Khorne Daemonkin - Discussion, Tactics, Background

Tenebris

The rule is if a unit with at least one model with the rule wipes out a unit they get a point. So if a KDK character joins a shooty unit they get a point when they wipe out units with shooting. Nothing says anything about assault.

Scribe: Use the Possessed tax as an attract fire buffer with your lord and his retinue coming in right behind as a second wave. Possessed might not be that survivable, but only an idiot would let them close ranks.

economical isn't really the issue. you have to take them if you want the formation. Leave them on a backfield objective, run them forward in the hope of at least attracting a few bullets, whatever.

If you want Khârn for fluff reasons, grab an allied detach of Khârn, a claw, and ten cultists, and put the possessed in the claw with Khârn.

I mean, yeah, they're overpriced. But on another level they're free, because you had to buy them anyway, and you would have paid that 150 points even if it was just a straight up 'the formation costs this many extra points to field' tax.

That is better, honestly. I at least didn't really want unbound maulers in bound games.

A daemon engine formation would have been cool, though. But whatever.

For those who wanted more thirsters, though, you can still get two thirsters per two cultist units in a cad. Might be better out of the daemon book, tho. Unstable, and no bftbg, but rewards.

well i now have the book and was able to play my first game :)

So far i haven't had a proper good read of the background section but happy with most of the rules and options (skulltaker unable to take a juggernaut is strange i feel, and also would have liked to have seen Karanak or Skarbrand) and seems like a fun book to use which is what i wanted. 

So for my first game it was a 600pt game (for the upcoming starter game at our store) so i used the gorepack formation, a herald on juggernaught and 2 chaos spawn. i played against necrons (big squad of warriors with cryptek, small units of lychguard and immortals) and i got lucky enough to get the first turn and my opponent underestimated how fast my force is, my entire force was in melee by the end of turn two. hounds are great :) my force was fast and able to limit the amount of incoming fire. I had to finish early but by the end of the fourth turn I was slowing cutting his force down (even though i had forgotten about always challenging and my hammer of wrath hits oops) overall a good first experience though i didn't get much chance to see the blood tithe rules in action.

for your interest my force:

> Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne: 130

> 5 Bikers, Meltagun: 130

> 4 Bikers, Meltagun: 108

> 8 Flesh Hounds: 160

> Chaos spawn: 32

Total: 592

I might put this list in the army list section for ideas and suggestions on improvement.

Now since people have the codex I was just wondering do all damon engines/ walkers have access to the mark of Khorne now (Defilers, hellbrutes and both fiends)

Cheers

They are Daemons of Khorne, though not the Helbrute, its unchanged other than gaining Blood for the Blood God and moving to Heavy.

Can you take additional options that aren't in the auxiliary formation and remain battle forged with the blood host? Like can i go slaughtercult cults, and take three units of flesh hounds? Or do you have to take the gorepack to remain battleforged? And while you can't ally with yourself, can you take two separate CADs? I'm thinking two separate CADS of 2 bloodthirsters and two cultists, then flesh hounds to fill. Is that legal if you're not playing unbound?

I know Warp Talons aren't a prime unit, but since they're now a Demon of Khorne in Demonkin... does this mean they don't scatter at all from a Banner of Blood? So their Blind ability *might* be useful? Maybe?

I know Warp Talons aren't a prime unit, but since they're now a Demon of Khorne in Demonkin... does this mean they don't scatter at all from a Banner of Blood? So their Blind ability *might* be useful? Maybe?

It definitely applies to them. Finally, a worthwhile way of getting them in. They're pricey for sure, but better than ever IMO.

well i now have the book and was able to play my first game smile.png

So far i haven't had a proper good read of the background section but happy with most of the rules and options (skulltaker unable to take a juggernaut is strange i feel, and also would have liked to have seen Karanak or Skarbrand) and seems like a fun book to use which is what i wanted.

So for my first game it was a 600pt game (for the upcoming starter game at our store) so i used the gorepack formation, a herald on juggernaught and 2 chaos spawn. i played against necrons (big squad of warriors with cryptek, small units of lychguard and immortals) and i got lucky enough to get the first turn and my opponent underestimated how fast my force is, my entire force was in melee by the end of turn two. hounds are great smile.png my force was fast and able to limit the amount of incoming fire. I had to finish early but by the end of the fourth turn I was slowing cutting his force down (even though i had forgotten about always challenging and my hammer of wrath hits oops) overall a good first experience though i didn't get much chance to see the blood tithe rules in action.

for your interest my force:

> Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne: 130

> 5 Bikers, Meltagun: 130

> 4 Bikers, Meltagun: 108

> 8 Flesh Hounds: 160

Total: 592

I might put this list in the army list section for ideas and suggestions on improvement.

Super lame, but Herald of Khorne can't get an Axe of Khorne if you took him from the Daemonkin codex.

They still don't have assault grenades, though, so they'd still need character support in my opinion. Which probably counters the deepstrike mitigation...

Archived