Brother DimDim's Workshop

DimDim

• 4 weeks later...

@Robocaster,

Yes sir that is free hand! Im a little upset I only noticed It was low after I finished but Oh well, thank you for the compliment none the less!

Now for more models:

gallery_82040_10175_10488.jpg

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep.

I fear only an army of sheep led by a lion."

med_gallery_82040_10175_78450.jpg

Seen within this pict-capture are Templar brothers Henreich, Geralt, and Johan during a counter assault into world eater lines by the besieged defenders of task force Hellas.

The Templar's can be seen keeping close distance to each other in order to deal the most amount of damage to a single point in the Eaters lines in order to force a breakthrough, as the Templar's could usually be found in the direct center of the fight acting as a vanguard in order to inspire fear in the traitors and courage in the loyalists.

Whenever the van would reach a target of high priority, usually a command figure or champion of some sort, the Templar's closely knit wall would part in order for either Brother Knight Rickard or the Strategos himself to meet the champion in single combat.

Ive also done some work on sigismund and started up my first contemptor:

med_gallery_82040_10175_18432.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_25652.jpg

And I was going to have some photos of a predator I did up for my buds Word Bearers over the last two weeks but the darn can of army painter matte coat went and frosted on me.

This picture pretty much sums up my feelings on the fact that I have to strip and restart the damn thing with the scripture and daemonic carvings freehand and all:

gallery_82040_10175_13331.jpg

DimDim OUT!

• 4 weeks later...

A small update, but one thats comes with word of a larger one inbound (due to the fact that I finished my etl vow and it simply awaits fluff :biggrin.:)

Did some changes to the pose of my terminator sergeant/cataphract praetor for what I think is the better:

Original:

med_gallery_82040_10175_33265.jpg

New:

med_gallery_82040_10175_4220.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_21607.jpg

My thoughts being that I was going to use the mace as a "counts as" thunder hammer anyways, and I can do the same thing with a two handed power sword with the added bonus of it being my paragon blade should I run my praetor with Terminator plate. I also prefer the pose which is very reminiscent of my Sigismund, the striding knight look. Feels less artificial in my opinion.

C&C?

DimDim

Been neglecting visiting this thread for far too long. The stunning Templar brethren conversions alone you've made makes it clear what a mistake that was. They address the issue i've pretty much had with them as models, and now I'm seriously having to consider if I want try similiar conversions

Can't wait to see you add some paint to these

Looking good DimDim. I was just thinking about this plog yesterday. Glad to see that you're still going strong. I'm liking the pose. There's something about having a bare hand which more often than not, will make a model look much more interesting and realistic.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo.

Any chance you could do a write-up (pictures optional but very much appreciated) on how you paint your Imperial Fists? They look terrific! :smile.:

They arent anything special. Certainly not the levels of amazing someone like Lorenzen can achieve, but I would be happy to help a battle brother out! :biggrin.:

(Ill try and get it up with the next update)

Been neglecting visiting this thread for far too long. The stunning Templar brethren conversions alone you've made makes it clear what a mistake that was. They address the issue i've pretty much had with them as models, and now I'm seriously having to consider if I want try similiar conversions

Can't wait to see you add some paint to these

And so you shall see paint! Just got my airbrush order in, so mass painting the yellow wont be to hard in a bit. And yeah I was of the same opinion on the brethren, they seemed lacking in comparison to the other forge world specific kits, for me it was definitely the heads. Anywho welcome back to the plog, I hope I dont shame you lol!

Looking good DimDim. I was just thinking about this plog yesterday. Glad to see that you're still going strong. I'm liking the pose. There's something about having a bare hand which more often than not, will make a model look much more interesting and realistic.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo.

Am I that sexy....... 

:rolleyes:  All joking aside im glad to see you have yet to disappear into the warp! I was getting a little worried I must say. Thank you for the words, and oh! (Watch for imperial fist dallo to get a paint update)

DimDim

:blush:

Yeah, I really haven't been feeling the hobby mojo recently, so haven't really done much of anything. I still intend to get my single model vow finished, to the best of my ability. Fingers crossed. I'm looking forwards to seeing paint on Dallo. It's a great feeling when someone takes the time and effort to make a miniature for you. Thanks again.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

• 4 months later...

After a long hiatus Tis I!

Had a bit of a move for the first time ever and i have to say, if ive learned anything, its dont move :biggrin.:

Haven't painted since school picking up and the move, and just started by finishing up this chap (Figured I'd start doing fluff again as well) :

What day was it?

​Gregor supposed it didn't matter anymore.

In the last 30 hours basilica Justinian had received a constant vox message detailing the fists final chance at surrender.

It amused Gregor that the seventeenth still knew what surrender was, and that after all they had done

the Warmasters gifts could entice the Astartes from the gate.

Knights do not bend the knee to monsters.

Over the distant slope a chant could be heard.

The sharp rhythm made the hairs on Gregors neck stand, remembering the madness that

had ensued the last time the Word Bearers marched to war uttering that infernal cry.

Cutting his external vox he signaled to his brothers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first of the abominations came into Gregors sight.

As the heavy adamantium gates closed behind him Gregor looked to his brothers.

Engaged by five to one, the fists charged on and went to steel.

The battle cry of Gregor leading them in precise fury,

"We die before we kneel!"

med_gallery_82040_10175_6043.jpg

No markings on him yet. Hopefully it that will be soon to change,

DimDim

• 1 month later...

med_gallery_82040_10175_10950.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_22650.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_57489.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_14436.jpg

IMPERIAL FIST CONTEMPTOR DREADNOUGHT

Stoicas Ira

Taskforce Hellas

Defence of Terra

Little is known of the warrior referred to within seventh legion records as "Stoicas Ira", save for his origin and the details of his death in the defense of Terra. According to early and uncorrupted data Stoicas was a warrior recruited from a world whose technological state was somewhere close to the state of Terra's in the period of human history known as the dark ages. Distinguished as a savage fighter in the wars that waged across his home worlds surface, he was recommended by his superiors as a stalwart and loyal knight, but brutal to his foes. The period between his recruitment and his death is lost, though we do know he was valued enough to be granted internment, and he served most of his time under Rann's command even into undeath.

Volunteered by the Senechal to assist in the Defensive task force Hellas, Stoicas is noted by command for his resolute spirit and refusal to back down. Stoicas was finally felled at the hand of a Sons of Horus Havoc unit, their lascannons cutting through his armoured plate. He died in silence.

Not very happy with the results of my wash as I didn't thin it properly and only noticed after I had applied it, and the heat wash is garbage, but im very happy with my first attempt at freehand since my move and hes at least table top ready.

More to come,

DimDim

The key to good freehand symbols is creating a skeleton before fleshing it out. Using a reference also helps. In any case, for a first attempt at freehand painting, that's pretty damn good. :tu:

Great to see you posting again DimDim. I like the dread, but I feel that it's not quite finished yet. The black around the chest area draws the eye to the head, but the head lacks definition due to the black on black. Perhaps add some starker highlights, or just paint the eyes a bright colour? Up to you.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Already posted this in the Hobby challenge, but none the less ive made a pact with myself to try and post more so here is a little wip on what im currently working on:

med_gallery_82040_10175_19527.jpg

@Dallo: I took your advice to heart on this chaps (winkwink) helm. Hope the eyes are more distinguishable.

Sorry for the terrible pic, shabby lighting in my new room until I get it replaced.

DimDim

Trying to keep up with the once a week posting to keep my hobby going, figured I would put out a teaser for a mini project to come since the chaplains done but i dont have time to post fluff yet. Soon!

Little mood music:

The hunt has begun.

A long night awaits us.

med_gallery_82040_10175_117989.jpg

More on these tomorrow, this is more of a reminder so I dont forget,

DimDim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENb3lLSQho

"Retrieve the data serf. I want it on my visual feed now."

"Ay... Aye sire. As you command."

The naval serf quickly went for his input, clearly struggling in his duties under the glare of the astarte he began rolling through layer upon layer of security fields within the ships onboard codex before finally resting on a page displaying information accumulated on Warmaster loyal ships that had gone dark. The serf quickly glanced over his shoulder.

"Feeding the link now Captain. You should receive response in 3...2...1... Now."

+++

+ Vox file H/43+

Loading……. Provide identification code….

Code: **************........

Authorization accepted….

A speaker, clearly post human, begins the recording,
"Hail the frigate now. I want connection with the Morning Star, and I want it yesterday."
"Aye Consul."
"Sir... the morning star, it wont receive."
*A different crew member interjects,
"Its engines are dead as well. There are vitals on the ship visible via scan, but the frigate's life support systems are down along with its shields and weapons. Its just drifting."
"What in the..."
"Sir! Its hailing us!"
"Patch them to bridge."
The sound of rolling static overtakes the Sons of Horus frigates bridge, sharp and heavy.
"Morning star this is the Frigate Dominator of the sixteenth legion. If you can read me, I am Consul Drakon of the Sons of Horus. Why have you not responded to the calls of the Warmaster? What has happened Morning star?"
*A raspy voice comes over the vox low and steady.
We are the end.
We are the past and the present.
We are no one, yet we are many.
The hunt has come for you, and though we would recommend you pray to your infernal gods, they shant here you over your screams.
The static returns.
"Consul... the Morning stars shields are powering up, support systems are back on, and weapons are.... Priming?"
*A panicked voice shouts over the clatter in the room,
"One, two, no four new contacts! Astartes ships breaking realspace just behind the Morning Star!"

+ Vox file H/43+

End….

Terminating link….

+++

med_gallery_82040_10175_40985.jpg
med_gallery_82040_10175_18937.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_1779.jpg
Welcome to the latest side project! In order to keep me sane while painting yellow ive decided to paint up another small force, a hunting pack of the wolves of Fenris. May even include some of the shattered legionnaires of the Morning star and its rescued crew along with them, only time will tell.
DimDim

Archived