Painted up a test model for a Knights of Blood detachment and got started on my bike scouts. 

http://i.imgur.com/1fObAmY.jpg?1

This was a black base coat with silver drybrush. Any of the KoB players here who tried silver base with wash instead?

And almost done with my Furioso librarians....

http://i.imgur.com/skAQnc0.jpg?1

Edited by knife&fork

Painted up a test model for a Knights of Blood detachment and got started on my bike scouts. 

http://i.imgur.com/1fObAmY.jpg?1

This was a black base coat with silver drybrush. Any of the KoB players here who tried silver base with wash instead?

And almost done with my Furioso librarians....

http://i.imgur.com/skAQnc0.jpg?1

Woo! Knights of Blood!

Yeah... I do leadbelcher base, nuln oil wash, ironbreaker drybrush. It's a totally different effect than what you've got going on, a lot brighter and with a little more depth of contrast. I like it better, but my Knights are definitely a lot brighter than yours, overall. I also go with mephiston red base, carroburgh (sp?) crimson wash, wazzdakka red drybrush, so it's basically a bright, areterial red, not the darker red you've got going on. And then I make it even brighter with edge highlighting.

I think both strategies are pretty good ways to represent the chapter; it depends on the look you're going for. I enjoy the brightness and intensity of the red and silver I get with my methods, but I could also see going for a darker, grittier look.

I think both strategies are pretty good ways to represent the chapter; it depends on the look you're going for. I enjoy the brightness and intensity of the red and silver I get with my methods, but I could also see going for a darker, grittier look.

Got any pics? 

When I've tried using black wash on silver I could never seem to get those dark shadows. 

Got any pics? 

When I've tried using black wash on silver I could never seem to get those dark shadows. 

Sure. I'll post some later today.

No, wait. Actually...

Here's a good pic from a while ago:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/cde3ec5d9a38cd9529059e429e45fe31/tumblr_muzb72yxyC1rgb5qno2_1280.jpg

Edited by ElectricPaladin

Thanks! might be the lightning but I do miss the sharp shadows you get from the dry brush method. I might just go halfway and black-line on a silver base before touch ups. Hmm...

Oh, try to keep image size down when possible :D You can crop and re-size with imgur when uploading. 

Thanks! might be the lightning but I do miss the sharp shadows you get from the dry brush method. I might just go halfway and black-line on a silver base before touch ups. Hmm...

Oh, try to keep image size down when possible :biggrin.: You can crop and re-size with imgur when uploading. 

Yeah... I think my way gets a more intense contrast overall, but it's not as sharp a contrast. The seams of your armor are a lot snappier than mine.

Just finished painting my captain jump pack and company marking on his shoulder pad.. I didn't used the halo piece on his jump pack because it was so badly casted I would had to resculpt the whole thing..

So here is my Lord of skyfall, Blood Angels' 8th company Captain!  

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/BennyBlanko_2009/32c3aa59-ea0b-44c8-adce-d75e47c8eb19.jpg

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/BennyBlanko_2009/cf2fdef9-5bbf-488e-9239-4b1d2a5eae8f.jpg

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/BennyBlanko_2009/8eb4f5c9-3c98-48bb-9031-c53734c6aea3.jpg

Knights of blood eh? I have a squad of them I run as death company.

As my first army way back in 2nd edition, I always feel that in spite of any efforts on any other force, I am first and foremost a Blood Angels collector. But I have never really ever been satisfied with how my guys look, so I never really have a full force to run! But I'm deep into a pretty serious repaint of my BA. Got about 20 tactical shaping up, and assembling some of those sweet BA rhinos to transport them.

I'll post up some pics soon.

Cannot. Wait. For. Codex.

Knights of blood eh? I have a squad of them I run as death company.

As my first army way back in 2nd edition, I always feel that in spite of any efforts on any other force, I am first and foremost a Blood Angels collector. But I have never really ever been satisfied with how my guys look, so I never really have a full force to run! But I'm deep into a pretty serious repaint of my BA. Got about 20 tactical shaping up, and assembling some of those sweet BA rhinos to transport them.

I'll post up some pics soon.

Cannot. Wait. For. Codex.

Don't remind me... every once in a while I crack open my codex and think "the Lamenters sure have neat fluff, don't they... and yellow isn't that hard..." or "I know the Angels Encarmine are basically blood angels with black trim, but damn, wouldn't it be fun to paint alabaster death company and sanguinary guard with a liberal blood-splatter effect?" or "Charnel Guard is an awesome name for a chapter, isn't it?" The curse of the ADHD gamer. Some days, the only thing keeping me focused is what a pain in the butt stripping is.

And I know how you feel, brother. I can't wait, either. It's going to be so much fun to have an army that works properly!

The last few days have been productive for me.  Built and started painting a Deimos Rhino-back, got my Sicaran built and gap filled and got primer on the turret, have a Storm Raven pretty much ready for paint (will prime the cockpit today, I hope), and got paint on the inside of a Land Raider.  Maybe get some pics up tonight.

Gotta brag right quick about last night, won a 1500 game vs a buddy's Nids with Flyrant HQ with a list I though was doomed to fluffy failure:
-Dante
Sang Priest,jumpack,power axe
5xSG, 2x melta, 1 powerfist, chapter banner
-Storm Raven, War of Murder Legacy of Glory (reroll fails to wound on MCs)
5xSG, meltagun, powerfist
-LR Crusader
5xTH Termies

Stormraven thankfully came in on turn 2, and promptly  vaporized his flyrant,(first friggin' time I've evern shot it down), by turn 4 I had destroyed all of his remaining synapse.Thankfully, his mawloc, that cheesy POS, missed his deep strike attack. At end of turn five, he only had a single fex on the table with two wounds, and the game ended, 6-0.

Gotta brag right quick about last night, won a 1500 game vs a buddy's Nids with Flyrant HQ with a list I though was doomed to fluffy failure:

-Dante

-LR Crusader

5xTH Termies

Stormraven thankfully came in on turn 2, and promptly vaporized his flyrant,(first friggin' time I've evern shot it down), by turn 4 I had destroyed all of his remaining synapse.Thankfully, his mawloc, that cheesy POS, missed his deep strike attack. At end of turn five, he only had a single fex on the table with two wounds, and the game ended, 6-0.

What was his army? Cos with 17 bodies and 2 vehicles I bet you were well outnumbered. Nice result man.

Did the legacy help against the flyrant and overall?

Today I started painting a new character for my blood angels! the old school skull headed metal chaplain.. pictures coming soon!

On a darker note.. tonight a part of me turned heretic! I orbitally bombarded my wallet and ordered my first forgeworld model.. The Warmaster himself!

-Dante

-LR Crusader

5xTH Termies

Stormraven thankfully came in on turn 2, and promptly vaporized his flyrant,(first friggin' time I've evern shot it down), by turn 4 I had destroyed all of his remaining synapse.Thankfully, his mawloc, that cheesy POS, missed his deep strike attack. At end of turn five, he only had a single fex on the table with two wounds, and the game ended, 6-0.

What was his army? Cos with 17 bodies and 2 vehicles I bet you were well outnumbered. Nice result man.

Did the legacy help against the flyrant and overall?

The Lecacy really helped me KO the Flyrant. It certainly would have been a different games had that not happened, but he did jink first so I was already happy about that. It was also helpful for peppering the Fexes!

Dakka Flyrant

3xWarriors

2xDakkaFexes

Hormagaunt horde

Termagant horde

3xbiovores

3xHive Minds

Venomthrope

Mawloc

My biggest mistake was getting my THTermies literally stuck in with the hormagants, but the single squad of SG were able to charge off the Storm Raven and finish off the nearby Warrior brood to break synapse thereby saving two of them.

Honorable mention goes to the Sanguinary Priest and feel no pain, which decided to make an appearance several times and really helped Dante's squad.

I just knew 17 infantry models was insane before I started! Best game I've played yet.

Very interesting with the use of Multiple SG because of Dante! I imagine against the 'nids they we're a really effective choice?

Any good thoughts on them for someone who is interested in using the models for more than conversion parts :tongue.:

good decisions + luck = victory. I try to remind myself before each game. The SG were strong here because of power weapons and Nids lower armor saves, and their high mobility was absolutely critical, as was Dante's Deep Strike rule. My Fancy Boys made me proud this weekend!

Don't forget your Master-Crafted rerolls, I'm pretty bad about that.

I'd like to run multiple SG more often if they come down in the new dex, were I praying man I'd hope 30-35, comparable to SW Termies(wolf guard, I think?) which are 33 a pop(power sword, storm bolter). I'd also hope Dante gets a points drop, and can swing his Axe with an ap2 unwieldy profile or an ap3 I6, like one of the SW HQs, hmmmm, let call him Byork Forjenstorg?

I've heard people hoping out loud for increased sanguinary guard squad sizes, up to ten. I'd get behind that. More bodies would improve their staying power, give them utility as real heavy hitters rather than just bullies.