I primed with Vallejo gray primer because I'm doing hairspray weathering.  (I usually prime with Vallejo red-brown primer for my FTs.)

Coated the parts that are red with Vallejo Model Air Gun Metal, then slight coats of VMA Hull Red and VMA Rust.  These parts were then lightly sponged with Mithril Silver (or Runefang Steel...don't remember which), Blazing Suns Orange and Vallejo Model Color German Camo Black Brown.

Parts that are black were based with VMA Hull Red and Rust, since these show up very well against the black, then sponged with the Mithril Silver and Blazing Suns Orange.

Everything was varnished with Vallejo matte varnish, then hit with some generic hairspray from the drug store.

Black parts were coated with VMA Black, then a zenithal highlight of VMA Black and VMA German Gray (1:6 ratio, I think), then given another more extreme highlight of VMA Black to German Gray (1:3), and a final highlight of straight German Gray.

Red Parts were pre-shaded with VMA Mahogany, then base coated with a mix of Vallejo Game Color Gory Red and VMA Mahogany (forget the exact ratio).  Highlights were done with multiple coats working up with a mixture of Gory Red and VMA Ferrari Red, eventually to straight Ferrari Red.  Everything that's red was then filtered (via airbrush) with a mix of Bloodletter Glaze, Lamian Medium and distilled H20 and Liquitex Flow Aid mixture.  (I think I mixed in a drop or two of Carroburg Crimson to this filter.)

I pin washed the recesses with Carroburg Crimson.  I'll wash rivets and what not with Agrax Earthsade/Devlan Mud.

The Sicaran is brighter than my usual since I started from a gray primer instead of the red-brown.  The Rhino-back I posted earlier in this thread gives a clearer indication of the red shading and highlights, which I think were pretty washed out in the Sicaran.

You can probably achieve the same red more simply with a gray prime, then Gory Red darkened with brown, then Gory Red then Ferrari Red.

Sorry for the wall of text!  It was a lot of color changes! :wacko.:

@ Morticon - jazzed you've got the Sicaran rolling, I'm really interested to see how it fits it to your lists and read some batreps!  Mine is still in many pieces but it's in the queue.

So... anyone ever dip their brush in to the mixed drink you had sitting next to your water?  :oops:

Guess that's what I get for trying to paint something before the new codex hits... maybe I'll just wait a bit longer.

@ Morticon - jazzed you've got the Sicaran rolling, I'm really interested to see how it fits it to your lists and read some batreps!  Mine is still in many pieces but it's in the queue.

So... anyone ever dip their brush in to the mixed drink you had sitting next to your water?  :oops:

Guess that's what I get for trying to paint something before the new codex hits... maybe I'll just wait a bit longer.

You still drank it though right?

Played with it in about 7 games so far!  its doing well at the moment.  Work horse.  I'm gonna see how things go with Tank Hunter upgrade though.

You still drank it though right?

Duh!  :biggrin.:

Edited by Orogen

Today I learned that while close, the Venerable Dreadnaught kit and the Furiouso kit are not directly compatible, though very close.  Hobby knife and green stuff here I come.  Needed those for the magnets anyways.  On the plus side, if this winter stays this cold in the Chicagoland area I am going to have a crap ton of minis prepped and ready for paint by the next ETL.  Though I am really hoping to get a lot of stuff finished before then.

Today I learnt that the B&C hates me. No matter what I do, it won't let me post an image :sad.:  

Looks like the vets I wanted to post on this thread will remain on my desktop forever :ermm:

I am going to be honest BigTed, every time I am away for a bit I have the same problem.  Some reccomendations.  If you are not uploading to the B&C galleries directly, I suggest doing that as it makes life easier.  Then go into the gallery and click quick link for the pic you want.  Grab the appropriate link, copy, paste, post.  Ohh, and I don't know if its just me, but I cannot post any pics while using internet explorer.  I have to use firefox, because no matter how many times I go and set the permissions I cannot paste into internet explorer, and the qoute buttons do not work for me in it either.  Hope this helps.

May I present humbly to you, the Shield of Baal, Captain Karlaen of the 1. Company. Before he gets his (green-)stuffing.

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad309/Snorrinorrison/CAM00413_zps094fbb5b.jpg

I was trying to make him look less like Gideon, so I cut off the cloak and reposed his left arm. The base will get a coat of GS to make it look like he's standing on a pointy rock or something similar.

Snorri

Tonight I finished painting another random drop pod, my Death Company blood talon dreadnought, and the turrets for two Baal Predators. I'm about half way through the first Baal hull and the second is primed, basecoated, washed, and dry rushed. All that's left is the tracks and picking out details.

All this BA rumors talk has gotten me EXCITED and I just realized I haven't painted in many months. I decided to paint the sergeant from a tactical squad I was working on. Can't wait to make it 2 tac squads.

A few touch ups here and there and he's pretty much finished. The lenses are a pain! I'm worried I'm going to ruin everything when I try to brighten them up.

gallery_52275_8909_255470.png

I forgot to mention I was half way through and noticed my gold is all dried up. Bummer... I might actually have to set foot in GW for the first time in forever.

I bid farewell to 5th edition by almost tabling a Daemon army. Wiped out a prince with a furioso that just kept wounding and I shot a Great Unclean one to death in one round of shooting with two tac squads. Now I await 7th edition... Its been too long.

Edited by Eisenhorn31388

Ordered some tactical objectives, and did some painting (a rare thing nowadays!!)

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Avast.jpg

He is one of my old Blood Angels and has been knocking round my bitz box with no arms, back pack and Emperor knows what else so thought I'd give him a bit of love. Intended to be my Dev Sgt, but I couldn't find my signum!! He still needs basing.

Got my last game with the codex this Monday, a 400pt Combat Patrol mini-tourney; reminds me how expensive our current book is......anyways looking forward to it :)

Today I allied with some Imperial Fists and managed to squeak out a victory against a team of Eldar and Tyranids.  My pointing out the of the rules regarding "Come the Apocalypse" were met with "Its a friendly game" and "Don't be an ass".  Even better, it was Iyanden Craftworld Eldar.  My terrible rolling almost cost us the match, but after 20 straight 1's from Brother Acheron (my furiouso) I managed to wipe the stealers he was against on their turn and charge and massacre his Hive Tyrant Warlord.  And it was not until turn five that we realized he had been rolling three dice per termigaunt in close combat instead of one.  Yeah...  And he had the nerve to complain about my Blood talons, after taking an extra 200+ attacks in close combat.

Had my last game with the good 'ol codex today. Like the last three games, I played against the pesky fish head communists of the Tau Empire. Keeping a lot of my units in reserve kinda saved the day, for his list wasn't too mobile and once I literally burned through his two pathfinders, left the rest of the army without their laser pointers and most Tau are actually really bad shots.

In a glorious and funny moment and two(!) failed attempts, Captain Karlean and the remaining Sergeant Lorenzo charged the colossus (heavy support shooty things), and while Lorenzo killed the last remaining drones, Karl smashed every bloody of the battle suits! Victory was won after turn five or four, kinda lost count. But it was a lot of fun to bring the pain to the Tau in style of the Angels.

Bring on the new 'dex, I'm ready!!

Snorri