I have my data cards, Codex and the Deathstorm box now. I'd have gotten the Tactical boxset, but to be honest, my bank account is screaming at me as it is! :laugh.:

I'm also (constantly) looking at the Flesh Tearers shoulder guards pack on the GW website...Pity they don't do them in Terminator size :sad.:

Yesterday I picked up a tactical box and data cards. Waiting on the codex until Xmas. Know I won't have time for a game before then anyway plus have lots to build.

Today I kit bashed me a custom Brother Raphen and started building tacticals. Going to combine the new BA box with an old school tactical box and leftover DC bitz to make two squads. Started painting the sergeant for the first squad.

Today my Codex and box of Tacticals arrived in the post (a tip of the hat to Element Games) so I updated my collection list, shedding around 700 points in the process, and set about clipping bits off of sprues with a days worth of European Cup rugby matches. This evening I've been scraping off mold lines and decided that all the bits with chalices can be useful in my army after all; now that Sanguinary Priests are back in the HQ slot they will need Honour Guards (or groups of Vanguard Veterans to double as such because compulsory Sanguinary Noivitiates and Company Champions are a silly idea).

Picked up my Exterminatus Book, a new BA Tactical Squad and finally my SG edition Codex. I got number 3! Still undecided on whether i'm keeping it so it is still in the shrink wrap.

Also managed to get some more painting done, so a little group shot. Just random models but i'm learning of a lot of painting techniques, especially when it comes to detail:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20141218_224035_zpsw64f89jb.jpg
Edited by Charlo

Today I got a stern talking to and informed I may not be able to play with my group any more because "I win too much and am too competitive".  The fact that the last match I only won because my opponent charged a squad of death company I left in the corner of the table near no objectives  so it would just be a point sink apparently just shows how much of a competitive jerk I am.  And offering to let them take more points than me "is insulting".  Seriously, in big guns never tire, who charges a unit of death company armed with thunder hammers and lead by a librarian that is out in the middle of no where with a pair of canifexes when you are up by one point and the game is going to end at the end of your turn?  And the match before I took no jump infantry, no fliers and no transports in an objective secured match on a six foot by eight foot table.  Also no missle launchers or lascannons.  I seriously think they are just screwing with me now and throwing games, because my two opponents last week took first and second in the last tournament at the local GW store.

I've put together a magnetized Chaplain using what remains of my Blood Angels Reclusiarch Death Company kit I bought 5 years ago.

Now I have a kitbashed Sanguinary Priest, Techmarine and Chaplain awaiting priming (in addition to the primed unpainted 2e/3e pewter ones).

I've started swimming in HQ models.. Time to stop, I guess.

Today with the Blood Angels (or more appropriately: this past weekend). . .

I got my first game in with the new codex, and I'm really digging all the extra points the new codex freed up.  I lost the game, but it wasn't a fault of the list or the codex.  I brought a pretty static list to a maelstrom game.  I wanted to use the new BA cards.  But I had a blast, and didn't feel horribly outnumbered the entire time. 

I may have to paint up more tac squads though, as Lamenters don't really have scouts and I only have two tac squads at my disposal. 

I also bought the new termie librarian and the white dwarf for this month with the formations in it.  Loving that storm raven one.  I already have three ravens, but one is dedicated for DC.  I shudder at buying/painting a fourth though.   

Picked up the rest of the WD's I missed and Leviathan on Friday.  Managed to squeek out the new codex, data cards, and a tactical squad earlier that week.  I'm tapped for now but plan on going back for the new Assault Termies and Exterminatus after the new year.  I also want the Deathstorm books and brood lord but don't need/want the rest of the box so I will probably just ebay those.

Finally got the new stuff all built: 10 SG, 10 tacs, 5 scouts, 5 sternguard and 2 libbys. SG all bases and 3 fully painted but the tac sarge is now officially my favourite model. Crusader helm, blingitsu armour with meltabomb and the SG sheathed shortsword to count as his sheathed power sword...cannot wait to paint him!

Only three weeks til caly 2015...I can do it in time I think!?

Gawd this new dex and releases have brought me so much enjoyment already...think I may need a tissue...