I'm loving the Day of revelation rite of war, my mate managed to get to the weekender and picked me up a book which I'm hoping to get this evening. Unfortunately I'm gunna have to play with the defensive rite for a while as my army's core consists of tact squads. Assault squads are defiantly on my to do list, it's a shame FW don't sell mk4 jump packs and weapon arms to upgrade the plastics.

Few problems with your interpretation, there, FA. See comments in Evil Sunz Red.

IMPORTANT RECAP :

What do we learn in two pages :

- We first learn that the Blood Angels "Process of transformation was a more arcane, elaborate and painfull one than that endured by any other legion" 

So the Blood Angels are recognize has possessing the most advanced, yet uncertain, process of transformation. 

More arcane and elaborate does not mean more advanced. Quite the opposite, in fact. Technological advances tend to make things more understood and simpler.

- Secondary, we unlock the reasons behind the innimity between the Blood Angels  and The Mechanicum about the Baal Predator. The reason lies in the fact that the Baal Predator isn't a Mars property/project, but a result of an old alliance between the Dyzanique techno-esoteric cult and the Emperor, bypassing any Martian right on technology. (No need to say that Mars may have felt it keen to see a piece of technology that doesn't bore his martian sigil....)

The emnity is die to the designs for Lucifer engines, which a BA techmarine designed, and will not give to the meachanicus. You'll notice that in 40k more than the BA have assault cannons. If what you say is true, then the Imperial Fists would also have a bad relationship with the mechanicum.

I'm loving the Day of revelation rite of war, my mate managed to get to the weekender and picked me up a book which I'm hoping to get this evening. Unfortunately I'm gunna have to play with the defensive rite for a while as my army's core consists of tact squads. Assault squads are defiantly on my to do list, it's a shame FW don't sell mk4 jump packs and weapon arms to upgrade the plastics.

Don't they still offer the bundel deal with assult marines and specail weapons? Seem like a good starting point, and if wanting to drop more $ pick up 2 legion upgrade kits and thus giving you ideal starting point for a legion.

If looking towards a plastic option why not use Sanguinary Guard as base for conversion. The ornate style of armour suits them and with rights tweeks would look rather impressive. Honestly I leaning towards this my self. Both options would work out to about the same price wise, not factoring eBay as SG pop up there rather cheap from time to time, or buying fake world is not something your a pose too you could kit bash a force on the cheaper side.

The more I look the more I think the Rite is pretty nice. Our Legion rules are a little sad-ish though.

Its a shame our 30k are essentially "yup still jump infantry with super furious charge and fancy pistols".

Assault cannons though. The potential is hilarious. Deredeo? Assault cannons. Contemptor? Chain Fists with inbuilt assault cannons. Attack Bikes? Dakka. Heavy support squads? Dakka dakka. Predators? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.

Seriously, Predators can have a twin linked assault cannon, assault cannon sponsons and a pintle mounted assault cannon.

In squads of 3.

A gentleman's 48 S6 Rending shots.

Average 6 reads per Salvo.

Don't they still offer the bundel deal with assult marines and specail weapons? Seem like a good starting point, and if wanting to drop more $ pick up 2 legion upgrade kits and thus giving you ideal starting point for a legion.

If looking towards a plastic option why not use Sanguinary Guard as base for conversion. The ornate style of armour suits them and with rights tweeks would look rather impressive. Honestly I leaning towards this my self. Both options would work out to about the same price wise, not factoring eBay as SG pop up there rather cheap from time to time, or buying fake world is not something your a pose too you could kit bash a force on the cheaper side.

Yeh FW do sell a 20 pack of mk4 with special weapons for £145 or something. Iv had a large BA 30k army for a few years now it's just that I never got around to making any assault squads for it. Partly because I had so many for my 40k army and also that points cost wise they are extremely high. Iv still loads of calth plastics still to build so it's a shame you can't get jump packs and chainsword/bolt pistol arms separately. Buying sang guard just for the packs is a possibility I guess.

I feel a FAQ is incoming about exactly which units can take an assault cannon. I think it might be a case of rushed Forge World writing

Imperial fists have limits, there is literally no reason fluff or otherwise we wouldn't follow some kind of restrictions

I am pretty sure you are right. However it's fun to dream.

I feel a FAQ is incoming about exactly which units can take an assault cannon. I think it might be a case of rushed Forge World writing

Imperial fists have limits, there is literally no reason fluff or otherwise we wouldn't follow some kind of restrictions

I don't. It would give us a hell of a unique flavour, and Fists can have it on terms sure, but we don't get storm shields/ teleporters etc :P

Why do we need an FAQ? It already states extremely clearly in the rules:

"Any Blood Angels model (including vehicles)..."

It really doesn't get any clearer than this. The even put the (vehicles) in brackets, just in case anybody got confused about what the word "any" meant.

Edited by Xenith

Why do we need an FAQ? It already states extremely clearly in the rules:

"Any Blood Angels model (including vehicles)..."

It really doesn't get any clearer than this. The even put the (vehicles) in brackets, just in case anybody got confused about what the word "any" meant.

THIS.

Sallies can change HBs for Super Heavy Flamers. We get to trade Heavy Flamers for Assault Cannons at a bargain price.

This is honestly making me consider BA.... As my second army.

....After BA.

If the Blood Angels "unique flavor" in Horus Heresy is "they spam Assault Cannons" instead of, I don't know, assault, jump packs, close combat in general then that's pretty pathetic. It pisses on all our old fluff and flavor.

Our basic rules give us +1 to wound with all melee weapons. One of our Rites of War lets all of our jump infantry deep strike turn one to receive a 5+ cover save and they gain +1 Init on the charge.

They got us covered! The assault cannon bit is just a wonderful extra that is actually quite fluffy if you ask me.

And remember this is without our unique units - One of which I am 90% guaranteeing will be a Veteran unit with jump packs and different options as opposed to heavy weapons, as they don't exist yet in 30k.

I'd also wager one of Sanguinius' army wide buffs will be Descent of angels :biggrin.:

Edited by Charlo

You may have a point.... And with how much I love the look of those, I can't believe I forgot about them. Has anyone seen a better picture of the new heavy weapons?

On ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261160482791?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252252630462?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by marine7312000

I am with you on Jp vets being a type of unquie unit for us, they were in 40k than GW gave everyone VV.

Any info on with we getting unquie consoul?

Also don't forget with normal vets we can now get sniper AC, though sniper heavy flamers were fun AC taking over. One could wish list for supensory web but that would be pushing it.

Also the host rule let's all jump infantry squads come in turn 1. At first glance I thought it said troops. So this opens up options, destroyers look tempting, command sqs and consular ect. Factoring in pinning, that doesn't replace furry of legion but is nice perk, in 30k and 40k.

Imo I think they got your fluff down and didn't make us Op or weak. The defensive row is gives us a different play style and host one fits us. Yeah there legions with stronger row and set ups, but over all we made out ok.

Edited by shaun03

Yeah, all of this is pure gold. I really love where FW is going with both the fluff and the rules.

I was contemplating on using the HH as a platform to do a different army than my usual Blood Angels, but who am I kidding? :D Looks like I will be painting more red when I get to 30K.

Same! I was planning an IWs army, but Blood Angels are just too cool...

I'm fairly happy with ba legion rules so far, I say so far as I'm sure they will be expanded with book 8 lands.

Only think I'm a little disappointed to see is that the +1 ini isn't a base legion rule like Ec have just had. Seeing as ba are the mix of world eaters and Ec adding this along with the +1 to wound would portray this really well.

Least I can start using my ba in small games now, the lack of ic and a primarch will hold me back from 2000+ games where my wb will still be my focus until next year :(

So gentlemen (and women)

Tactics based on our new rules?

How do people plan to survive challenges (seeing as both of our rites of war effectively force us to be in challenges if the option exists)

Day of revelations means our core army is almost always going to be:

Praetor with jump pack

2x assault squad

Personally I'm thinking to arm the praetor with a paragon blade, aa armour, pack, halo, digital weapons and maybe an infernus pistol (effectively dante without eternal warrior). I think the paragon blade is arguably better than blade of Perdition unless you are against something with eternal warrior, and most things with that will destroy us anyway.

Assault squads I think need to be kept light on gear till the core assault squad rules are updated in a few months, so sergeants with combat shields and either chainsword, power sword or axe. I'd lean toward swords so we can make better use of our better init and hopefully be hitting first (seems to be our only chance to win a challenge). Not sure on Artificer armour for them honestly.

Biggest issue in a challenge are scars IMO as they have the flat out best weapon in the game... For the same cost as we get an axe.

Damocles rhino to reduce scatter range for day of revelations is a must. I'd also seriously still consider a core of spartan and terminators.

Perhaps a destroyer squad with infernus pistols?