The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Okay so the terminator heads are added to the torsos. Not too happy about that myself. But otherwise Im loving them, they have just enough bling that they can be added to a DIY chapter and not look too much like BA (chaging the pauldron of course).

Termies are resculpts of the Space Hulk ones, thats why they come like that

Lazy of GW. And disappointing for converters

Are you sure? They look a bit different to me. Inspired by SH certainly but I'm not sure about "resculpts".

I also really like the Libby. The metal-then-resin Libby in Termie armour is one of my all time favourites so to get a similar model in plastic is great.

First list with new dex:

2000 points

Dante

Corbulo

Astorath

10 D Co with 1 power sword and power fist

5 SG with banner

D Co Dread with talons

5 scouts 4 snipers 1 missile launcher

10 Tac 1 plasgun 1 plascannon

5 Devs with 4 Las

5 Devs with 4 Las

Stormtalon

9 assault squad with 2 melts sgt with power sword and free pod.

Date and SG deep strike, D Co Astorath and D Co Dread come in Stormtalon, hovering to avoid crash and burn, Corbs and assault squad in pod. Small list, but should hit like a ton of bricks or suck at life, lol.

Quick one: With Exterminatus, what is limited edition about it? When the paper back comes out will it still have everything? Or is it worth picking up now?

EDIT: Also, that Librarian is much nicer than I thought originally with the new online store pics! Deffo be picking one up eventually to put a beak onto :D

got my codex. After a quick read through, our slots seem kinda crowded.

I'm going to have to get my head wrapped around the idea of multiple detachments (haven't played a game of 7th ed yet)

I've been doing just that these last few days (with the help of the honourable brothers in this very thread). It's really very simple and logical when you get your head around it, but I think there are solid lists you can make with a single detachment.

got my codex. After a quick read through, our slots seem kinda crowded.

I'm going to have to get my head wrapped around the idea of multiple detachments (haven't played a game of 7th ed yet)

I've been doing just that these last few days (with the help of the honourable brothers in this very thread). It's really very simple and logical when you get your head around it, but I think there are solid lists you can make with a single detachment.

yeah, no doubt. But for my first few lists with the new codex, I want to rebuild some of my lists from the previous dex. Just try them out and see where the power shift is.

Why an imminent supplement? This book IS the supplement, it's three BA ánd a Necron-supplement in one.

The 64-page rulebook includes:
- 8 new missions based on the events of the narrative book.
- 18 new datasheets for the Blood Angels 1st and 2nd Companies, Flesh Tearers, and the Necrons of the Mephrit Dynasty. That’s the equivalent of four Codex Supplements in one book!
- new warlord traits, relics and force organisation charts for all four armies

The problem with PA hordes, although they could be a struggle for many, was their lack of mobility. I say was, because BA jump packs efficiently cover that problem now. Top that off with 2+ and / or FNP and you're all good. It just requires a more patient approach I suppose.

The other thing to remember is that even an army mainly with jump packs can (and probably should) still include some pod squads for alpha strikes. Whilst AP2 has certainly increased over the course of 6th edition, it usually tends to be focussed on a small number of units (except perhaps Eldar).

This means that if you can use your alpha strike units to target your opponent's Wraithknights, Centurions, Vindicators etc early on, it will greatly increase the survivability of our SG and DC as they close to striking distance.

The irony is that the best antidote to AP2 units is some of our own and I can see grav bike squads or allied Centurions riding in our FA drop pods as being critical to taking out key threats early on.

I can see grav bike squads or allied Centurions riding in our FA drop pods as being critical to taking out key threats early on.

Bike squads and Centurions in drop pods? o_O

You were ninja'd previous page dude!

Finished reading through 94 pages of adrenaline pumping updates. I really like the return of 5th Ed style Furious Charge, which is enhanced by the priests' WS bonus - thats actually better than what we had! I'm a little bummed to lose the bubble of FNP. Like others have mentioned, we don't have a lot of efficient delivery mechanisms - bubble FNP was a nice survivability bump that seems like a good trade-off for reliable delivery. Priests being full HQ choices now limits overall FNP coverage (and I had like 5 custom priests done up furious.gif ).

I'll also echo others that have concerns about dreads in a BA list. It seems like GW is determined to make these awesome models extremely limited in practical utility and application. Dreads seem like they would really benefit from having Rampage and Moves Through Cover built in to the unit type. They really suffer from lack of attacks, mobility issues that don't have synergy with speed and pace the BA want to have, I don't know.

Overall though i'd say the changes definitely leave us better off, and it's nice to see the resurgence of this proud chapter! I'm planning to do a Ward's Last Hurrah list this weekend with my buddy using all the crazy over the top units one more time before they go away forever - one last change from deep strike from my VAS, one last Corbs tanking wounds on a crazy 2+ FNP, one last change for my lovely Reclusiarch!

35£ for 5 Terminators is nuts. And I bet if you play a successor chapter you'll have to file off a lot of the nice ornaments because a terminator of a successor chapter would not have the chapter symbol of the parent chapter on his armour.

Archived