Drop Assault out

Kilofix

^^ Seconded.

I think they would have gone with a completely different visual interpretation if it wasn't at least a little tongue-in-cheek.

Exhibit A: Adorable cartoon Angron, with dominatrix tendencies (as helpfully evidenced by Khârn the Bloody)

There's a difference between a visual art style and unbelievably :cuss dialogue.

Still, I am enjoying htis. It's replace CoC, the theme is enough to be worth it.

I'm doing my usual ploy of maxing all upgrades per every HQ upgrade so it takes a while.

I'm thinking of just running 6 Cataphractii and 14 Marines as a standard force, once I get my 4th pad. Are the jetbikes any good?

Not every warhammer game can have riveting dialog penned by Dan Abnett... Just look at 40k Carnage :D

The jet bikes are great in skirmish since you can play keep away and nab points when your opponent commits to one.

I'm still having decent results with a giant Cataphractii wad.

Yeah Cataphractii are the best tanks through end game. You get too few Predators, Dreads, Glaives compared to the number of Cataphractii you can get per Pad. I would upgrade Cats to max as time / resources allow.

Edit - The other thing is that the Lascannons do double damage to Preds, Dreads, Glaives but not Cats. And the Heavy Bolters do double damage to Tacs, Supports and Bikes but not Cats. Nothing does more damage to Cats.

I have noticed that lascannons and flamer turrets are about the only thing that gives my Cataphractii pause. Those are always my first targets for a haywire and beacon for a mob of bloodlusted Cataphractii.

**EDIT**

Is there something I'm missing about the death storm pods? The seem to do super minimal damage to not a lot...

Some other things I've found.

Unless you're expecting a horde of Predators attacking your base (which happens but is very rare) go with Hunters over Lascannons. Once you upgrade them past Level 10, Lascannons cost almost 4 times as much to upgrade and only do a fraction more damage. The only thing about Lascannons is that they do double damage to Preds, but then Hunters can hit air while Las cannot.

They way to avoid having the Titan kill all your defenses (before your opponent rolls in with ground forces) is to inter spread buildings between your turrets. I've found that the Titans Apoc missiles are not really AOE but rather a fixed number of shots that hit a fixed number of targets within an area. So if you have buildings, it spreads the hits over more targets minimizing the likelyhood of completely killing any one turret.

And Cats still rock end game.

While Deathstorm is completely useless except for clearing a large patch of mines.

I keep meaning to ask something like that myself. Are there player groups? If so, what do they provide/do?

As for a B&C one, it is my understanding that such a thing can only be created/approved by an Admin, under their and/or mod control, and all B&C rules would apply. At least, that was what I gathered when the possibility of a Steam group popped up once.

In game you can create 'Chapters' of up to 50 members. Every 2 weeks, the total Glory (not Exprience) of the Chapter is totaled and ranked against other Chapters. First place gets 10,000 Machine Spirit to be split between members. So that's like 200 if 50 members.

Second place gets 5,000 MS, and so forth. Glory is then reset and the fight goes on for the subsequent 2 weeks, etc.

Not sure if there are more rewards.

I've noticed a lot of my opponents dropping tons of beacons at the start of the game, whilst my mob just waddles forwards to the ammo caches to boost my ammo reserve. This allows me to out emp them later in the game.

I've also noticed a strange pattern with the AIs bases. Yesterday they all dropped from normal defenses to a single turret! Today the new bases. All have 6+ level massive turret systems, and all I have is lvl 9 available troops, so I'm getting creamed. Even my level 4 orbital strike does nothing.

Just found out that relic bonuses don't stack. Had two +23% to starting energy but only had 61, which I got from one +23% to energy.

Yeah, when its greyed out it means there something better it won't stack with. But it will still work on its own

Just found out that relic bonuses don't stack. Had two +23% to starting energy but only had 61, which I got from one +23% to energy.

Yeah, when its greyed out it means there something better it won't stack with. But it will still work on its own

Problem was they were the same level, so no greying out. So I thought they might stack.

At least we have learnt from it.

Though I am now wondering if relics stack with legion special rules.

Some other stuff;

Glaive Volkite Carronade Beam has the range of a Mortar and it does damage to everything in its path. BUT, it will only start firing at half that range. Which means, it will be in range of opposing LasCannons, etc. before it will start firing, though it will do damage to everything behind its primary target. It also takes an hour to build, is very slow so takes a minute or so to drive across the board, and can get blown up by a single shot from a Beamer Turret (which does double damage to it).

So, don't use it.

Edit. - I understand why they made it fire at half max range; its because its rate of fire is so slow they wanted to maximize the number of targets it would hit. Otherwise, if it fired at max range, only the nearest target would get hit. But it then stinks that Turrets will kill it by the time it fires.

I keep meaning to ask something like that myself. Are there player groups? If so, what do they provide/do?

As for a B&C one, it is my understanding that such a thing can only be created/approved by an Admin, under their and/or mod control, and all B&C rules would apply. At least, that was what I gathered when the possibility of a Steam group popped up once.

We had a BnC group in Space Marine. Admins have no authority off the board unless they control the faction themselves, and no one is stuck up enough to follow g rating for coms when we're all adults. Especially when you have an ex sailor like me mucking around.

Archived