The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Good to see that BA got the proper treatment. I was prepared to swim in an ocean of tears and hate. I am happy to swim in the current ocean of content and nipple armour :D

we need to talk  about you  and the nipples thing

Can't stop laughing at this :D

R

Added to the rolls of victory*

*Dreadnoughts house ancient heroes that fight to their last breath to defend mankind and seek glory in death. Fellow Space Marines will fight harder in their prescense and will seek to reclaim their venerable hulls when destroyed. When a dreadnought becomes wrecked or immobilized, he becomes an objective worth 2 points to the controlling space marine player and 1 VP to the opposing team if claimed or causes an explosion. SM unit must be within 6" of the hull at the end of the game to claim the VPs.

This. In the name of the God Emperor, this!

I've just completed reading through my codex and all I can say is that I am very satisfied. The point reductions alone have made it worth it. Out of curiosity, I took a few of my old lists and pointed them under the new codex. So far, every single list has shed off 100 points, minimum. There are so many different ways to field the Blood Angels now, I can't wait to try them out next week!

Why are we wishlisting about Dreadnoughts? Seems counterproductive imo...

Because wishlisting is fun.

My more radical wish: Remove walkers from the game. Make dreadnoughts monstrous creatures just like the xenos walkers. How is a Wraithlord or Riptide different from a dreadnought? All three are bipedal machines that have a pilot (some are more alive than others).

I did notice that, and it's listed solely under the librarian entry. 

Also, I have only one disappointment with my purchases yesterday. The GW BA dice....why is the symbol in place of the 1? Granted, very good thing for a characteristic test, but for the vast majority of the game, that's bad. Does this make sense to anyone else? I haven't opened it yet, and I'm debating what to do with it. 

Lastly, has anyone received their Sanguinary Guard edition yet? I'm curious if it's as lackluster as I think it might be.

GW pretty much always replace the 1 rather than the 6. Possibly they consider it one symbol to replace one pip.

The White Dwarf product description said:

has the Blood Angels’ Chapter icon on the one-facing (which helps take the sting out of rolling ones)

I noticed we have access to relic weapons now!

Captains and sergeants in Vanguard can take relic blades.  Which is awesome, my Vanguard sergeant has a 2 handed axe that is now a relic blade.

Soo, got my 'dex and the tac squad, along with the data cards.

First of all, the way the Blood Angels have been portrayed(from what I've read) is very much to my liking. Then, the rules are insane once you think about it! Cheaper units all around(Baals w/ HB and SB 145 pts instead of 155!), Baal detachment for that sweet initiative bonus and extra elites, Sanguinary Guard are actually very good if buffed correctly....man, that's a beautiful piece.

The troops section looks a bit bland, but I think you could just put 6 scouts in a razorback w/ heavy flamer to scout ahead and burn some witches.

Librarian dreadnought looks like fun, even though I'll rather have the sanguinary priest next to my (finally!!!) artificer armour captain.

Speaking of which, the relics are pure sex. That jump pack, the blade on a captain with infernus pistol, helloooo! With a little luck you could even get Descent of Angels as a warlord trait, which is terrific, re-roll scatter dice and only scatter 1D6. tongue.png

Dante is now officially the most badass Chapter Master in the universe. Period.

Command squads Honour Guard now officially suck. A shame, really. Nobody needs a combat shield. dry.png The bad load-out for the champion is somewhat mitigated by the +1 initiative, but still. Nah.

As for army composition, I was thinking of setting up the Sanguinary Guard as the real honour guard, put my newly built captain in there with the relic jump pack and the sword+IP as well a Sang Priest. That unit kicks so much xenos buttocks it's not even funny! Ini6 WS7 S5 AP 2 for the Captain and WS5 for the Guard laugh.png

Also, tac squad in drop pod instead of the furioso who might be shelfed, along with JP DC and assault squad. Scouts (perhaps in a RB), 2 Baals and Stormraven just for the lolz. Not sure how many points this comes up to but the close combat potential is terrifying. Which made this codex somewhat a wet dream of mine. cool.png I might even add Vanguards for some extra spice, but I'm really not sure on them.

Everything is so shiny. Bloody hell.

Snorri

So, the symbol is mostly consolation prize to you sucking?  ....okay then.

I thought it was to do with rolling 1's for Red Thirst - or is that not a thing in the new codex?

You see, that would make a lot of sense, but nope. You don't roll for Red Thirst anymore. It's the +1 Initiative bonus for the BA detachment and the company formation.

First of all, the way the Blood Angels have been portrayed(from what I've read) is very much to my liking. Then, the rules are insane once you think about it! Cheaper units all around(Baals w/ HB and SB 145 pts instead of 155!), Baal detachment for that sweet initiative bonus and extra elites, Sanguinary Guard are actually very good if buffed correctly....man, that's a beautiful piece.

The troops section looks a bit bland, but I think you could just put 6 scouts in a razorback w/ heavy flamer to scout ahead and burn some witches.

Librarian dreadnought looks like fun, even though I'll rather have the sanguinary priest next to my (finally!!!) artificer armour captain.

Speaking of which, the relics are pure sex. That jump pack, the blade on a captain with infernus pistol, helloooo! With a little luck you could even get Descent of Angels as a warlord trait, which is terrific, re-roll scatter dice and only scatter 1D6. tongue.png

Command squads Honour Guard now officially suck. A shame, really. Nobody needs a combat shield. dry.png The bad load-out for the champion is somewhat mitigated by the +1 initiative, but still. Nah.

As for army composition, I was thinking of setting up the Sanguinary Guard as the real honour guard, put my newly built captain in there with the relic jump pack and the sword+IP as well a Sang Priest. That unit kicks so much xenos buttocks it's not even funny! Ini6 WS7 S5 AP 2 for the Captain and WS5 for the Guard laugh.png

Also, tac squad in drop pod instead of the furioso who might be shelfed, along with JP DC and assault squad. Scouts (perhaps in a RB), 2 Baals and Stormraven just for the lolz. Not sure how many points this comes up to but the close combat potential is terrifying. Which made this codex somewhat a wet dream of mine. cool.png I might even add Vanguards for some extra spice, but I'm really not sure on them.

Snorri

I don't think you can have both the relic jump pack and relic sword - just one relic per army, methinks?

So, the symbol is mostly consolation prize to you sucking? ....okay then.

I thought it was to do with rolling 1's for Red Thirst - or is that not a thing in the new codex?

You see, that would make a lot of sense, but nope. You don't roll for Red Thirst anymore. It's the +1 Initiative bonus for the BA detachment and the company formation.

Huh. That's just weird then.

Snorri

I don't think you can have both the relic jump pack and relic sword - just one relic per army, methinks?

So, the symbol is mostly consolation prize to you sucking? ....okay then.

Actually, it's one of each per army - it just states that you can't get any of them twice for different characters. Also, while it says that you're allowed to replace a weapon for one of the options in the list, the JP isn't a weapon that's being replaced. Neither is the Veritas Vitae, nor the deathmask. msn-wink.gif

Army-wide FC? Yes please! laugh.png

What was the word again............

ah, yes. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Snorri

For the 3rd time now, putting a unit with the Scout special rule in a vehicle that is not a Dedicated Transport does not confer Scout to that vehicle.

Also, you can take as many relics as you can fit by swapping weapons etc, but they are unique so only one of each per army.

I'm stuck waiting until next weekend before I can pick anything up.  The good news is the BA Termies should have dropped by then.  I just hope there are some data cards left when i get to the FLGS...

Got the Tacticals in my hands now and while they are spectacular in a lot of respects there are two things that stand out to me as being bad things:
1. Continued inability to connect back packs to sprue sensibly. There are small blood drop gems/decorations all over these things and a lot of the time the edge of these small adornments is one of the sprue connection points wacko.png The utmost care is going to be required to extract them without ruining these parts.
2. The Heavy bolter and heavy flamer share ONE back pack bit so you can only make one of the two options (if you care about having the heavy bolter pack with the extra ammo attached.

Otherwise it's a great kit and I do like very much that the Heavy Flamer doesn't have a fuel line connecting it to the back pack, should make it much easier to pose than the Sternguard one.

Only had time for a quick flick through the codex so far, it looks gorgeous. Not sure it was £30 gorgeous, but still very pretty indeed.

For the 3rd time now, putting a unit with the Scout special rule in a vehicle that is not a Dedicated Transport does not confer Scout to that vehicle.

In my book, it does. pg. 168 of the mini-rb from deathstorm:

If a unit with the Scout USR is placed in a transport vehicle, the Scout rule confers to the vehicle.

This is freely quoted, mind you, but I think I got the point across. The rule that only confers to dedicated transports is infiltrate.

Snorri

Edit: The unit even get's the option of staying in reserves and to come in over the side!

If a unit with the Scout USR is placed in a transport vehicle, the Scout rule confers to the vehicle.

This is freely quoted, mind you, but I think I got the point across. The rule that only confers to dedicated transports is infiltrate.

Snorri

Edit: The unit even get's the option of staying in reserves and to come in over the side!

mine says "if a unit with this special rule is deployed inside a dedicated transport, it confers the scout special rule to the transport" on page 171 of the deathstorm codex

Snorri

mine says "if a unit with this special rule is deployed inside a dedicated transport, it confers the scout special rule to the transport" on page 171 of the deathstorm codex

Mine is a German version, mind you. This is interesting, however! Because the word "dedicated" is missing....

Snorri

Archived