++ March of the Legions: XX Legion ++

Hyaenidae

Just finished assembling my model (sorry the picture is blurry, its the best my phone can manage):

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg605/Castiel25/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141117_220309_zpsd43567e7.jpg

The paint is flowing on my end, Heathens. Will have to wait for the light to come back tomoro to snap some pics.

EDIT:

Took some anyway! The first shot is most representative of what's going on with the paint, despite poop lighting.

http://s8.postimg.org/4llkomyat/pic2.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/iqrdqg7c5/pic1.jpg

Base is pretty well done. Onto details!

When's the next legion coming up and which legion? smile.png

It's one month for each Legion and we're starting at the end and moving backwards, so the XIX is next, starting on Dec 1.

Yarrgh.

That means the First is last....

...and the last will be first.

Hmmm I swear I read this in a book somewhere ;)

The paint is flowing on my end, Heathens. Will have to wait for the light to come back tomoro to snap some pics.

EDIT:

Took some anyway! The first shot is most representative of what's going on with the paint, despite poop lighting.

http://s8.postimg.org/4llkomyat/pic2.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/iqrdqg7c5/pic1.jpg

Holy hell, how did I miss this update?!? I Looooove the color you got right here!!! It's such an amazing shade between the blue-green of the later Legion, and the Grey of Unification! How in the nine hells did you do that?

EDIT:

Holy hell, how did I miss this update?!? I Looooove the color you got right here!!! It's such an amazing shade between the blue-green of the later Legion, and the Grey of Unification! How in the nine hells did you do that?

Kind of trial-and-error to be honest.

I sprayed on a black primer, followed by a mix of GW blues with medium through an airbrush. After that, I did the same process, but with a mix of GW greens and blues, working toward a sea green -- at one point he looked even more like a Son of Horus. After I had that green, I washed with black, then sprayed on a lighter mix of that green, then splashed GW's blue glaze on, sprayed on the previous light green mix, then gave it another blue glazing. If you're still with me, it was quite the process, and what pigments I've put on HATE to be photographed. I may have to finally make a light box..

I really dig the choice of head. One of the things that always makes me chuckle in our sci-fi universe of suspended disbelief is marines with HUDs looking into optical scopes that could have the information slaved wirelessly to the buckets on their heads -- one of the reasons I love the FW seeker bolters so much. Anyway, I love that your XX does it the old fashion way, properly :)

Hey there Hyaenidae,

Just wanted to point you to the fact that about two weeks ago I edited my initial post to include my pledge - back on page 1.  The official list of participants doesn't have me on it, so please add my name!

I have received, assembled, and mostly painted my entry.  I'm very excited, this is a FANTASTIC event you guys are running.  So far, this is some of the most fun I've had painting.  The Alpha Legion scheme is really cool, I just wish I liked their background.  I already have my model picked out for next month too, and I'm working on the month after that!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps91c8c436.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpscaf0479d.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps0415f698.jpg

Pics aren't great, he looks better up close. Has a nice green tinge to him as well. Overall happy with how he turned out after my bad start! Working on the fluff at the moment!

Hey there Hyaenidae,

Just wanted to point you to the fact that about two weeks ago I edited my initial post to include my pledge - back on page 1.  The official list of participants doesn't have me on it, so please add my name!

Not sure how the heck I missed you, man. My fault. Got you on there now.

**SNIP**

Pics aren't great, he looks better up close. Has a nice green tinge to him as well. Overall happy with how he turned out after my bad start! Working on the fluff at the moment!

Wow, I love that awesome cobalty blue color. Nice work!

Hey there Hyaenidae,

Just wanted to point you to the fact that about two weeks ago I edited my initial post to include my pledge - back on page 1. The official list of participants doesn't have me on it, so please add my name!

Not sure how the heck I missed you, man. My fault. Got you on there now.

Thanks! I appreciate it, and I will post my final product soon. :)

Here is an WIP. And There are more pics in my WIP thread.

The colour is darker in the pics than to the naked eye but It`s really tough getting that AL by glazing. I`ll aim to use the blotchier parts and darker overall setup in my Moritat paint scheme here. There is still lots of detail work to be done ( eye lenses, plasma coils for starters) but progress is progress...

gallery_66914_10143_367052.jpg

This looks like a stellar project lads, maybe I'll pledge later on down the line if the competition is still going, I don't have the disposable dosh right now to join in. There is some very good models coming out of this and I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with. I'll dip my foot into the Heresy at some point. 

My Contemptor is on the Violet/blue side of the spectrum since I'm just doing Drakenhoff nightshade over silver (with some green and red blended in there). Soo...yeah..now to just actually finish the thing...

Great work so far guys and gals. Inspiring.

Part one of my modest effort;

Alpharius peered down at the sprawling hive below as the Storm Eagle carrying him and his squad soared through the darkening sky. Another ping had been identified by the orbiting Strike Cruiser. A radioactive signature betraying the possible location of the stolen warhead. Another wild goose chase in all likelihood. The problem with radioactivity was that it was everywhere. Natural and artificial, false positives had left his squad chasing shadows on countless occasions over the last week. These rebels were good sport at least, unlike some.

The ‘Conclave’ as they were known had done all they realistically could against the undeniable force that was the XVIth Legion. Alpharius had seen the aftermath of the short sharp strike at the rebel stronghold. But it had not been the vainglorious last stand of their enemy the XVIth had presumed. The rebels had acquired an asset of great import whilst the gaze of Horus’ sons was focused elsewhere. An ancient nuclear warhead of great potency, under the guard of the Planetary Governor, the Traitors’ ally, had been stolen. Unsurprisingly this had left the XVIth Captain rather vexed and the Governor in hot water. Literally. XX Legion assets had been working alongside the XVIth in the systems Counter-compliance, which had been running fairly smoothly, until now.

Scanning the ground on the approach to their target zone with the optics in his customised mark 6 helm Alpharius noticed a small figure on a hab rooftop as the Storm Eagle slowed it’s trajectory. A child, no doubt equal parts terrified and curious as to what craft roared overhead. What was she holding? A fraction of a second later the shoulder mounted anti aircraft launcher unleashed it’s salvo. The aircraft lurched violently as the missile obliterated the starboard engine, sending it into a fiery spin earthwards. The Legionaries aboard braced for impact, steadfast in the chaos. The same could not be said for the Legion serfs, who cartwheeled through the air in all directions, the G forces crunching them into bulkheads, and flinging their fragile bodies out into the night air. When the Storm Eagle finally hit the ground it took half the hab block down with it in a cacophony of noise which could be heard for miles around. 

To be continued.

Sorry for the blurry pic, had to use my rubbish laptop camera...

http://i.imgur.com/dqCKnSz.jpg

Fluff to follow soon, hopefully I can get a better picture tomorrow with an old camera I found in the garage >.>

Archived