The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

Thanks for the tips.

I like to go as balanced as possible and I love cramming in as many BA specific units as possible (hence the Sang-guard and the Baal Preds).

I'm avoiding taking any Primaris stuff at all for my Blood Angels. Not because I don't like the new Primaris stuff, but because I'm running a pure Primaris Black Templar army and I want to keep them very separate. #

(Also from my armies fluff, I cant see anyone leaving Maru in charge of fancy new toys; he has to make do with the cast offs and leftovers, lol).

I'll take a look at splitting the detachments up see if I can pinch out a few more CPs that way. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't you in the wrong subforum for that? Better go to the Black Templars subforum and ask the people there lol

That being said, all the big chapters eventually accepted Primaris in their ranks. Even Space Wolves and Dark Angels.

Also I'd generally advise against using big names like Helbrecht for meta plot points like refusing to accept Primaris unless it's something confirmed by GW. It will never make much sense in face of the official fluff.

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, its Maru back again.
I've finally got around to looking at the Blood Angels again since the new edition dropped.

Due to a Black Templar themed 6 month narrative and a dip into the new Sigmar edition, my poor Redeemers haven't seen much play time.

I must admit, I'm struggling to find much merit in the Blood Angles codex.

Don't get me wrong, anyone who's read any of my previous posts in the thread will know I'm not much of a competitive player, but it seems like all the units I used to like running in 7th ed are now pretty useless.

Big Crispin (the flamer / fraggio dread), was the most hardworking unit in my previous lists but now he can't travel in a pod, so he's never making it into range to torch anyone these days. :(

Death company have suffered a tremendous drop in utility, loosing their 5+ FNP and 2 of their attacks as well as fearless.
Tac squads are pretty much redundant now and I don't intend to buy any primaris marines.

Assault Squads are pointless when you've got vanguard vets.

All my substantial biker units are straight up gone.

I'm just... at a complete loss. :(

Anyone got any words of encouragement or helpful advice to inspire me to dust these boys off and get them on the tabletop?

I know that feel bro, but as always, unless you play on the cutting edge of the tourney scene there is always a MASSIVE disconnect between what teh interwebz call a good/ bad unit.

Let's take your given units;

• Crispin' - while he's no longer an Alpha Strike monster, with this loadout you can advance and fire your weapons to full effect (auto hits!) so he'll be moving on average 11" a turn.
  • DC - new stratagems to get them up the board insanely fast and a good number of attacks for the edition plus flexible loadouts
  • Tac Squads - they offer multi-wound heavy weapons that can be tough to shift in cover. In a Rhino you can load up to a full squad and maximize your specials. They aren't incredible but they're solid(ish...)
  • Assault Squads - Deep strike Special Weapons en-masse very cheaply. A few squads and a captain can help flesh out the mighty Brigade Detachment.
  • Bikes - yeah these are in a strange place for us, but they have good dakka!

Archived