Yeah it looks like BA Red over black which is a fairly counter intuitive way of using Contrast paint and why I think the eventual result is fairly lacklustre, it looks more like a coat of Mechrite Red with none of the shading benefits associated with Contrast.  I believe it would have worked a lot better on a neutral gray or even white basecoat, or a white zenithal highlight over black primer first in the case these were originally primed black for mephiston red or soemthing.

It’s actually BA Red over Mechanicus Standard Grey. I admit that the shading element doesn’t work too well, and I think that once I’ve got my entire BA force up to battle-ready standard I’ll come back to these and try out some more shading and highlighting on the red. But this will do fine for the time being.

Officially started painting my Raldoron today. <shivers>

Polishing off my first 5x Dawnbringers, the last of my 5x Seekers, and completing a few more Tactical/Support Legionnaries so I can start showing them off. Also polishing off 3x Angel's Tears so I display what I am doing with them. 

...might seem kind of all over the place, but I work in a kind of all over the place fashion, and I'm trying to sort of block in each of the major elements of my IX Legion and then fill them out once the color palettes and representative models/squads are done. 

Painted my condo with my wife...that counts right?

Blood red with a black trim and spot details in gold?

:teehee:  As long as you didn't start painting big red crosses and chanting in Latin High Gothic everything will be ok.

Painted my condo with my wife...that counts right?

Blood red with a black trim and spot details in gold?

:teehee: As long as you didn't start painting big red crosses and chanting in Latin High Gothic everything will be ok.

“Honey...what’s that?”

“Nuln Oil.”

“...what’s it for?”

“...it’s a shade. It really ties all the layers of paint together.”

“..........for the living room wall?”

“Oh. Right.”

Well, after a move, finally got to paint something again. It's just objective markers and some terrain for the 2x2 display board I'm planning on making. Wanted to start small and easy to get back into it. Decided to go with a dull green for Imperial bunkers/trenches, seemed like it would provide a nice contrast to red sand and our colors without taking the focus off the models.

I'm pretty proud of my Bastion, I converted it to double as a dice tower, you drop dice in the top and they roll out the door. All I have left to do is magnetize the door and top plate so you can't see inside unless you open it.

Also, do any Fraters here collect/play/rep the Angels Sanguine? 

Found this old thread looking for something else: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/121392-angels-sanguine-redux/

There are also some great pictures to be found in the Showcase thread. Some of them expired, but still showing enough glory to make me want to paint my dead terminator on the throne from Space Hulk in the Angels Sanguine colour scheme :wub:

Edited by Majkhel

after not doing anything hobby related since moving house in early january, i finally started on a new (replacement) gravis captain on the weekend:

gallery_14877_13354_1440786.jpg

Still planning to:

• Sculpt a tabard
  • sculpt a belt going to under the abdomen armour and possibly add some more muscle fibers there.
  • maybe add hip armour?
  • Add a feed from boltstorm to backpack
  • Add some baubles
  • Maybe sculpt over the cloak to look like fur (not sure though)
  • consider head options (I'd like a long haired head honestly)

Not decided on a head or left shoulder design yet. Any suggestions?

after not doing anything hobby related since moving house in early january, i finally started on a new (replacement) gravis captain on the weekend:

*SNIP*

Still planning to:

•  Sculpt a tabard
  •  sculpt a belt going to under the abdomen armour and possibly add some more muscle fibers there.
  •  maybe add hip armour?
  •  Add a feed from boltstorm to backpack
  •  Add some baubles
  •  Maybe sculpt over the cloak to look like fur (not sure though)
  •  consider head options (I'd like a long haired head honestly)

Not decided on a head or left shoulder design yet. Any suggestions?

Check out

https://www.spellcrow.com/space-knights-heads-with-long-hair-p-281.html

I like to use these on my stormcast but they can be used for a lot of factions and settings.

Sanguinary Ancient done. Going to start work on the rest of the bomb now (7 more power fist guys). I have to say, I haven't painted using loads of gold in a long long time and this was my first time using Retributor spray. It's incredible. Like seriously. I've used the regular Retributor Armour paint before and that was pretty good in and of itself, but the spray was something else. Biggest hobby life-saver I've ever used.

gallery_66172_16304_419753.jpeg

gallery_66172_16304_273416.jpeg

I'm not one to too my own horn, but here's a plug for my thread I (finally) just started. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363378-indys-indomitable-the-ix-legion-legiones-astartes/?p=5510406 

That's what I have been up to for almost a year now, with side projects like Veteran Intercessors, Terminators, and Incursors, new Mephy, et al being fun and rewarding distractions. It's been a helluva year so far with hobbying/painting for me (in a good way). 

I'm not one to too my own horn, but here's a plug for my thread I (finally) just started. 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363378-indys-indomitable-the-ix-legion-legiones-astartes/?p=5510406 

That's what I have been up to for almost a year now, with side projects like Veteran Intercessors, Terminators, and Incursors, new Mephy, et al being fun and rewarding distractions. It's been a helluva year so far with hobbying/painting for me (in a good way). 

Haha, glad to see I'm not the only one slaved to the BA across multiple iterations and timelines!

Haha, glad to see I'm not the only one slaved to the BA across multiple iterations and timelines!

Oh you definitely are not.. 80% of my backlog is from 2e through 5e.