Dantioch

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates I've got a few important hand ins for uni this week but as soon as I've got them handed in I can really make more progress on my army and try and get the marines done for my pledge.

Here's a quick Wip just now, I'm quite happy with the flesh but the picture doesn't show it very well. Still no where near finished but getting there. Enjoy! biggrin.png

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/photo%2025_zpsuzbtuekw.jpg

Looking good! That head goes really well with the rest of the model. Are you planning a nice open pose to show off the torso? Seems a waste to hide it behind a bolter. I really like how you've done the lense and the flesh tone.

Keep up the good work sir.

Dallo

Thanks Dallo, Yeah I'll be giving him an open pose. There is too much lovely detail on that DG torso to waste it by covering it biggrin.png

Just ordered the new IW upgrades, its a bit weird they came out of nowhere. I'll reserve judgement on them until I have them in hand....

Looking snazzy. Is he bluer than when we saw him last? He seems bluer.

Dallo

Cheers, I think its just the lighting that's making him look blue. But now you mention I wonder how they would look with a bit of blue glaze.....

Love the metallic sheen you produce!

Glad he has an open pose to show off the detail.

Hurry up with your uni work and crack those brushes out lol

Thanks Mortis, just one more month and I can go on a painting frenzy laugh.png

I'm still not sure what the point of putting the star on all those IW torsos was...is there something I'm missing? I'll have to reserve judgement until I see them painted

I honestly don't see the point in the stars either, just flicked through Extermination again and there is nothing on stars. 

I wonder if it is still to be covered in upcoming fluff.

I'm still not sure what the point of putting the star on all those IW torsos was...is there something I'm missing? I'll have to reserve judgement until I see them painted

I honestly don't see the point in the stars either, just flicked through Extermination again and there is nothing on stars. 

I hope there's some relevance to it...along with not-quite-centered "belt buckles"

I hope there's some relevance to it...along with not-quite-centered "belt buckles"

Its because belts and their buckles move with your hips, not your torso; so them being posed that way means that they dont look ever-so-slightly-wonky when you off-centre them to have a turning torso or whatever.

Its because belts and their buckles move with your hips, not your torso; so them being posed that way means that they dont look ever-so-slightly-wonky when you off-centre them to have a turning torso or whatever.
I still have two problems with these buckles...

1. They're off-centered the wrong way; almost all bolter holding marines are twisted to their left, whereas these buckles would need to have the marine twisted to the

2. All other marines will seem off if you only have a handfull with their belt buckles centered so...

My best guess is the star represents Olympia? I don't know, the torsos have more of a Great Crusade IW feel than anything else I can think of. 

Thanks guys, made some slight progress on my Deredeo. Still a lot to do on him.

Looks like my pledge may be in jeopardy though as I just noticed there are legs missing from my MKIII and MKII bags, just waiting for FW to send out the parts sad.png

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/photo%2028_zpsjwcrwxed.jpg

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/photo%201%207_zpsvh0wlohk.jpg

Fantastic models - really great looking army you'll have. As a fellow Scot, and someone who live about 15mins from Hamilton - we should butt 30K heads once you've finished your army!

Thanks dude, Yeah definitely. I'll just need to finish my army and learn to play laugh.png

My best guess is the star represents Olympia? I don't know, the torsos have more of a Great Crusade IW feel than anything else I can think of.

Maybe something to do with Perturabo's visions of the Eye of Terror? They do look more Great Crusade era than any other upgrade so far.

Oh, wow. That red really pops on that Deredeo. The more of these I see painted, the more I like it. And I liked it in the first place.

Quick question, what sort of mounting fits the Aiolos; i.e would it fit a Predator/Whirlwind kit or would I need a bit more work to get it to fit?

Oh, wow. That red really pops on that Deredeo. The more of these I see painted, the more I like it. And I liked it in the first place.

Quick question, what sort of mounting fits the Aiolos; i.e would it fit a Predator/Whirlwind kit or would I need a bit more work to get it to fit?

Guestimating, the Hole on the back of the Deredeo for the mounting looks roughly or a bit smaller than a Tank Crew Hatch.

Archived