Aqui

Disgraced Sister of the Pure HEart

The Disgraced Sisters of the Pure Heart

Home planet: 

Mardid Orden, Agri-world

Name of its Founder: 

Sister Superior Juliana

History: 

The Minor Order of the Sisters of the Pure Heart set about to be examples of the Emperor and how life of an Imperial Citizen should be lived. They took to the streets of the towns on the Agri-World of Mardid Orden and encouraged the citizens to work their fields with the vigor of the Warriors of the Imperium. Novices and Repenting Sisters tended to the fields around the covent as part of their daily rituals and training. But inside their convent, they picked up their bolters and chainswords to conduct rigorous battle drills. While their skills on the battlefield was not at the same level as the major orders, they were respected on their world to the point of being the sole military and law enforcement force on the planet. 

This changed when Eldar from a small craftworld appeared on the planet through mysterious methods. Their craftworld was being overrun by the Flawless Host and the survivors escaped into the web way to be deposited on Mardid Orden that was set up as a Maiden World for the Eldar in millennia past. The remaining eldar were in no position to put up any sort of fight against the planet and instead requested asylum from the Sisters of the Pure Heart. The Sisters agreed and allowed the survivors to join the agrarian communities and work the land for the Imperium of Man. It was not long before strife arose on the planet due to the animosity between the two races. The Eldar constructed their own settlement and tended to their own fields but the humans on the planet would not suffer for the alien to live. The Sisters of the Pure Heart were caught in a dilemma, the humans of the planet were more often than not the aggressors and thus the Sisters had to turn their bolters on humanity in the name of justice.

Their final fall from grace came when worshipers of Slaanesh found the Eldar settlement and set forth to claim souls worthy of “She Who Thirsts.” The war bands showed no interest in the human settlements. That changed when the Sisters of the Pure Heart joined the battle defending the settlement and by extension the planet. However, high-ranking officials took a dim-view on the actions of the Sisters and had them removed from the rolls of honor in the Ecclesiarchy. The world was declared tainted by Chaos and the settlements fell into ruin. The Sisters were left on the planet, but cut off from the rest of the Imperium. With only a few human settlements remaining, the Eldar returned the gesture of kindness they received when they arrived. The Eldar took over governorship of the planet but showed leniency on the human populace. The Sisters remain a military force that has since allied itself with the Eldar and while they believe they were the victims of circumstance. They still believe themselves to be pure of heart and continue to be examples of Imperial citizenry. A fact not lost on the Eldar and even encouraged. For during the battle, it was found out by the Eldar that the Sisters cloud their spirit presence from the denizens of the warp. 

Significant Battles Joined: 

The Battle to Reclaim Rang’itoto

The Sisters of the Pure Heart had been Disavowed and Excommunicated by the Ecclesiarchy of the Imperium. With no way to get supplies, the sisters needed to find a way off planet. This came in the form of the Eldar whose very presence had caused the Sisters so much grief. They informed the Sisters that the path to their Craftworld is still open and from there, they would be able to offer the sisters passage to gather supplies for the Covent and the planet. The problem is that it was conquered by Chaos. The Sisters were quick to join any battle that  involved their arch foe and even if they were excommunicated, they would still hold true to the Imperial ideal. 

The entire convent rallied behind the Eldar and with the help of the Eldar’s web way, they were transported to the small craftworld the Eldar once called home. With no Aspect Warriors amongst them, the Sisters did the brunt of the fighting against the minions of Chaos that had remained on the Craftworld. For three months, the Sisters and their Eldar allies purged the entire craftworld of the minions of Slaanesh but not without heavy losses. The Convent was reduced to less than an eighth of its former strength. With no recruits coming from off world, it would be a long time before the Convent would be ready for conflict.

The Refugees from the Southern Star

Rang’itoto’s port has become the central intelligence hub and many on the Path of the Outcast venture there as a respite from their time amongst the stars. The Sisters stationed there act as guards on the port and bodyguards for the residents of the craftworld. It was learned that a transport craft known as the Southern Star had been captured by the Eldar’s dark kin. The Sisters were appalled but only when a transport ship offered to carry the sisters into battle did they move into action. Eight squads of sisters boarded the ship and set pursuit for the vessel carrying their cargo back to their hellish home. 

Once aboard, the Dark Eldar were shocked and confused with the presence of humans with the Eldar Rangers. Those that laughed at the notion were quickly gunned down or vaporized by the melta blasts of the sisters or taken out with precision shots from the long-rifles of the Eldar. With the prisoners and crew taken aboard the Eldar vessel, they returned to Rang’itoto. The human captives were released to Mardid Orden where they were allowed to work in the fields and begin the processes of healing. Amongst the prisoners were several young girls that requested to be admitted into the convent and become warrior women as well. With their numbers so severely depleted, they were welcomed into the convent. 

Notable Sisters: 

Canoness Anna

Anna was in her 14th year as Canoness of the Order when the survivors of the Craftworld Rang’itoto arrived on the planet bloodied and beaten. The seer that was with them revealed that they were the last survivors from a Chaos attack and that they meant no harm to anyone on the planet. In a supreme act of humility, they requested the aid of the Convent to tend to their wounded. Anna agreed to help the aliens and when they were healed, they requested that they remain on the planet. In an unprecedented act, Anna called all the Sister Superiors into a Conclave to discuss the matter. At the end of the conclave, an accord was struck in that the Eldar would not interfere with the human population and that they would be expected to tend the fields they were assigned.

Celestine Sister Superior Danielle

Danielle was martyred at the battle to reclaim Rang’itoto. Danielle and her squad was at the forefront of the contingent of Sisters that fought alongside the Eldar survivors to reclaim their lost craftworld. Danielle through her inspirational words and example, provided an anchor for the entire offense. Bolstered by the Eldar seer, Danielle faced down a horde of Slaaneshi lesser demons and the mortal minions that had taken up residency. Though Danielle was struck down by the demons, the Seer that stood behind her squad was able to conjure a blast that sent the demons back to the warp. Upon the end of the battle, the sisters took the brunt of the losses with very few of the Eldar. The sacrifice of the Sisters brought a tear to the eye of the seer and she vowed to assist the disgraced sisters in the future.

Edited by Grand Master Belial

Tournament's over... I can finally do this :p

I, Naminé, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Your will be done."

I, KRG-23, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Your will be done.

Fluff is on its way, colors are set in the SoB painter and should be ready to be posted in a couple of days

UPDATE : project thread is here : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305206-liber-challenge-order-of-ursulines/

Edited by KRG-23

I've updated the vows index. My OCD kicked in and I alphabetized the list, added dashes after the members' names, added the names of the various orders that were missing, added missing links, and changed the URLs to posts (makes it easier to edit) - so apologies to Aquilanus for changing his post without consulting him first.

On a side note, I've watched this challenge and the resulting efforts with a great deal of pleasure. It's good to see so many hobbyists developing their own orders of the Adepta Sororitas and the variety in outlooks has been very interesting. BZ to the mods for instigating this challenge and to the hobbyists that have answered the call.

I've updated the vows index. My OCD kicked in and I alphabetized the list, added dashes after the members' names, added the names of the various orders that were missing, added missing links, and changed the URLs to posts (makes it easier to edit) - so apologies to Aquilanus for changing his post without consulting him first.

That's very nice of you to build that list. Totally wasn't something I was making myself.

. . . *right-click excel file > delete*

Edited by Conn Eremon

On a side note, I've watched this challenge and the resulting efforts with a great deal of pleasure. It's good to see so many hobbyists developing their own orders of the Adepta Sororitas and the variety in outlooks has been very interesting. BZ to the mods for instigating this challenge and to the hobbyists that have answered the call.

I have added the link to my project thread in my post : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305206-liber-challenge-order-of-ursulines/

That's okay. I was going to get around to doing something similar, but things have gotten in the way :sad.:

I've enjoyed it myself. There's a lot of good stuff being produced, and I'm really looking forward to the following challenges too :happy.:

I, Mekhitar, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Your will be done.

(Then again - it is easier to make a vow you have already kept!)  This lit a sufficient fire under me to condense into reality the odds, ends, and pieces of this Order that existed, half-formed, in my mind.  Here it stands:

The Order of the Ashen Wing
Lesser Order Militant

Fair warning: the Sisters exaggerate the role I had in founding the Ashen Wing.  The idea existed as the Emperor's handprint in Sister Illyria's soul long before my way was crossed with hers.  It was merely a matter of being present at that moment and having, perhaps, the words she already knew - yet needed to hear from someone outside herself. From ashes, we create ourselves anew.

I, Loddfafnir113, vow to create an Adepta Sororitas Order and post the results in the name of the martyred Sisters and to Him on Earth. Your will be done.

The Order of Her Sacred Aointment

Lesser Order Militant