Love the conversion. I might use that dark angels Lt as a BT lt for kill team actually. But i'd use different arms.

THANK YOU! and thanks to any I haven't overtly thanked yet. I'm really glad the whole idea came together so well and the result has paid off!

Yeah, the EC arms are rather distinctive as the EC in most people's minds by now.

I'm honestly thinking of just using the EC as a lieutenant if/when I play KT.

if you give an LT a power sword and then go all out focusing on melee with all the abilities and such the LT can have. He becomes a real beast in melee especially against characters I think...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Amazing conversion !!! I would like to say he's perfect but perfection is not human, and what is not human is heresy :wink:

Well said!

The pursuit of perfection is what laid low the heart and soul of the 3rd legion and their accursed primarch. The path to perfection is a false one. It leads only to damnation.

We seek not perfection! We live only to fulfil our sworn duty to serve the Emperor of mankind. Only in death does duty end.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Great conversion on the Emperor’s Champion. Your upscaling project is eerily similar to what I was planning to do with my own Crusade. I’m excited to see more of your progress!

Thank you! I've put a hold on progress. Waiting on essential components. Might focus on the tanks in the mean time.

Here is an army list i am building towards deploying next year. Hopefully I'll be able to test drive it before I get to the main engagement.

Battalion Detachment (629pts)

HQ

• Chaplain (83pts): Combi plasma
  • The Emperor's Champion (75pts)
Troops

• 1st Crusader Squad (158pts): 5x Neophyte w/Combat Knife, 2x Initiate w/Chainsword, 1x Initiate w/Power axe, Initiate w/Meltagun, Sword Brother: Combi-melta, Power sword
  • 2nd Crusader Squad (158pts): 5x Neophyte w/Combat Knife, 2x Initiate w/Chainsword, 1x Initiate w/Power axe, Initiate w/Meltagun, Sword Brother: Combi-melta, Power sword
  • 3rd Crusader Squad (155pts): 5x Neophyte w/Combat Knife, 2x Initiate w/Chainsword, Initiate w/Power fist, Initiate w/Plasma gun, Sword Brother: Combi-plasma, Power sword
Spearhead Detachment (948pts)

HQ

• Techmarine on Bike (90pts): storm bolter, Power axe,

Servo-harness: Flamer, Plasma cutter

Heavy Support

• 1st Land Raider Crusader (286pts): Multi-melta
  • 2nd Land Raider Crusader (286pts): Multi-melta
  • 3rd Land Raider Crusader (286pts): Multi-melta
Vanguard Detachment (384pts) {Sword Brethren}

HQ

• Captain (84pts): Chainsword {The Teeth of Terra}, Storm shield
Elites

• 1st Sword Brotherhood (112pts): 4x Sword Brethren w/Power sword, Storm shield, Veteran Sergeant: thunderhammer, Storm shield
  • 2nd Sword Brotherhood (112pts): 4x Sword Brethren w/Power sword, Storm shield, Veteran Sergeant: thunderhammer, Storm Shield.
  • 3rd Sword Brotherhood (112pts): 4x Sword Brethren w/Power sword, Storm shield, Veteran Sergeant: thunderhammer, Storm shield
Edited by Canadian_F_H

I just love the embiggered EC, what a boss.

Might have to look into copying that in the near future.

i recommend it!  it isn't that difficult (if i can pull it off that is).  it only took 2 models, a few bits from the BT kit, and some 40 link/inch chain from a model railroad company.

and for using 2 models, you still get a few cool bits left over.  the power sword and plasma pistol will see use!  and i now have some DA specific bits if i find somebody local who needs some parts!

Man that EC. I'm jealous, he is badass! I may have to do something like that one day. Really a perfect Primaris version of him. I doubt if GW could do better!

thanks! i'm sure GW could do something amazing and dynamic if they wanted too. they dont use real metal chain, but they can make do. lol!

i just wanted to use as much of the original model, conceptually and in actual components. he is definitely recognizable, no mistaking him for anything else which is good. and oddly enough. there isnt actually a lot of templar iconography on his actual power armour. 2 transfers on the pauldrons. but actual plastic icons, the one on his chest is an amulet, and the only other is on the censure chained to his left hand. which is about right since the original EC model doesnt have a single molded on Templar icon.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

I, Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Sigismund, the First Captain of the VII legion Astartes, the first Emperor's Champion, and first High Marshall of the Black Templars.

I Canadian_F_H, vow in the name of Rogal Dorn, in service to our glorious Emperor, to complete THREE (YES 3) LAND RAIDER CRUSADERS by the 2nd day of March 2019.

For Sigismund, Dorn, Terra, and the Emperor!

UDIArhi7_o.png

From the "one more day for Dorn" thread...

My intention is actually to complete this vow and then follow it up with further vows... Ultimately I have a personal goal to complete a 2000 point force before the end of April. This even nearly sets the pace.

Personal goal

• Emperor's champion completed
  • chaplain
  • castellan
  • techmarine
  • 15 neophytes
  • 15 initiates
  • 15 sword brethren
  • 3 Land raider crusaders