Brother DimDim's Workshop

DimDim

Wip(washes on bolter still drying, missing highlights save for the black):

EDIT: ALSO POST 100! What a better way to celebrate than actual yellow? :biggrin.:

gallery_82040_10175_13430.jpg

Opinions?

DimDim

Looking good DimDim. Liking the freehand. Was it hard? Does it have any fluff behind it, or does it just look cool?

Dallo

The freehand wasnt to bad, and im thinking to use it as either a taskforce/squad/honor marking. Im leaning towards honor, as I really like the look, but am afraid it will detract to much attention if an entire tac squad is done up with them.

Alright, another update for yall!

Ive begun working on a WIP Master of signals/delegatus/vox man for my templars. More chains and tabbards to come.

med_gallery_82040_10175_16166.jpg

@dallo, My only tip would be to make sure you have grade A paints. You could always mask off areas, but im way to lazy for that lol. You need a white that is rich enough in pigment so that if you mess up your black of the checkers, you can actually just go directly back over the black in one or at most two layers with the same result as before. i recommend Vallejo for that.

Comments?

DimDim

That GS sheath is a really cool, unique idea. Is the winged skull from the front of a rhino? Looks vaguely familiar. I like the pose a lot. He looks tech-y and functional, but still every inch an Imperial Fist. Guessing the little wrist computer is 3rd party? I'd be wary of overdoing the chains. He looks great already.

Any word on when you'll get some paint on Dallo? I've seen me as one of JackDaw's Blood Angels, but I'm eager to see how I look in the colours of the VIIth. B)

Glad to see you're still keeping up the momentum on this thread.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

That MoS has some serious potential, really nice mix of parts, but I'm not sure on that pose. Drawing a sword while playing with a glorified watch looks hard. :tongue.:

Its not a glorified watch, ITS A GAUNTLET PANEL DAMNIT! :laugh.:

he isnt actually playing with his ipad, he is giving a salute of honor or challenge by placing a closed fist upon his chest.

That GS sheath is a really cool, unique idea. Is the winged skull from the front of a rhino? Looks vaguely familiar. I like the pose a lot. He looks tech-y and functional, but still every inch an Imperial Fist. Guessing the little wrist computer is 3rd party? I'd be wary of overdoing the chains. He looks great already.

Any word on when you'll get some paint on Dallo? I've seen me as one of JackDaw's Blood Angels, but I'm eager to see how I look in the colours of the VIIth. :cool.:

Glad to see you're still keeping up the momentum on this thread.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

No paint on anybody until I get me some white primer, but im itching to get that command team done, and now that im confident in my yellow they are high on the list!

The scabbard is actually a chopped up chainsword from the vanguard vet pack.

DimDim

White Primer? HAH! Apart from the ~15 Tartaros Terminators I did using Lamenters Yellow, I prime black :P

Like the overall pose, tbh, Its a nice Transition of him going from "You guys, Shoot here!" to "You who are about to die, I salute you!"

That last painted Imperial Fist looks absolutely rad. I love the inclusion of black/dark metal trim to break up the yellow and the checkers.

Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier, to be honest. I'll definitely be checking this out more often from now on :)

• 2 weeks later...

Little bit of an update as filler until my forge world order arrives, here is a little bit of a WIP to honor to my favorite dishonorable legion

(more like a pile of parts while I wait for the rest via bits orders) and a chaplain/possible apothecary:

med_gallery_82040_10175_26408.jpg

You're right little one, the night is dark and full of terrors.

I am one.

"By the unwritten laws of the streets I lived upon beneath this oh so holy Terra,

this blade is yours Strategos. Use it as you please."

C&C?

DimDim

The Fist you painted earlier this month looks great! Gritty and looking to throw down.

The "pile of parts" looks like a good start on a true hero :) I also like the quote...started to make me rock back and forth waiting for GoT.

Are we looking at Sevatar, or just a generic night Lord? I like the use of kroot flaying blades.

I look forward to seeing.where you go with this.

Dallo

While I hate the model of polux, forgeworld has done an absolute grade A job on the official Sevetar model. If I ever do own a sevetar it will definately be him. This guy is going to be a little bit of a situational loyalist.

Plug the breach!

Howdy doodly people! thought id post an update on one of my built units, my breachers!

While breachers arent the most effective unit in the game, they look cool, are fluffy and thats how me and my army roles. Without further a due,

Breacher team Rakheart:

med_gallery_82040_10175_78354.jpg

For some reason the look of a phalanx makes me drool all over due to epicness (it may be because im a spartan now that I think about it lol)

I added the rover as a sort of eod bot (counts as breacher), as in the fluff for this taskforce the breachers are being used to reinforce and plug immediate threat areas and breaches, as well as acting as eod/tank destroyers (melta) so who better to go first than a little eod bot! Im sure it would be useful in ship and ZM combat aswell for checking corners.

Some highlights of the team:

med_gallery_82040_10175_24873.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_15232.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_40284.jpg

And A preview for next week....

gallery_82040_10175_10488.jpg

Rickard stood tall, proud to be the knight he was. Looking to his right he picked up the signatures of one hundred astartes of his golden plated Imperial Fists. Lined up in parade formation having just disembarked their thunderhawk transports, the astartes seemed like statues lined to face the rain that pounded against them. Then there was the lieutenant. Un helmed stood Hammon, a large man drawn from Raans assault division as a leader for the young batch of astarte reinforcements and was as pompous as he was grand. Thinking himself above his fellow brothers despite his only recent and low repositioning as a line officer.

“When those traitor scum finally show their faces, I'll show you how a true champion fights!”

Definately not Terran, Rickard thought to himself before the sight of a figure dressed in the robes of an initiate approached from the corner of his eye. Rickard smiled.

The figure called to the lieutenant in a deep voice,

“Are you the commanding officer of this group astarte?”

Hammon spun on his heel,

“Why yes I am initiate! But I would prefer one as low as you to call me as sir, I do command far more than you probably ever will.”

The figure laughed.

Pulling back his hood, the “initiate” rose face to face with the line officer.

Rickard’s grin grew ever wider as he bellowed,

“Commander on deck!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Quite a show you put on back there Strategos, still the same as when you fought with us!”

Joked Rickard. “Someone has to put the youngblood back in order Rickard, It just happens to always be me.” laughed the commander.

“Do you miss fighting with the templars brother?”

”He must” Added Knight Alucard “He hasn’t even changed out of his robes!”

“So you are what my mentor has sent me? Maybe terra is doomed if Sigismund can only spare you rookie lot.” The Strategos stated with a smile.

“Funny Dimitrios, If we are rookies these men have yet to receive their implantations.”

Rickard waved to the large gathering of the Taskforce before them, primarily composed of veterans of terra preparing their equipment for the coming battle.

The strategos laughed full-heartedly and dismounted the platform to do his rounds, saluting the templars before leaving.

“He still jokes like when he was with us, at least the command hasn't taken that from him.”

pointed out Alucard.

“He must joke. It makes him seem strong in times like these. Its for his men. Its for us.”

*EDIT* It felt wrong without ambiance sound:

C&C?

DimDim

The chainglaive wielding fella looks off to a great start!

I also like the breachers! The leader is a marine I immediately liked due to the pose and the bits used, especially the helmet.

Archived