. If one strives to build a truly all-purpose, TAC list that can hold its own, they would be a fool to not at least glance over some of FLG’s stuff.

I have also had some resent personal interaction with Reecius and for what it’s worth, I think he’s a good guy and FLG is doing their best to be fair and help people out. The aforementioned Fleshtearers list he made is what he has found to be BA/FT’s “best” chance of winning in truly competitive setting. The fact that it is :cuss -ier Red Marine gunline is a reflection on GW, not him. He admits that. More so, that was his way of saying “hang in there until the Codex drops.” Again, take it or leave it, but he went out of his way to help out as he could. I, for one, at least recognize the effort and am grateful for it (I raged a bit myself at first but have come to see his side).

Anyways...that’s the “deal” with FLG.

Edited by Indefragable