Drop Assault out

Kilofix

I'm only level 10, so typically my force consists of 2 squads of 2 Terminators, and a 6-man Tactical Squad.  Every time I try Support instead, they get wiped out - but the Tactical live longer.

If Support is better, what am I doing wrong?

My usual battle groups are

2 dreadnaughts, 5 terminators, 4 terminators

6 support, 6 support

4 bikers

The first two battle groups go one way to destroy supply crates and cause the top control point

The bikers go for the bottom control point.

If my opponent ignores them then I beacon them to the remaining bottom supply, net gain, then emp the enemy into the ground and bloodlust

My relics give me

+38% Dreadnaught health

+27% troop health*

+20% bloodlust damage bonus

+17% troop damage*

+23% starting energy

+41% tech shard chance

+19% troop speed (plus EC bonus)

+19% whirlwind damage

+20% las cannon damage (not used as I am running 3 beakers and two whirlwinds)

*i have no idea if troop means tactical squads, infantry or any squads.

Can anyone speculate as to why I'm not accruing Machine Spirit today?  I've fought a number of battles and taken several locations, some AI and others player bases (no PvP though).  Still, my Machine Spirit counter says 0.  I had some before and used it for an upgrade.  Why wouldn't I be getting the Machine Spirit awards I'm being shown at the end of each battle?

Cute Angron (and the adorable cartoon art style in general) in the promotional material and preview videos was 1/2 of the reason I had been waiting to see this game in action :biggrin.:

It kind of reminds me of the Chibi primarchs that are sold by Legendarion:

http://legendarion.com/gron-chibi-angron.html

Can anyone speculate as to why I'm not accruing Machine Spirit today? I've fought a number of battles and taken several locations, some AI and others player bases (no PvP though). Still, my Machine Spirit counter says 0. I had some before and used it for an upgrade. Why wouldn't I be getting the Machine Spirit awards I'm being shown at the end of each battle?

Like Helterskelter said, it is glory you get with that. Machine Spirits seem to spawn more the longer you are offline, I have found.

Can anyone speculate as to why I'm not accruing Machine Spirit today? I've fought a number of battles and taken several locations, some AI and others player bases (no PvP though). Still, my Machine Spirit counter says 0. I had some before and used it for an upgrade. Why wouldn't I be getting the Machine Spirit awards I'm being shown at the end of each battle?

Like Helterskelter said, it is glory you get with that. Machine Spirits seem to spawn more the longer you are offline, I have found.

also as you uncover sections of the map, you will find a bonus beacon that has around 30 spirit in, aswell as what conn said

I think time also determines how much is in that spot, as I tend to get something like 3 to 30 pieces of machine spirit from a spot, and I seem to find the bigger loads in the morning, when I've been offline for at least a third of the day, compared to being off for, say, an hour.

Problem solved, had to restart the app. On a side note, lv 16, three techpriests, the territories 80% in my hands, rank 15 in skirmish and I already have a three bonus relic. SoH are to my liking, the extra energy is a great bonus, means four orbital strikes or one more haywire in skirmish, both life savers.

True. It's just that you think you've cracked it and then someone attacks from somewhere else...

Meanwhile, I'm utterly useless in PvP (always have been). My 3 TDA, 6 Tactical and 4 Support get owned regularly. Did someone shout, "Free glory?".

I find this game quite dull, but something keeps pulling me back to fiddle with space marines for ten minutes.

How are people seeing replays of their base being attacked? I get the notifications on the left of the screen but they don't do anything when I press them. :offtopic: This is why I loathe touchscreens. I expect, nay demand, a context sensitive tooltip to appear when I move the cursor over something. And right-clicking to bring up a menu of things I can do. :furious:

Also, how do you know if a base on the map is one designed by another player rather than by the game? I don't mean PvP skirmish, those are clearly labelled.

Archived