Brother DimDim's Workshop

DimDim

First wolf done!

med_gallery_82040_10175_24296.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_18727.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_4424.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_3878.jpg

Pretty happy with him save for the base which came out a bit wonky but oh well. Next time I need to angle the wolf head down a little more as well.

C&C?

DimDim

Cracking Space Wolf mate, what did you use for the grey?

The grey is Mech standard grey, glazed on the highest points with dawnstone (very watered down). Then I wash with a three to one mix of nuln oil and lamian medium, and return after to pinwash the models deepest crevasses with straight nuln oil. The edges are highlighted with dawnstone afterwards. Hope this helps!

Do I spy a "borrowed" Blood Angels sword? Controversial. :tongue.:

Dallo

The idea for the force is that it is a forward element sent out by Russ in order to hit the enemies of mankind and weaken them before a main imperial fleet arrives, keeping the foes occupied until then. As such by the time of the heresy they are all veterans, and under equipped. The idea for the sword is that it was a gift from the angels as a show of respect, but with the enemies the hunting fleet faces now, why leave a perfectly good power sword sitting on a wall in a battle barges great hall?

Now onto the next finished marine!

med_gallery_82040_10175_8059.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_14573.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_4797.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_4558.jpg

Space Wolves Veteran Legionary

Pack Member Bran

Assault of Anjar

A fenrisian born and raised, Bran joined the Wolves forces after the arrival of the Emperor upon Fenris.

Renown for his quick wit and jolly demeanor, Bran served numerous years as an ambassador alongside the wolves fellow legions

learning their ways of war and forging bonds he thought everlasting. Having returned to his legion Bran volunteered for the Hunting fleet personally,

hoping to add more glories to his saga as a warrior of the vanguard.

Learning of the betrayals at Isstvan III and V it is said Bran laughs no more, choosing to blacken his helm as a sign for the sorrow he holds

for his slaughtered kin.

Regards,

DimDim

Been enjoying your entire thread here as I'm catching up with things.  The wolves are coming along nicely.  I'm curious to see what FW does with the wolves when they finally release some heresy era models.  In the meantime I think you have captured the spirit here nicely and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Been enjoying your entire thread here as I'm catching up with things. The wolves are coming along nicely. I'm curious to see what FW does with the wolves when they finally release some heresy era models. In the meantime I think you have captured the spirit here nicely and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

And more you shall!

My Vet sergeant:

med_gallery_82040_10175_13881.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_14877.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_12700.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_11677.jpg

Space Wolves Veteran Legionary

Hunt Master Alek

Assault of Anjar

A veteran of the hunt for numerous years, Hunt Master Alek was highly regarded for his quick thinking in decisive moments and for the absolute

brutality with which he executed the foes of his father and the Emperor.

Early records state Alek was involved in the purging of forces deemed excommunicated by Terra itself, perhaps

hinting at the old wolfs participation in the culling of their previously fallen kin in a time far before the darkness of the Horus heresy.

A prime example of the state of equipment the wolves had to hand, Alek is pictured in a mish mash of armour patterns.

Most prevalent are the replacement Mk.IV pieces that the hunting fleet liberated from the traitor mechanicum vessel

"The Ashen" supplementing the veterans presumed damaged Mk.III plate. His fate is unknown.

*EDIT

Ive been thinking about giving him a second claw. Opinions?

med_gallery_82040_10175_1367.jpg

Im having great fun painting these wolves up, and to be quite frankly honest the ease at which I can pump them out makes them even more appealing. Expect more in the future!

DimDim

Thanks for the opinions lads, im in the process of attempting a magnetization :biggrin.:

Now back to what this thread was originally all about:

med_gallery_82040_10175_27164.jpg

Ive finished the last few knights for my Templar unit, rounding them out to ten. I figured I would get as much Fist stuff done as possible and put up here before itake a deeper dive with the Wolves hunting fleet.

Some of my personal favorites, all dressed to impress in their void hardened mkIV minus the sarge. Guess you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

med_gallery_82040_10175_6493.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_20681.jpg

And my overall favorite:

med_gallery_82040_10175_16670.jpg

Finally heres a piece I posted about a while back but never uploaded a finished model for: My kind of loyalist night lord and his literal "red gauntlets"

med_gallery_82040_10175_21653.jpg

I think im going to head back to this guy and highlight his skull.

Cheers

DimDim

Just a little throwback on my part- where do those two power fist-lightning claws come from? I can't place the right one?

Right hand is the Solarite Power Gauntlet from the Templar Brethren kit with the Lightning Claw Addon from the Special Weapons Upgrade kit with the Left fist being from the same source as the claws.

Good call slips, even though I know the fact that that fist being a solarite power gauntlet makes your skin crawl :D

Little update, showing off a unit I complete a loooooong time ago but never showed off for some reason. Heres my recon squad done up in the pre primarch scheme for the fists. Id like to think my painting has improved since then:

med_gallery_82040_10175_52996.jpg

Also im supposed to be saving these for the hobby challenge next month but I got a little antsy and built a wolf ive been thinking of doing for a long while.

med_gallery_82040_10175_30960.jpg

DimDim

• 4 weeks later...

Sooooooo, been almost a month and no updates here, thats due to my inability to keep focused resulting in this log:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320164-legends-of-the-hunt-a-vith-legion-log-loads-of-pics/

So, if you like my wolves or Horus Heresy wolves in general, have a stop by. I usually dont bite :wink:

I figured the wolves were becoming an army of their own, and the fists deserved their thread back.

Dont worry though, as I bring WIPS. (seems I like building more than getting stuff finished..)

med_gallery_82040_10175_34020.jpg

"A slaves life is all you understand.

You know nothing of freedom traitor."

Strategos on deck!

I've built my personal avatar more than once, and ive always found him lack luster. So far im really happy with this guy, although he is still very early on.

Still not sure on the whole gripping the helm thing, and if I do go for it it may be with a custom built arm cradle or at the least a helmet swap on this arm.

Dont have a blade suitable enough for him though, and in wondering if I should have him gripping the hilt of his sword while it is still in his scabbard.

The head will probably see a change unless I sculpt some facial hair on him. But small progress is progress none the less.

If anyone has a sword recommendation (i would rather it not be too ridiculous, and preferably capable of being swung two handed), you would be most appreciated.

Comments and suggestions please,

DimDim

Looking good DimDim. Speaking of personal avatars, have you managed to get any paint on Dallo yet? I bet I look good in yellow.

Dallo

I have actually! Ill see if I can get a group shot of my painted marines and a close up on you lol.

Still tweaking the pose and I think I prefer this version with the helm, if just to avoid the sculpting of facial hair.

med_gallery_82040_10175_26280.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_2273.jpg

Still unhappy with the sword though.

DimDim

Archived