I hope Shock Assault is a +1 benefit to every single Astartes unit in every single book regardless of anything else. I hope there aren’t any “unless already present” qualifiers meaning DC miss out or such.

CQC Scout span was already quite effective but this just upped the ante as others have pointed out.

BA Intercesors are NASTY now too...sit on an obj, double-tapping with Bolter drill, then get 3A each +1 To Wound when getting charged? Not too bad at all.

The more I think about it, the more I think BA/DA/SW will NOT be the supplements they talked about. For balance reasons we can’t have all the same toys or else we would be SM +1 with all our unique units which in turn would be dumbed down.

I think the patterns of the past will continue and we’ll see Codex BA 2.0 as part of a Vigilus-Esque campaign.

Edited by Indefragable

Perfection.

Now Smash Captains will be even scarier.

Any word on how this interacts with effects like Honor the Chapter?

MegBattleReveals-Aug3-ShockAssault1uhche

Exact wording is "until the end of the turn". That strongly suggests that fight-twice stratagems and abilities will benefit from this buff.

I hope we’ll remain as our own codex, even if it means that we can’t use some of the toys of C:SM. I’m not exactly on board with the new fluff for this edition tbh and don’t like the primaris insertion by the smurfy-dude. The less “all-primaris, all-new primaris.marines.com buy more primaris marines and become the Primarch himself for ever”-Action there is, the better in my book.

Not the most popular opinion I know, and some minis look cool for sure. The background though...

Currently casting a covetous eye over the codex units we could potentially be gaining access to and wondering what kind of use we can make of them. Thunderfire Cannon for some cheap indirect fire would be welcome. Not sure Centurions, they seem a bit mediocre in 8th. Proper Ven Dreads could be nice for fire support. Is there anything else we might be able to make use of?

Assuming of course that we DO get access to all the standard codex units. It does seem that it would make BAs, DAs and SWs "Marines+1" again.

Currently casting a covetous eye over the codex units we could potentially be gaining access to and wondering what kind of use we can make of them. Thunderfire Cannon for some cheap indirect fire would be welcome. Not sure Centurions, they seem a bit mediocre in 8th. Proper Ven Dreads could be nice for fire support. Is there anything else we might be able to make use of?

Assuming of course that we DO get access to all the standard codex units. It does seem that it would make BAs, DAs and SWs "Marines+1" again.

Venerable and Ironclad Dreads.

This has happened before with a swathe of SM players thinking they would be getting Baals and purchasing TAC turrets only to be gazumped when the rules came out.

Best we keep a lid on the expectations untill we know more - and yes I saw the WarCom article about Stormravens and Murderfang but they've been incorrect before...

I wouldn’t get our hopes up one way or another and we’ll just have to wait and see.

It doesn’t make sense to me for us to have full access to the SM armory. For example, I thought BA don’t use Thunderfires because we prefer a more mobile style of battle that lets us close with the enemy and use inferno pistols/hand flamers etc... TFC are too heavy a footprint. (Yea yea White Scars gets access to TFC...)

I can see them making codex marines a baseline again, as it was back in 3rd. It doesn't make sense to have "Tactical Squad" as a datasheet across 3 codexes when the options are functionally the same (yay for our Heavy Flamers). It also means less FAQs to write/ points to change in the future, all a smart move.

"Marines +1" doesn't feel like the right term for me. Yes, we get additional units that are BA Specific, but we also don't get all the unique vanilla codex relics/ strats/ rules and are locked into a single chapter tactic with those units. Not to mention, armies are only so big! If you are taking a squad of DC, thats points away from something else.

As Jol said though, I 'd advise everyone to not go out and make crazy purchases like Centurions or Thunder Fire Cannons based on a WHC about a codex that isn't even our own one!

I wouldn’t get our hopes up one way or another and we’ll just have to wait and see.

It doesn’t make sense to me for us to have full access to the SM armory. For example, I thought BA don’t use Thunderfires because we prefer a more mobile style of battle that lets us close with the enemy and use inferno pistols/hand flamers etc... TFC are too heavy a footprint. (Yea yea White Scars gets access to TFC...)

As with all descriptions of the chapter, it's who you ask and who writes it. To Matt Ward we were nothing but all fast all the time with deep striking land raiders and drinking blood all over.

To other authors we've been incredibly codex compliant bar a few units inspired by heratige and can also get a little angrier than some.

Both are true and both are false.

I'm torn. I feel as though we'll likely go the supplement route for BA, DW, and DA and if theses releases are the new trend maybe we get 1-2 new characters. Obvious choices would be Dante and Mephy. I would think they would want to get them released before the Christmas holiday given the popularity of the Blood Angels. But looking at how close were are to December, and given there's still a massive Sisters release, AND the new AOS story line soaking up release weeks, we may not see BA supplement or campaign until 2020.

I'm getting super excited. My predictions will be supplement with Dante and Mephy, and 2020 summer campaign with Death Company and Sanguinary Guard. We still have the new blood angels novel this holiday season which may hint to our future releases. GIDDY.

I'm fully expecting BA, DA and SW to follow the same "Main Codex + supplement" structure. The real question is, which units will be in the main Codex and which will be in the supplements.

Also since GW already told a DA player on facebook* that he can keep using his current Codex (who knows for how long) I don't expect some huge changes in the main Codex. It will be literally just everything Primaris (except for the Victrix Guard), and the regular Marine units with probably a notation that SW can't use Tactical squads and such the same way the Chaos Space Marine Codex has the notation on the Reaper Chaincannon that it cannot be taken by Fallen.
Same could be done with Centurions and Thunderfire cannons if GW really cares about us not getting those (remember that we also unexpectedly got access to the small Flyers, the Stalker and the Hunter out of nowhere this edition).

Otherwise it would make no sense for GW to include BA, SW and DA in the article when talking about the main Codex.

vHm1I2l.jpg
6Jsz4wx.jpg

Edited by sfPanzer

I think the mistake people make about having primaris characters is that GW will translate every piece of armor to an already existing primaris armor mark. I'm pretty sure our characters will have unique armors. They will suit the primaris aesthetics of course but they wont deviate a lot from what already exists. For Dante im expecting an ornate mark X armor suit with a new fancy jump pack, nothing akin to inceptor gravis armor.

At the end of the new info from warhammer community it say that we will get an official rules update as a free download. Sounds nice. =)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/05/space-marines-preview-enhanced-chapter-tacticsgw-homepage-post-1-2/

** If you’re a fan of the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Deathwatch, don’t worry – you can look forward to official rules updates coming soon via free PDF download. And remember, you Heretic Astartes players out there will also be gaining Shock Assault for your units in a similar update

At the end of the new info from warhammer community it say that we will get an official rules update as a free download. Sounds nice. =)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/05/space-marines-preview-enhanced-chapter-tacticsgw-homepage-post-1-2/

** If you’re a fan of the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Deathwatch, don’t worry – you can look forward to official rules updates coming soon via free PDF download. And remember, you Heretic Astartes players out there will also be gaining Shock Assault for your units in a similar update

The PDF is probably just going to say:

Replace the following Datasheets in Codex: Blood Angels with the datasheets in Codex: Space Marines, with a massive list. Plus it'll say you can use all other datasheets with the [CHAPTER] keyword.

It will also add Shock Assault to our rules.

======================================

NOW.... Exciting stuff, all the vanilla chapters are getting further improved/ expanded chapter tactics that now affect vehicles (e.g. everything in the codex bar servitors). so it's time for a game not played since early 8th ed, that's right it's time for...

THE GREAT BLOOD ANGEL CHAPTER TACTIC PREDICITION COMPETITION! 

The fact it will be expanded to vehicles, and that they have little to no use for Red Thirst makes me think of one thing to be coming back:

Overcharged engines baby! I think our vehicles will be able to advance and ignore the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons or something there of, maybe advance and charge (though WS get that).

The PDF is probably just going to say:

Replace the following Datasheets in Codex: Blood Angels with the datasheets in Codex: Space Marines, with a massive list. Plus it'll say you can use all other datasheets with the [CHAPTER] keyword.

It will also add Shock Assault to our rules.

======================================

NOW.... Exciting stuff, all the vanilla chapters are getting further improved/ expanded chapter tactics that now affect vehicles (e.g. everything in the codex bar servitors). so it's time for a game not played since early 8th ed, that's right it's time for...

THE GREAT BLOOD ANGEL CHAPTER TACTIC PREDICITION COMPETITION! 

The fact it will be expanded to vehicles, and that they have little to no use for Red Thirst makes me think of one thing to be coming back:

Overcharged engines baby! I think our vehicles will be able to advance and ignore the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons or something there of, maybe advance and charge (though WS get that).

Honestly, all i want for our vehicle tactic is,

"If this unit Advanced this turn,  then treat all of its heavy weapons as though they were Assault"

I know it wouldn't do anything for our Flyers, but it would be fluffy, allowing us to be a speedy mech while also adding an appropriate penalty so that it isn't completely candy and ice cream.