Haven't been posting much here but here my little contribution.. I worked on my 8th co. captain today.. Still have to finish the base and paint the jump pack! I really like the lord executioner model and it's a real treat to paint even if the cast was pretty bad!

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/BennyBlanko_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE ?!!??!?!?! 

Whoah!!!!!  Just whoah !!!!!

Thanks guys! I will try to finish his base tonight.. 

The power axe is pretty easy to do.. to keep things simple I only use 2 colours and a bit of black.. good ol' regal blue and hawk turquoise

Start by painting the whole blade with a 10/1 mix of regal blue and abbadon black. 

then use as many thins coats as your patience can afford to blend back to pure regal blue up to half the distance of the blades

then start adding a bit of turquoise in your regal blue and blend your way up til' pure turquoise, again using a lot of really thinned down coats is the key!

I finished it with a pure turquoise highlight and a few REALLY thinned down turquoise glaze all over it 

Here you go!

Cheers!

Edited by BennyBlanko

May have just purchased a Cerberus... :teehee:

Shipped last night. Excited!

In other news, the Eldar player in my group has purchased two Revenant Titans... :dry.:

It arrived this morning. Surprisingly heavy kit and I'm a little concerned how I'm going to hack off the flash as it's bigger than my cat. Shouldn't have had it sent to my work though as I'm now daydreaming...

^^Very nice work! Such a cool model and you have certainly done him justice, I look forward to seeing you finish him. Incidentally, is the head seprate on this dude?

Today for BA I have been procrastinating paint MOAR DEFF KOMPANY as we are having a combat patrol tournie soon and I think a few of these guys may do well (I only have, like, 7 painted) Procrastinating while I should be doing my call of chaos lol

yeah.. the head is a separate part on this guy. At first I was looking to model him with an helmet but I couldn't find one that was fitting right with the higher collar of his armour.. on the other hand his bare head is really nice looking and super detailed.. 

Yesterday, I ran a herohammer list and got my ass handed to me by TauCrons.

The worst beating I've ever had, but we rolled kill points, and there was virtually no terrain.

I learned exactly what missile pod broadsides do (8 shots each?!) and will be working on a Fragioso in pod to help deal with stuff like this in the future.

In the mean time, I'm deatiling my death co, and finishing my last 2 attack bikes. Just 1 tac sergeant and detailing on my termie squad and Im at about 3000pts fully painted.

Yea, there were two guys, taking half the army each, one who hadn't played in years, so I just went with it. But the main cron player did pretty much everything. My dice were good, but everything cracks under such overwhelming firepower.

Ahhh.. what can someone do for the greater good...

Took some of the best shot i've ever had with a phone cam tonight! figured it was fitting..

WARNING! XENOS ALERT!!

Edited by BennyBlanko

Thoroughly enjoyed tabling a Tyrannid army this evening, with my libby dread once again being the star of the show. I felt a little bad for my opponent when turn 2 I was able to activate force, and iron arm on it, and then got the charge on his carnifex brood. Instant killed them both...

Edited by Gaweda

TITHI...

Traded a bunch of Circle Orboros models that I acquired for a song (like... $5?) at a swap meet for about $250 worth of Warhammer 40k, including a slightly beat up storm eagle (!!!), a biker chaplain, a pair of land speeders, and a dreadnought. All of them will be joining my Knights of Blood army, once I finish stripping them (which will be an adventure).

It looks like the beaten up storm eagle has everything I need to fix it up - which will include prying some things off and magnetizing them - except the canopy bit, which I'll order from eBay presently.

Thanks guys! I will try to finish his base tonight.. 

The power axe is pretty easy to do.. to keep things simple I only use 2 colours and a bit of black.. good ol' regal blue and hawk turquoise

Start by painting the whole blade with a 10/1 mix of regal blue and abbadon black. 

then use as many thins coats as your patience can afford to blend back to pure regal blue up to half the distance of the blades

then start adding a bit of turquoise in your regal blue and blend your way up til' pure turquoise, again using a lot of really thinned down coats is the key!

I finished it with a pure turquoise highlight and a few REALLY thinned down turquoise glaze all over it 

Here you go!

Cheers!

Thanks for the tip :)

As for me, I'm still trimming off flash from my Cerberus. Will add a photo of a dry fit this weekend (hopefully).

TITHI...

Traded a bunch of Circle Orboros models that I acquired for a song (like... $5?) at a swap meet for about $250 worth of Warhammer 40k, including a slightly beat up storm eagle (!!!), a biker chaplain, a pair of land speeders, and a dreadnought. All of them will be joining my Knights of Blood army, once I finish stripping them (which will be an adventure).

It looks like the beaten up storm eagle has everything I need to fix it up - which will include prying some things off and magnetizing them - except the canopy bit, which I'll order from eBay presently.

Stripping Minis is so easy it is scary.  I stripped down 300 in less than four hours of work.  Get a plastic container, pack of three gladware ones is like two buck and some change.  Put your minis in the container.  Add Dawn Power disolver to cover completely.  Normally it will take two to three bottles, think they cost three bucks a piece, shake well before dumping.  Wait at least 24 hours, rinse them off.  The paint just sloughs right off, you may need a tooth brush to quickly remove strings of paint that get caught.  You can leave them in as long as you like, I know I left some in for a week, no damage to the plastic.  It will however remove green stuff, which for me was a benefit.  On Metal minis they will come out perfectly clean, brighter than when you bought them.  For plastic minis, depending on what type of primer was used they will either be perfectly clean and back to grey or there may be some staining left on the plastic, but still clean.  I know if testors was used it will all come up, but it dyes the plastic a bit.  Now if only repainting them was as quick a process...