1850 Brand New Necrons vs Space Marines!

typhus40k

Great batrep.

I got to watch most of it, and just had a few quick observations. You probably picked these up by now, or I might have misheard how it played out:

- Gauss flayer ark works as salvo on your Ghost Arks now.

- Did you offer your buddy Look out sir for the Warlord kill? That was kinda nasty. :) (I'm just not sure if he knew if he was last active in 5th.)

-Trazyn is really hard done by in this edition. Note is ever-living is character only. And only a challenge can trigger his extra hits.... I'm sure you knew this. I'm still just surprised what they did to the guy.

Your buddy had such a mixed army he'd almost be better off with Ultra tactics especially in that assault turn, and assisting in shooting around the table. (Just typically the Imp Fists lists I see are super tactical heavy.)

Command Barge still seems nasty. I haven't tried mine for this codex yet. Wasn't sure how wound allocation works on it in close combat though. (I know the owned picks allocation for shooting.)

Thanks for posting the batrep!

Thank you for you kind words!

To answer a few questions:

I did offer him to do look out sir rolls, and he took them the second time around.

I completely mixed up the guns on the ghost arc and the Monolith, learning curve!

Unless they changed it, I choose who takes the hits when my opponent shoots the command barge, in close combat he can choose. 

My opponents bring which ever list they like to bring, if they are unsure of rules during the game I always help, but rarely do I help with tactics until after the game. 

But again thank you and I am glad you liked the batrep!

I noticed that the dread got a glance with gets hot, but you didnt roll again. for vehicles if I am correct it's 1-3 glance, 4-6 nothing (or vice versa. doesn't matter it's still a 50% chance)

other than that the space marine player looks like he just had bad luck =(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived