Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

Okay, so there is a new rule: "Don'to go to play Heroes of the Storm - even as f*****g Tyrande, who as a support classes out the rest of the team - while waiting for news, because you got stuck, and Robot Girlyman show up to save the day..."

Awesome news, really, but I'm a bit disappointed.

First, I thought - as others - that they will release the missing characters first before they got further... Sure, Guilliman looks fantastic.

Second: Book 6 Shadow Crusade? Okay, you are right, that comes after Calth, but there are still other Legions (All hail the Lion!). I really hoped for a Signus + Thramas Campaign book as the sixth. Yeah, there is a brighter side - I will have more time to prepare, before another favorite Legion hits the Heresy-train.

I don't really see the issue for having a separate book for the Shadow Crusade; a whole crusade over 500 worlds, when there was two books for Istvaan 5, one world. I know it was a big pivotal point in the heresy but still. Two books for Calth and the Shadow Crusade seems fair to me.

You misunderstand me. I didn't question the existence of a separate book for the Shadow Crusade, but they could catch it up later. Signus and Prospero were before the Shadow Crusade.

Ah I see. But Prospero was also before Istvaan ;) after Calth seems like a logical place, especially as they've already gone off rails from the official chronology.

Roboute is just how I imagined him. That roman, statue like face, that is how it should be.

So no more excuses for not playing 30K now.

Although I am curoius to see which characters they will release for the Ultramarines.

I think Ventanus is set in stone msn-wink.gif

Yes I hope so :). Dolor would also be a great character, I realy liked him in the Book.

You misunderstand me. I didn't question the existence of a separate book for the Shadow Crusade, but they could catch it up later. Signus and Prospero were before the Shadow Crusade.
Ah I see. But Prospero was also before Istvaan msn-wink.gif after Calth seems like a logical place, especially as they've already gone off rails from the official chronology.

I know msn-wink.gif And as I said, sure it comes after Calth, but I expected that they would first broaden the palette of the available Legions.

2015 seems to be a good year for an Ultramarines-collector smile.png

Roboute is just how I imagined him. That roman, statue like face, that is how it should be.

Although I am curoius to see which characters they will release for the Ultramarines. 

Is there a picture of roboute's model or art, if so can you post it?

The model has been posted.

med_gallery_8429_8832_26792.jpg

...still waiting for Dorn... cry.gif does it show?

Imperial Militia not an elite force, more of aPDF style force. Lots of numbers, not great equipment - they're not the Solar Auxilia

So, kinda like the Calth PDF, the Chainveil and the Thorakite? Nice. Very nice. Especially considering my plans for the XIth.

The Chainveil were specifically selected by the Iron Hands to act as auxiliaries, and considering the general contempt they held the Imperial Army in, there's no way those guys were any less than equivalent to the Solar Auxilia, if not better (I'd imagine they'd at least be better equiped, what with the Xth Legion's tech-fu).

Also, the Praevian gives the Battle-Automata taken with him Legions Astartes (insert legion here) with the SoH, EC, DG, NL, WB and RG additional options for them - some restricted to Castellax; such as Banestrike Ammo, Chem Munitions, Fleet & Infiltrate (RG), Sonic Shriekers, etc.

This thread is exhausting and I decided to turn-in around 1:00 AM last night. wacko.png

So back to the Praevian - does the legion list here purposely excluded the Iron Hands? Maybe they felt w/the LA(IH) rules it was too much to impart them to a Castallax, etc.? It would be a drag if they didn't at least come up with some kind of consolation prize.

Anyway, if anyone sees a more comprehensive list of their rules I'd be in your debt.

And thanks again to everyone who contributed the blow-by-blow in this thread. Very much appreciated! thumbsup.gif

Archived