IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

Auloth the Primordial Iterator

Vehicle and Supes - Fear, all weapons gain Pinning. All friendly units within 12" have the Fear and FnP special rules (also counts as Daemonic Possession as per CSM book)

A 24" FnP bubble ?

I'm hoping I can give that to my defiler, but if I have to I'll drop that thing like a sack of bricks and start running a raider

Problem is that the buff only applies to units with the Icon of Wrath, so to get any use of it you need to shell out the points both for the MoK and Icons for them, meaning you need to put it on a vehicle that moves forward with your Khorne horde, meaning your (with the upgrade) very expensive vehicle will probably not be alive past turn 2 or 3.

But it should definitely please WE players all over, since it makes advancing on foot a bit more viable. smile.png

edit: are you sure on that? The IoW "legacy" is earlier in the list, do they get two?

I mean I'm thinking a raider or defiler surrounded by T5/FNP troops and oblits is going to be hard to dodge

Auloth the Primordial Iterator

I'm hoping I can give that to my defiler

Sorry:

"Daemon Engines (including Defilers, Maulerfiends, Forgefiends, Heldrakes, Lord of Skulls , Blood Slaughterers, Brass Scorpions, etc.) as well as any vehicle with the Daemonic Possession vehicle upgrade or the Daemonic Resilience special rule may not take Legacies of Ruin"

Land Raider or Charybdis would be the best vehicles for that I guess, as long as you remember to also put your "Technomancer" (Abaddon, Warpsmith, Malefic Sorc) inside to make the Possession that comes with Auloth not eat your expensive guys.

thats cool, could you confirm if the bonus is limited to IoW units only?

Well, since it was I who pointed it out first a confirmation from me might not be worth much, but I'm looking at page 190 right now and it says for +X points the vehicle (+2*X for super heavies) gets the Fear special rule and all its guns get the Pinning special rule. "In addition, all friendly units equipped with an Icon of Wrath within 12" of it have the Fear and Feel no Pain special rules."

The option also has an asterisk, meaning it includes the Daemonic Possession upgrade in its cost.

Im thinking Khornate possessed in a LR with Auloth the Primordial Iterator and some with some Khornate marines in rhinos flanking.

But I'm disappointed, for the cost (about the same as 3 marines), it should have given the bonus to all CSM units within 12".

But Screams of Lugganath, Perdus Rift Anomaly, Forth Quadrant Rebellion, Death of Kasyr Lutien and Maelstrom Rider all seem worth it (the last one on a Proteus makes it work kinda like before, only slightly more expensive. Kinda cool on a flyer too, outflanking straight away is pretty useful for flyers).

so there are t

thats cool, could you confirm if the bonus is limited to IoW units only?

Well, since it was I who pointed it out first a confirmation from me might not be worth much, but I'm looking at page 190 right now and it says for +X points the vehicle (+2*X for super heavies) gets the Fear special rule and all its guns get the Pinning special rule. "In addition, all friendly units equipped with an Icon of Wrath within 12" of it have the Fear and Feel no Pain special rules."

The option also has an asterisk, meaning it includes the Daemonic Possession upgrade in its cost.

Thank you, guess thats another set of units that are statistically tougher than the Nurgle ones...yay....

Since my copy is still in the mail, I have to ask - how badly was our version of the LR Proteus nerfed?

(It originally sounded like we just lost the Explorator Augury Web - which IMO was great - for some kind of meh "Ark of the Covenant" type upgrade, but now it sounds like we also lost Scout too!  What, if anything, is left to make it even vaguely worthwhile?  Is it now just some sort of Mini-LR for Chaos?  Kind of a Kaos Klown Kar?) 

Yeah, but as I recall, the Ark thing doesn't apply to anything without a Ld value - so useless against Vehicles and Walkers.  Meh. 

And Scout is gone too???  So it's now a LR that can only hold 8, and isn't an Assault Vehicle either - what's the point?  (Fear?  No, just no.)

So the LR Proteus is now officially the Kaos Klown Kar - yay Forgeworld!

Yeah, the Proteus is completely pointless now. It causes Fear, which does nothing, lost Scout and the Ark is really really expensive and pretty bad. The only good thing about the upgrade is that you don't need to buy it, making the LR Proteus a standard LR without Assault ramp, and if you give it a twin heavy bolter it costs a meltagun less than a standard one.

So that's a vehicle that will collect dust sadly.

I mean, it's just the opportunity cost. For a meltagun extra you get assault ramp on your LR. The standard LR for chaos is really bad, its only redeeming feature is the assault ramp. To take the LR and remove the ramp for cost of a meltagun means you have everything that is bad about the LR left, without the one thing that makes it ok.

Seriously, for it to be even close to interesting, it should have had that Ark rule included in the base cost. Even with that upgrade for the base cost it would still be a bad vehicle, but it would have made the Proteus somewhat interesting at least.

It just pisses me off that the loyalists get a Proteus that is both useful and worthwhile, while we get a version that is totally pointless, has no redeeming and/or interesting features and is horribly expensive to boot.

There are some nice new rules in the book, but the Contemptor, Decimator and Proteus all needed to be buffed, but the Contemptor was unchanged and the other two nerfed, so I'm pretty dissatisfied. The Renegades and Heretics list is only really useful as allies for CSM, it can't really stand on its own, so all in all when it comes to the new rules I have to give the book maybe a 2 out of 5. It's like they don't even playtest.

I'm pleased to see chaos get some love from FW, if not geedub. Sounds like a great release.

To anyone with the book, can a warhound be given the 12" FNP/fear upgrade? If not then what durable platforms can take the upgrade? my bro has vast amounts of berserkers and letters so I'm hoping this might be the chance to field them with some success.  

Tot, Chaos is "supposed" to be inferior to Loyalists.

Anyway while I'm serius, spikey bits pointed something out from a Faet posting about I believe Page 117 where they spoiled the future revival of Chaos Demon Engine Walkers to fill the role of Chaos Knights. FW/GW can't be bothered to be fair and give us one, but Subjugaters and Hell Striders were mentioned, among other units.

I'm reiterating this because I do not like shelling out the cost of ammo or a videogame for a picture book, so clearly I don't have it.

It's like they don't even playtest.

LOL.

can a warhound be given the 12" FNP/fear upgrade?

complimentary question from me: does the daemon-titan upgrade confer daemonic possession or daemonic resilience? (if so, then only unupgraded titan can take legacies). if it's only the Daemon USR, then nothing speaks against it.

LOL.

complimentary question from me: does the daemon-titan upgrade confer daemonic possession or daemonic resilience? (if so, then only unupgraded titan can take legacies). if it's only the Daemon USR, then nothing speaks against it.

Depends if you want to be a rules lawyer about it ? As it has the Daemon USR it would be a daemon engine (and also have a 5++ save, which would be daemonic resilience), and thus unable to take the upgrade. But WAW no the Daemon USR doesn't specifically give "daemonic possession or daemonic resilience".

And to you Brom, It states superheavies can take it, and doesn't rule out walkers etc, so yes your warhound could take it

Glad to see they still can't unsuck the Defiler.

I love my defiler, haven't regretted taking it once in 7th. Also haven't lost it once in 7th and its ID S8 with massive range and CC threat is fantastic

LOL.

Depends if you want to be a rules lawyer about it ? As it has the Daemon USR it would be a daemon engine (and also have a 5++ save, which would be daemonic resilience), and thus unable to take the upgrade. But WAW no the Daemon USR doesn't specifically give "daemonic possession or daemonic resilience".

And to you Brom, It states superheavies can take it, and doesn't rule out walkers etc, so yes your warhound could take it

Just note, If you are talking about possession in the codex. it does NOT give the daemon special rule

Am I mistaking something? Or did the Chaos Contemptor lose a hullpoint with respect to before IA13? It's listed with 3 HP only ...

I don't have access to the old rule set so I can't compare directly. I'm basically asking because it seems to be very expensive at 195 points base?

Am I mistaking something? Or did the Chaos Contemptor lose a hullpoint with respect to before IA13? It's listed with 3 HP only ...

I don't have access to the old rule set so I can't compare directly. I'm basically asking because it seems to be very expensive at 195 points base?

Yeah, though to be honest the old 4 HP was obviously a misprint. I never played it as such anyway, which might be why I always thought is was overcosted.

The new IA13 has put me in a glum mood. :(

Archived