Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

Models of the event for me:

med_gallery_79873_10428_12902.jpg

Love the techpriest. Everything I wanted in the model.

gallery_79873_10428_11907.jpg

The interceptor really blew me away. I need 2 yesterday.

But the news of the invent for me was:

med_gallery_79873_10428_3703.jpg

New airbrush paints! Ahhh!!!!! Can't wait :)

I am so excited to see Guilliman. The model is looking better than I would have hoped!

The Ultramarines concept art, the honour guard, the upgrade kits...

Thank you Forgeworld! I don't understand why so many are upset. The Ultramarines -a most venerated Legion and frankly Superior Chapter to any other in 40k have been almost ignored by FW for years! End of the day, Guilliman will outsell Corax, Alpharius and Perturabo combined, and the sculpt is looking incredible.

Tell me youre joking about the chapter thing? I guess when the head writer for awhile is a fanboy of a chapter it can get blown out of proportion. lol all hostility aside, its kind of rowboat's fault that the imperium is so weak as it is with his codex breaking apart the legions, leaving the imperium weak in its capability to bring mass force to bear against large threats *ahem hive fleet that ate his face ahem* and narrowing tactical minds. Maybe that wasnt the initial intent of the codex, but his fathering abilities must have sucked if all that his sons got from his teachings were MUST READ, MUST TAKE COMPLETELY SERIOUSLY. Besides Titus. Titus was cool.

Anywho, banter aside, the ultra kits are great along with girlyman (in my opinion he looks ace along with horus and vulkan as best sculpts) and im actually a fan of the ultras (when they where cool ie heresy) and will be making them as an ally to my fists.

On the point of why people are upset, its because people have been waiting for their promised sculpts which are yet to even be previewed (iron warriors) while guilliman gets a preview before his book is even in production. 

Overall a great look at some stuff this weekend.

also, it looks like we may get blood angels and dark angels with book 6 .... take it with salt though:

Khall Sithis, 8 February 2015 at 21:31, Battle Bunnies

Sanguinius and Lion due to the whole Imperium Secondus thing. Also a good place to put in the small Thrammas and Signus conflicts. Sorry this was confusing :s

I was not aware of Edgar working on a Primarch, but now I am; my opinion has changed to Simon - Guilliman then Corax as above and Edgar on Perturabo smile.png

No offence to the Angel fans, but I so hope this is BS. Not only are (to my knowledge at least) Signus and Thramas at least on the same approximate scale as Phall and Paramar (and therefore can justify their own book, not being bolted on to what looks to be the Ultras show, for better or worse), but putting yet more Legions before the Sons/Wolves? That leaves all kinds of bitterness in my mouth.
Actually Thramas would be on scale with the war in Ultramar. Both were sector-spanning crusades after. But assumption is that either of these will be involved with Signus or Thramas since the book is focusing on the Shadow Crusade, where we know there are splinters of both Legions involved.

You mean how the Gorgon's sons became one with the machine despite him realising that down that path led to the legions descent into madness as they attempted to overcome his death by obsessive bionicism? And of course he weakened the Imperium; that was the very purpose of it to prevent one man from turning the most dangerous fighting force in the Imperium to his own nefarious deeds. And of the first founders, it wasn't exactly popular choice, and many just went their own way - Space Wolves, Templars, and Dark Angels pretty much largely ignoring that edict (the latter's Council of Grand Masters keeping the legion alive in a greater fashion than outward appearances, while Rowboat would have been able to call on the vast reserves of their manpower spread among the chapters anyway). Vulkan opposed it, Corax was guilty of the monsters, Sanguinius and Ferrus were dead, and so unable to really oppose. That leave the Khan, who I think was maybe the only who supported it; and that was less to do with Rowboat, and more to do with the fact that that is how he is anyway.

While the reputation of them being "the very best" aren't particularly well founded, it's undeniable that they were among the most effective of the legions, and Guilliman a consumate commander who was able to turn around the near utter defeat of Calth and the resultant ruinstorm into a stalement; at this stage the Word Bearers were likely at the height of their effectiveness (already having conquered the most worlds the fastest following Monarchia), but bouyed up by vengeance and daemon granted power to boot. While the stalemate might have militarily suited the way effort, for the WB's personal goal, it was the traitors who were defeated. 

I also think you severely underestimate how long it takes to get a book ready; if they're expecting to be ready by even late spring, it's pretty much in the final days of getting sorted.

also, it looks like we may get blood angels and dark angels with book 6 .... take it with salt though:

Sanguinius and Lion due to the whole Imperium Secondus thing. Also a good place to put in the small Thrammas and Signus conflicts. Sorry this was confusing :s

I was not aware of Edgar working on a Primarch, but now I am; my opinion has changed to Simon - Guilliman then Corax as above and Edgar on Perturabo smile.png

No offence to the Angel fans, but I so hope this is BS. Not only are (to my knowledge at least) Signus and Thramas at least on the same approximate scale as Phall and Paramar (and therefore can justify their own book, not being bolted on to what looks to be the Ultras show, for better or worse), but putting yet more Legions before the Sons/Wolves? That leaves all kinds of bitterness in my mouth.
Actually Thramas would be on scale with the war in Ultramar. Both were sector-spanning crusades after. But assumption is that either of these will be involved with Signus or Thramas since the book is focusing on the Shadow Crusade, where we know there are splinters of both Legions involved.

I'm a Scars fan...imagine my sorrow

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l_zpsc5n7iw3d.png

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l_zpsc5n7iw3d.png
Traitor. :P

Notice how we Dark Angels are left out of the hugging...

At least Scars will come before us. Hell, FW is even said at the seminar that they'll get plastic SoB and re-release the squats before the DAngels get shoulder pads :P

...but no really ;.(

No you aren't I read about it...right before seeing Guilliman for the first time and my feelings getting the better of me.

Hopefully its true...

I don't know why everyone is spitting blood that Dorn wasn't released. It's not the first time a Primarch has jumped in before other's from previous books - looking at you Headless Ferrus. Lorgar got in before Horus and Mortarion as well although in fairness Vulkan was round about Mortarion too. Then there's a 5 month gap to Curze. 

As a Night Lords player I feel the pain - especially for the IW/RG players - but try and get a bit of perspective. SoH players had to wait 18 months from book release to getting Horus. Death Guard 20 months. Night Lords was 15 months to get Konrad and Sev after Massacre dropped. I know everyone wants everything yesterday, I was the same to a certain extent. If there's going to be that much complaining about Extermination stuff being benched (how'd you think the VI/XV Legion players feel) save it until November/December when it will have taken longer than all the rest eh

I don't know why everyone is spitting blood that Dorn wasn't released. It's not the first time a Primarch has jumped in before other's from previous books - looking at you Headless Ferrus. Lorgar got in before Horus and Mortarion as well although in fairness Vulkan was round about Mortarion too. Then there's a 5 month gap to Curze. 

As a Night Lords player I feel the pain - especially for the IW/RG players - but try and get a bit of perspective. SoH players had to wait 18 months from book release to getting Horus. Death Guard 20 months. Night Lords was 15 months to get Konrad and Sev after Massacre dropped. I know everyone wants everything yesterday, I was the same to a certain extent. If there's going to be that much complaining about Extermination stuff being benched (how'd you think the VI/XV Legion players feel) save it until November/December when it will have taken longer than all the rest eh

I wouldn't say anyone is "spitting blood" over it, I think that there was a general expectation that the next primarch would be one from Extermination and that we would see more units for the legions in it as well, as FW had previously stated that Book 4 was to give them time to catch up a bit on model releases. So given that the IW, RG and AL players had basically been told "We'll get it out soon", then the weekender comes round and the Ultras get a primarch and an upgrade set you can understand why they would be a bit disappointed and upset. IF are fine, they are just missing a Primarch, but the IW and to a lesser extent the RG and AL did get passed over a bit.

Honestly, I wasn't mad that it was Reboot, I was just wanting to see a different one revealed. I dunno about anyone else, but as a player and builder that's been around 40k for a long time, I never entertained the idea that GW would ever make official Primarch models (or this whole Heresy thing for that matter), so the unveiling of a new one is still a momentous occasion.

To make myself seem like less of a self-centered censored.gif Hat fan-boy; think of it this way: if the Fists had gotten all their minis released in like, literally a 3-5 month window (starting with the Contemptor), then no one would have had to suffer through my bouts of mad fan-boying anymore and would leave more room for other legion releases tongue.png But now, it gives me more time to find a nice way of painting Gold, Copper and other yellow/brown metallics in large quantities..

...but...

Now we're hearing about Archamus maybe getting a model and rules? Meaning we might get the Huscarls? Oh and the whole "we might make a Martian Civil War/Schism mini-series"...

Looks like Yellow is going to stick around for a bit longer tongue.png

>:-)

...Looks like I contradicted my first sentence in the same post >_>

I'm only guilty of winding myself up into a Zealous Frenzy under the effects of Adrenaline and Fatigue :p

He's just full of zealy-wealy. In fairness I was the same about the Gorgon Terminators, it was just in my pre-B&C days.

I wouldn't say anyone is "spitting blood" over it, I think that there was a general expectation that the next primarch would be one from Extermination and that we would see more units for the legions in it as well, as FW had previously stated that Book 4 was to give them time to catch up a bit on model releases. So given that the IW, RG and AL players had basically been told "We'll get it out soon", then the weekender comes round and the Ultras get a primarch and an upgrade set you can understand why they would be a bit disappointed and upset. IF are fine, they are just missing a Primarch, but the IW and to a lesser extent the RG and AL did get passed over a bit.

Apologies then it's just come across as ":cuss why can't we get what we want"

Looking back, every book has had stuff from it released early doors, SA being the prime example for that so whilst I expect some of the Tempest stuff to be out within a few weeks of it's release, the majority of the other stuff will come from Extermination. Namely the conversion kits for the 3 Legions without them and hopefully at least 1 unique unit in it's own right (my choice Lernaeans, Iron Tyrants) If Corax is being worked on now, at the very latest I'd expect him at Warhammer Fest in September

Archived