Hi yes I'm runing 3rd company elite

They are just the normal 5 terms and praetor from the BAC box

I was thinking that was the best way to run them in and land rad but what do you think ?

I never know what to do with the blob of 20 guys I have

But you you think the support squad is ok ?

Or all kakophoni? And wild you run them on foot on in rhinos

Hi yes I'm runing 3rd company elite Good!

They are just the normal 5 terms and praetor from the BAC box I thought as much, needs must!

I was thinking that was the best way to run them in and land rad but what do you think ? Its a tough one, LR is okay but only can have up to 5 terms in that, I think a Dreadclaw is better for 5 terms that will be an assault unit.

I never know what to do with the blob of 20 guys I have Truth be told 20 dudes is okay in EC with additional weapons and shriekers (though then getting quite expensive...) I'd make them into vets like I said or something.

But you you think the support squad is ok ? Can't argue with em!

Or all kakophoni? And wild you run them on foot on in rhinos All Kakaphoni, all the time ;) Relentless is just so good. Rhinos keep them safe first turn of shooting and let them get into position!

Support squads are quite nice, even with Kakophoni considered, and can be used in more lists beyond IIIrd. I hope this forum doesn't become as one-dimensional and boring as the World Eaters with their Inductii and Land Raiders Berserker Assault cookie cutter lists. Fulgrim is bored already!

Did not want to go to kakophoni heavy 2 units is enough gives me 4 nice troops choice

What to go for then the claw or the storm eagle or somthing else? This will be a main transport when I up grade to a nice unit of p blades or ph terms

I am playing around with lists that try to maximize the shriekers. Shame terminators can't take them.

Phoenix Guard can take them but its Phoenix Guard...

I don't mind leaving them out all together tbh but would try and like to keep everything else I have bar terms and prator

There is just so much to choose from lol also don't know to go melter or plasmer I have swap out wepons and do I run kakophoni in rhinos or on foot

I see a very wide variety of Imperial Fist lists, including Pride and both their unique Rites and even Armoured Breakthrough. Since book VI, 100% of EC has been Kakophoni spam.

I used kakophoni before they were good :D As stated they are fluffy but I do believe balanced. I lost a third of a squad in one round of shooting. They're awesome but not without their drawbacks

Does it balance by the fact I run breachers and destroyers? :p - played against the tenth legion yesterday and yes, destroyers are truly awful! (But they look great!)

Edited by 01RTB01

Cut out the terms completely from my list now so going to run an 18 man tac squad all with combat blades and sonic S with sarge having artificer armor phoenix power spear a apothecary and sonic S with a Legion praetor in artificer armor phoenix power spear all kited out or some other hq? In ither a storm eagle or LEGION KHARYBDIS ASSAULT CLAW ? Any help ? This also leaves me some points for a Dreadnought drop pod or somthing els

Sorry, but maru skara still sucks, that's why 3rd company has become a go-to option.

No shriekers, no +1 init, kakophoni useless?

Naa 3rd company all the way, the legion fights on!

Kakophoni have drawbacks, but their damage potential is too goo to miss out on compared to tacs.

My 2 tac squads just sit in box now, I'm considering repurposing them all to vets truth be told otherwise there's a redundant 40 guys!!

So I play 2/3 units kakophoni eidolon and an assault squad, and build from there.

Nonsense, guaranteed reserves in turn of your choice, giving outflank to stuff like dreadnoughts, machine killer veterans, javelins, synergy with Fulgrim's Master of Ambush, etc. If you think that Rite sucks, you lack imagination and would perhaps be more at home in the ranks of the XIIth. ;)

The initiative bonus is inherent to the whole Legion, it's not locked in IIIrd. Shriekers are nice but also expensive (30 points for a mid-sized assault squad is a pretty penny).

Non-IIIrd Kakophoni aren't useless, they are just in a competitive slot. As heavy and not relentless they are like a culverin squad, so not bad. They are downright amazing as relentless troops, certainly, just like a culverin squad would be. An attitude of "this is too good not to use" is toxic to a 30K community and a good way to see it turn into 40K. "Oh this guy always brings 20-30 Kakophoni, so I guess I'll always bring 6 phosphex mortars, they are too good not to use!"

I mean, I get it, IIIrd makes a lot of unique fun options available to the Children, and I have no problem with people using it, but we need to squash this growing sentiment where people ask for basic advise about the Legion and are just told "just play IIIrd everything else is garbage melt your tactical marines and inject them in your eyeballs blergablerrr!!"

Well, I certainly don't lack imagination, I had a 14 game losing streak trying to get maru skara to work, it just cannot at 3k areas.

I'm the end I took no rite and used s generic list till then.

It's a neat gimmick if you could outflank anything, then might be more fun, but fast attacks or elites well, there's just better things to do.

Oh I don't always take that, itd be silly as you get predicable and 'that guy' I throw all sorts into the mix.

You are right about init my silly.

Non-IIIrd Kakophoni aren't useless, they are just in a competitive slot. As heavy and not relentless they are like a culverin squad, so not bad. They are downright amazing as relentless troops, certainly, just like a culverin squad would be. An attitude of "this is too good not to use" is toxic to a 30K community and a good way to see it turn into 40K. "Oh this guy always brings 20-30 Kakophoni, so I guess I'll always bring 6 phosphex mortars, they are too good not to use!"

Is this not just an issue with HH becoming more popular and accessable with plastics?

With more 40k players switching to HH as they are tired of the constant change and middle age spread of 40K rules, endless supplements, and balance issues, etc but when they come to 30k they are bringing a competitive mindset to list building as that is how 40k works in many metas? FW may need to put a rule into 30k like 'highlander' tournaments, there can be only 1, to prevent spam lists. Possibly using this style of rule, apart from core troop choice, would allow 30k to remain a game on the table top rather than a list optimising game?

I picked EC based on the army mechanics and the armies special units.  When I was list building however I realized that the EC special units, set up how I wanted to run them, were over-costed and/or not as effective as other legion units (or generic legion units of their respective FOC slot).

In a way it's sad that we need to rely so heavily on our RoW to make our specific units usable without hamstringing ourselves for the sake of a fluffy army.  I enjoy a good narrative game, but I like having a win every now and then too. :)

I don't think the Children should have any issues winning with the cost decrease on most generic units. Almost everybody has a stinker unit or Rite, and all three EC uniques are at least workable without any Rites. Yeah the Phoenix Terminators are probably like 50 points too expensive, but so are Raptors and Headhunters and Rampagers et al.

The strength of the Legions rests in the core choices.

I picked EC based on the army mechanics and the armies special units. When I was list building however I realized that the EC special units, set up how I wanted to run them, were over-costed and/or not as effective as other legion units (or generic legion units of their respective FOC slot).

In a way it's sad that we need to rely so heavily on our RoW to make our specific units usable without hamstringing ourselves for the sake of a fluffy army. I enjoy a good narrative game, but I like having a win every now and then too. :)

How are you running them and why are they over costed? I run kakophoni and palatines in most games and they're awesome!

I'd still take kakophoni without the RoW as they're excellent.

Palatines don't need upgrades particularly, I run 10 with 3 spears and jump packs and they do an amazing choppy job.

Played a 3.5k game yesterday and my dice had the time of their life winning 27:4. Great fun but I felt like a bad man :(

Kakophoni out of rite are still very usable. They are similar to culverin support squads in a way. Stick them in a bunker with ammo stores, and you don't need an apothecary and don't care about overheats.

EC Kakophoni are my next next next project after I finish my new Skitarii and my Cybernetika and Night Lords lists. It's good to have long-term goals. :D