Perrin

Anyone getting / got these yet? I think Trial by Blood isn't out for another week though Sons of Wrath isn't clear on a release date.

I think I'll probably go for Trial by Blood, then maybe wait for Christmas to get Sons of Wrath when it's out in normal hardback. The Flesh Tearers are my favourite BA successor by far, probably the high light of James Swallow's BA series.

For those who haven't seen them yet:

--> http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/sons-of-wrath-first-edition.html

Sons of Wrath, a first edition release concerning Amit founding the Flesh Tearers. Could this be the start in an unofficial Scouring series?

--> http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/trial-by-blood-hardback.html

Trial by Blood; back in the 41st millennium Gabriel Seth is on trial for his life apparently, amongst a court of his fellow BA successor Chapter Masters and Dante, over the brutality and atrocities that we have all come to know and love the Flesh Tearers for.

Trial by Blood was a pleasant surprise. I was just expecting Sons of Wrath, and we got two new goodies from Andy Smillie.

I ordered the First edition, but I am going to wait for a bit before picking up Trial by Blood, I already spent an unreasonable amount of money this morning laugh.png

Trial by Blood does sound promising though, maybe something along the lines of what Phalanx should have been.

Trial by Blood does sound promising though, maybe something along the lines of what Phalanx should have been.

It's just an anthology of all the short stories featuring Flesh Tearers, with a four short framing passages of Blood Angels Successor Chapter Masters shouting at each other. Good stuff if you haven't already read them, but the new material is fairly inconsequential.

It's just an anthology of all the short stories featuring Flesh Tearers, with a four short framing passages of Blood Angels Successor Chapter Masters shouting at each other. Good stuff if you haven't already read them, but the new material is fairly inconsequential.

An actual anthology or similar to the trial in Phalanx? If it's just an anthology with some short framing passages then the marketing for it seems kind of misleading by BL, the webpage for it makes it look like a full novel.

Although, the £15 price tag for a hardback did make me suspicious...

An actual anthology. Like, the title page says "A Warhammer 40,000 Anthology".

Contains:

The Trial of Gabriel Seth, Act I

Know Thyself
Blood in the Machine
From the Blood
The Trial of Gabriel Seth, Act II
Beneath the Flesh
Torturer’s Thirst
Death’s Shepherd
Immortalis
The Quickening
The Trial of Gabriel Seth, Act III
Astorath the Grim: Redeemer of the Lost
Gabriel Seth: The Flesh Tearer
The Trial of Gabriel Seth, Act IV

Mostly short stories and quick reads already available to buy. Blood in the Machine and From the Blood were originally audio dramas (From the Blood is half of The Stromark Massacre). Death's Shepherd was published on their Facebook page. The conceit is that the stories are being presented as evidence of Seth's failure and the Flesh Tearers' fall.

I'm curious where you found that, because the page I found on the Black Library website makes no mention of an anthology:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/trial-by-blood-hardback.html

I was very close to ordering this. I would have been VERY upset once I actually opened it.

So you don't actually find out it's an anthology until you buy the book and open it? Awesome marketing there by Black Library.

EDIT: Looking at the BL website page again, I'm genuinely shocked. Is it just me? Not only is there nothing that indicates it's an anthology, it's almost like it's deliberately been marketed as a standard hardback novel.

Archived