Brother DimDim's Workshop

DimDim

Music for mood setting, excuse the AOT:

Death.

Death is my certainty brother. It is where I place my faith.

Death and our gene father.

~Veteran Sergeant Selucia

"Honored are the noble fallen!"

"Strong of determination, true astartes of the seventh were they!"

These are the words echoed by the incompetent. My brothers mean well by their words, but they lack an understanding of what those legionaries were.

Honored they should have been far before their deaths in battle. Our gene father knew that, I knew that. Why couldn't they? No astartes but they had the courage to take the black, a black not of the cloth of the Templar's, but of dread and resolve far deeper. To envelope oneself in the pure unending black of midnight by choice is a oath to one's legion and loyalty above all. Squad Selucia served beneath my banner for as long as the traitors revealed their colours. They never asked for promotion, for veneration of their deeds. All that was required by those five was an allotted time in order to renew their oaths after an engagement. To speak the words, and kneel before the statue of our primarch and the emperor himself. Never have I rested so long on the loss of our warriors. Not since The Unheard War.

-Clip 17 of Rembrancer Astocrates recordings with High Commander Strategos Dimitrios.

Tactical Destroyer team Selucia: Pict capture siege of Terra

med_gallery_82040_10175_5284.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_47086.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_36257.jpg

Pict Captures taken before the tactical withdrawal behind the walls of the imperial palace by task force Hellas, upon which all of tactical destroyer team Selucia would meet the emperors grace.

Upon viewing the status of the groups speed, Sergeant Selucia deemed that the rear elements of the column would be caught by the pursuing World Eaters. Knowing the rear guard would not sustain the assault due to its composition primarily of the remnants of an imperial army group, the destroyer team chose to stay behind in order to stem the tide of the encroaching traitors. When the tactical marking of the team was viewed closing distance with traitor forces upon the tactical display of the Strategos, the high commander clambered atop a sicaran to gain view of the team. Thirty seconds after the issue of a direct order to withdraw with the group, Sergeant Selucia responded with one last vox broadcast before sight of the team was lost in the wave of World Eaters. "Ave Strategos, we who are about to die salute you." The detonation of three phosphex charges consecutively could be viewed 47.8 seconds later.

The sacrifice of Team Selucia ensured the savior of the rear groups status and saved the lives of numerous imperial loyalists.

Glory to the Honored Dead.

Comments and Criticisms welcomed

DimDim

This is great!!! I love the Stoicism and the honor that you give them within the 7th legion. Most of the time the destroyers seem to be the miscreants which is a shame. That paint scheme is amazing, love the black that's nice and worn.

I...ran out of likes... :sad.:

Really like the black scheme but its missing something...I cant put my finger on it :biggrin.:

Would that certain something be MOAR YELLOW? For better or worse I know you Slips :tongue.:

Destroyers in the VII are like a blank canvas and you've done a really solid job at forging your own narrative within that construct. Consider me a fan, brother. :thumbsup:

Amazing stuff brother!

It's not often that you see detroyers from the VII, a pity really.

Yours are looking as though they've been beaten but not broken, ace painting there :thumbsup:

This is great!!! I love the Stoicism and the honor that you give them within the 7th legion. Most of the time the destroyers seem to be the miscreants which is a shame. That paint scheme is amazing, love the black that's nice and worn.

Thank you all for the kind comments peeps and the crit Pearson, I was thinking of using the oxide but ive never really been into that stuff. In terms of chemical burns im thinking of using some vallejo effects mixed together in a yellowy potion that might work well (rust, and oil effects among others)

In an attempt to keep the ball rolling I bring you this short preview.....

Listen while reading for full effect

He chewed his lip. An old habit from his time as a whelp on Inuit, and one the indoctrination never shook from him.

The position was empty, but Astor knew when he had a feeling it was more than that. it was a truth.

As the rain began to fall Astor checked his wargear, four magazines, one blind and two frag grenades. More than he needed.

Astor had been hunting the Son for nearly three standard terran days now, and this was the closest he had been.

He knew that was the snipers hide, It had to be. His gut told him.

Then suddenly and as fast as it appeared, the glint of something from the hide disappeared.

"I knew it."

Focusing his optic Astor checked his range and the windage..... 2,545 meters.

Settling into his position Astor racked the bolt carriage on his boltgun.

Nothing was to be heard but the thunder and the rain pattering upon his wargear.

Astor closed the pressure on the trigger.

All the while he chewed his lip.

med_gallery_82040_10175_58485.jpg

Best regards,

DimDim

So as everyone probably knows, Alexis Polux just got his own FW official fig at the weekender. While most people rejoiced at the excellent sculpt, I toiled in gloom and threw a hissyfit in the corner under a bridge. While figure is awesome, I just dont think that the sculpter really read into the background of Polux. While Sigismund is the knight paladin in shining armour, Polux is the no non-sense straight to the point commander, a practicalist, and most importantly a realist. He does not have the aspirations to be a hero, he just is one. While the idea of honor is admirable, he is more concerned with his objectives and his men. In my mind this will always be Polux(the marine punching the iron warrior):

med_gallery_82040_10175_675745.jpg

No over embellishment, just badass.

Here is my attempt to use a body from the mk3 command set that I did not have a use for and convert my own Polux:

med_gallery_82040_10175_1607.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_13673.jpg

In reality he should have mk2 pads, but I ran out:wacko.:

Opinions?

DimDim

As a representation of the figure on the Book Cover, Pretty spot on.

How do you plan on tackling the Combi-Melta?

Thanks! I was thinking of modding it onto the fist like the "official" fig, but im thinking something with the shield might be a little more original.

Maybe some spacer under his feet and build up his base a lil to make him taller than the regular marines around him

His base will be large compared to the other breachers who he will be joining, but if you look at the chest area you can see that ive given him some extra height via greenstuff.

Looking good. Did the GS take long to do?

Dallo

Kind of. Ive painted alot of fists via freehand before, so i know how the different parts of the fist are supposed to turn out in the end, it just took alot of trial and error with the greenstuff :)

As a representation of the figure on the Book Cover, Pretty spot on.

How do you plan on tackling the Combi-Melta?

Thanks! I was thinking of modding it onto the fist like the "official" fig, but im thinking something with the shield might be a little more original.

*snip*

I HAD THE SAME IDEA TOO! Put it along the top/middle of the shield on the inside. Or have the bolter component at the top and melta lower down. Something like that, if it was clear..

Since building "Polux" ive really felt the hate I have towards that other mk3 body, and since have cut up my previous praetor for a new body. Why destroy my praetor? While I love this body I just never felt it truely represents what my character is about (no robes, robes are awesome) so ive decided to redo the figure with the body of the champion/captain of the fist command set. Might be march when I finally make that order, but when I do expect kit bashed Templar brethren to come along aswell.

Polux MK2 (sans extra height mods and new base):

med_gallery_82040_10175_22332.jpg

Thoughts?

DimDim

Archived