The Redeemers ~ Black Maru's Order of Redemption

Bukimimaru

I've got the second round of my BA vs Tyranid narrative campaign this Wednesday. I'll try and get the story part written up and posted before then.

If you haven't read the first part you can find it either a few pages back on this thread or http://sixupsave.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/act-of-redemption-1-moonbase-rescue.html

Sounds like theres gonna be lots of Harpy's and Flyrants so I'll be breaking out the Stormravens and my Sicarian. :smile.:

Ok, my list is done.

Biker Captain; Arty Armour, Storm Shield, Powerfist.

7x Death Company: Powerfist, powersword, jumppacks

5x Tac Squad: Combi-flamer, Heavy Flamer, Laserback

5x Tac Squad: Combi-flamer, Heavy Flamer, Laserback

4x Bike Squad: Grav, grav, Combigrav, Multimelta Attackbike

5x Assault Squad, jump packs, flamer, flamer.

Sicarian

Vindicator: Turbo-engines, Shieldy-thing.

Stormraven: Lascannon, Multimelta, Hurricanes.

Its another relic game so everything is fast to try and get to the objective first.

Ive got my Sicarian and Stormraven to focus fire his flyers (I'm expecting a pair of Flyrants :( )

Plenty of flamers for his hordes.

Bikes to hunt down Synapse.

Deathcompany to make him worried about getting too close.

Not sure what the assualt squad is there for, I was just trying to make up the numbers.... Thoughts?

Perhaps keep the ASM in reserve/the stormraven and drop them in to flame something late game?

D

Aye this works well - against Nids dropping into hover mode won't be too problematic either, so you could always jump out, burninate then assault a weak unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends, long time no see.

Life is getting a little tough at the moment, both my fiance and I have recently started new jobs so finding time to game is getting tricky.

Still, once I've settled into my new responcibilities I'm sure I'll be back to the gameing table in no time.

I do have the second chapter of my "Acts of Redemtion" narrative campaign done, I just need to upload the pics and post it when I have the time.

In other news, I've got a tourney coming up next weekend. It's looking to be a bit of a cheese-fest unfortunatly, so not really my cup of tea, but its being hosted by a good friend and sometimes it's nice to try something different.

Basic rules are no superheavies over 400points, only one LoW, Maelstrom & Dawn of War missions.

Here's my current list idea:

+ HQ +

Librarian [bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Jump pack, Psyker (ML2), The Veritas Vitae]

+ Elites +

Furioso Dreadnought [Magna-grapple]

····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

····Power Fists [Frag cannon, Heavy flamer]

Death Company Squad [7x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword, 7x Death Company Marine, Jump Pack, Power Fist, Power Weapon]

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [Flamer, Heavy flamer, 9x Tactical Marine] ····Drop Pod [storm Bolter] ····Tactical Sergeant [Combi-Flamer, Melta Bombs, Power weapon]

Scout Squad [Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle] ····Scout Sergeant [sniper Rifle]

Scout Squad [Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts, 4x Sniper Rifle] ····Scout Sergeant [sniper Rifle]

+ Fast Attack +

Assault Squad [4x Assault Marines, 2x Meltagun] ····Assault Sergeant [2x Inferno Pistol] ····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

Assault Squad [4x Assault Marines, 2x Meltagun] ····Assault Sergeant [2x Inferno Pistol] ····Drop Pod [storm Bolter]

Bike Squad [2x Grav-gun, 3x Space Marine Biker] ····Biker Sergeant [Combi-Grav]

+ Heavy Support +

Deimos Pattern Vindicator Tank Destroyer [Overcharged engines, Storm bolter]

Sicaran Battle Tank

Stormraven Gunship [Hurricane Bolter Sponsons, Twin Linked Lascannon, Twin-linked Multi-melta]

Thoughts?

Perhaps opt for a melta gun and combi-melta on the Tactical Sergeant? Also, your Vindicator will be focused :/ BSF or CAD?

Why no flamer love on the TACs?

I figure I've got plenty of anti-tank / melta already.

I'm expecting the vindicator to get focused on, shes my 130 point big shiny target. Meanwhile my 2 meltacide units, Big Crispin, Sicarian, Grav Bikes and Death Company get a little closer to doin' their thang.

Perhaps opt for a melta gun and combi-melta on the Tactical Sergeant? Also, your Vindicator will be focused :/ BSF or CAD?

Why no flamer love on the TACs?

I figure I've got plenty of anti-tank / melta already.

You've got the heavy flamer for that. I'm guessing you're going to combat squad the Tactical Squad and by opting for melta, you have the chance to pop a transport and assault the innards (thus making use of that sword). With the flamer option, your variety of targets will diminish and any target will likely get obliterated.

I'm expecting the vindicator to get focused on, shes my 130 point big shiny target. Meanwhile my 2 meltacide units, Big Crispin, Sicarian, Grav Bikes and Death Company get a little closer to doin' their thang.

Then perhaps consider using one of the Legacies of Glory from IAv2SE to give it more protection? For example, Shrouded Provenance would make it venerable, but of course, you do pay a lot for these...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, things still pretty rocky at the moment, not had much time for gaming.

Just a quick update to say that I placed 2nd in the tourney, just getting beaten in the last round by a horrendous Ad-Mech list.

First game was against a grey Knights list (lotsa Paladins). I managed to pull off a crushing victory here thanks to my opponents terrible rolls. My opponent was a really nice guy who I've played before and was a much better sport than I fear I would have been.

Second game was against Daemonkin. My opponent was a young-ish kid (maybe 16-17) who had only had the codex about 3 days. Again I managed a crushing victory, but that was largly in part to his inexperiance with the army.

Third game was really close, but was a huge uphill struggle for me. It was against the same Ad-mech player I battled (and defeated) in my last tourney, but his army was thirsty for revenge and came to within a hairs breath of tableing me. Fortunatly I managed to keep a few scouts alive and I was only a handful of maelstrom points behind. A narrow defeat knocks me out of first place and into second.

I had a great day and I spent my winnings on some new brushes and primer.

Details for the winning armies and pics for the day have been posted on the SuS Blog.

http://sixupsave.blogspot.co.uk/2015_09_27_archive.html

All being well I'll be having a big game on Wednesday which I'm hoping will kickstart me back into "hobby mode".

Peace.

Ok, time to get my head back in the game.

Tonight I'm going home and getting together a nice 1,000 point list, and I'm going to get it all painted by the end of the weekend.

I want a nice core that I can work off, so I'm thinking:

Captain: Arty Armour,  Thunderhammer (mostly painted already)

Command Squad: Sword and Shield, apothocay, melta, meta, pistol and chainsword. Drop-pod (unpainted)

Tac Squad: Heavy Flamer, Combiflamer, Flamer, Rhino (fully painted)

Tac Squad: Multimelta, melta, infernopistol, Rhino (unpainted)

Assault Squad: 2x inferno pistol, melta, melta, drop-pod (fully painted)

Assault Squad: 2x inferno pistol, melta, melta, drop-pod (fully painted)

I know its not a competative list, but it seems like a pretty fluffy core that'll look good on the shelf.

Pictures to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

My BA project has been put to one side for a couple of months.

My Six Up Save group are hosting our first public tourney in Febuary and we are going with a "Back to Basics" ruleset.

With this in minds I'm going to re-build a chunck of my old Nurgle themed Chaos Army.

I'll still be hanging out here on the BA sub-forum and I'll still be playing with my BA between now and Febuary for casual / league games, but I probably wont be painting anything red for a while. >_<

My BA project has been put to one side for a couple of months.

My Six Up Save group are hosting our first public tourney in Febuary and we are going with a "Back to Basics" ruleset.

With this in minds I'm going to re-build a chunck of my old Nurgle themed Chaos Army.

I'll still be hanging out here on the BA sub-forum and I'll still be playing with my BA between now and Febuary for casual / league games, but I probably wont be painting anything red for a while. >_<

Not painting red?...

I'm sorry but I don't understand.

EDC

What I'm saying... oh wait, I see what you did there. :p

I'm playing another game with my BA on Wednesday for the Six Up Save League.

The Imperials are in a strong position at the moment but this wednesday I'm going to do my best to push us up even higher.

Details for the 6^Sv League can be found here: http://sixupsave.blogspot.co.uk/p/campaign.html

Once I know who my opponent is I'll get a test list up, see if I can get some feedback. :)

Oh sush. :rolleyes:

You commit one tiny act of Herecy and see what you have to put up with? :p

So, Paul has stepped up to the plate to take on the Redeemers for the 6^Sv League.

He's running an Ork Speedfreeks List, so I'm expecting plenty of bikes and trukks.

I've noticed my lists have become a bit "samey" recently, so I'm going to mix it up a bit.

I want to take Dante and some SG, who I never normally take (because they are mostly unpainted >_<).

I'm also thinking of taking jump pack assault marines with flamers, maybe a couple of flamer tac squads in Rhinos.

I could always go Dread Heavy? Libby Dread in a Pod, DC dread in a Pod, Fraggio in a pod.

I'm used to taking on big mobs when it comes to Orks, I suppose I best stock up on some Anti-tank, but then Ork vehicles are so flimsy it might be a  waste.

I'll find out what point size we are playing and post up a potential list this afternoon.

Archived