Alright. The way my life schedule is lining up, tonight is going to be my last opportunity to finish these models.

The IF squad is done

The power armour marshal is done

The cataphractii needs a look over, but might be done

The IF Terminator librarian has all his colors, i just need to check for any needed touch ups, then some highlights, washes, rehighlights and then probably done. "Luckily" there is no room for a transfer icon, so i can skip that step. (seriously tho, that particular old terminator librarian has only one place on the whole model that one can put a chapter icon, and its a kneepad that is smaller than ALL the chapter icons on thr transfers. Had i realized i would have used some of the IF bits from the primaris upgrade spru on the model somewhere.

Well. I suppose so!

I dont want to bite off to much, but i definitly plan on doing some crimson fists. My earlier work before primaris arrived, involved the tradition of the crimson gauntlet adopted by templars and presumably other fist decendents who have fought alongside crimson fists and painted a gauntlet crimson in solidarity.

Beyond continueing that tradition, painting more imperial fists and eventually some crimson fists, i havent formed any plans for that far out yet.

Of course i have a lot of Black Templars to do first! Particularly 3 LRCs i will finish by november!

Edited by Canadian_F_H

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Brethren!  I have been crusading in dark places!  I apologize for my lack of updates.

holidays and work insanity have been a factor.  my primary hobby focus has been on table building.  tho i did get 2 games in.  one is offtopic here.  the other was... unusual...

will post pics soon.

A quick fight over the new table (still not finished)  a highly unorthodox game.

40k 7th edition Black Templars in the AOD Crusade detachment vs 30k Alpha Legion.

3000pts/side

Forgot the mission name, but it was the one where you get 3vp for your own DZ, 5vp for no-mans-land and 7vp for the enemy DZ.  All were contested and so he won  1VP to 0VP which was earned by the player who destroyed the most enemy units.

It was rough on my BT list since it was far from optimized, and his AL list is well tuned vs our local meta that apparently is a bit rough.

IMAG1599

IMAG1600

IMAG1601

IMAG1602

IMAG1603

IMAG1604

IMAG1605

IMAG1606

IMAG1607

IMAG1608

IMAG1609

IMAG1610

IMAG1612

IMAG1613

my TLDR list was...

Emperor's Champion, Helbrecht, Grimaldus.

3x Crusader squads in LRCs

3x assault squads with 2xflamers each (to follow in the shadow of the LRCs and react)

2x devastator squads each with 2LC, 2ML, combat squaded and with a TLLC razorback

Edited by Canadian_F_H

• 2 weeks later...

Just Love the amount of lrcs

ME TOO!

I have been preoccupied with my orks. Which i have always wanted to do as a "classic nemisis" of black templars because of my love for the 3rd war for Armageddon during 3rd edition.

But working on them has a lot of gears turning about getting my Templars sorted out too.

I have started stripping some second hand assault marines so that i can get them sorted out and i have a bunch of army lists i need to build towards too.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

slight update.   incoming models and bits etc.   i have 3 Vindicators and bits to make 3 of my own version of Stalker AA tanks.

i still have to focus a bit on my orks for some up and coming games with them.  but things are in motion for the Crusade.

• 5 months later...

Alright.  I am trying to get back on track with my crusade.  I just started and finished this model this past week.  

BT Ancient 2020 07 18 (1)

BT Ancient 2020 07 18 (2)

BT Ancient 2020 07 18 (3)

BT Ancient 2020 07 18 (4)

BT Ancient 2020 07 18 (5)

I have decided to not overload myself for a bit, so I am trying to keep the conversion work simple.  I really need to get a solid core finished for my BT before I start getting deep into crazy conversion work.

• 5 months later...

I just updated my SoDE-VII vow post with better pictures.

So I'll put those better images here too.

CFH SoDE-VII 021.M03 1of4

CFH SoDE-VII 021.M03 2of4

CFH SoDE-VII 021.M03 3of4

CFH SoDE-VII 021.M03 4of4

Here is to being motivated and accomplishing things.

This might seam like an odd selection of models, but it makes sense to me.  I have been fairly blunt that I don't care about the primaris lore, I just like the fact that they are better scaled to themselves and tower over things like eldar and imperial guard like they are supposed to.

As for the rules I just use whatever unit entry I need them to be.

So the above plus a couple models I already have and a conversion I plan to do makes up a little 1000 point army I am going to run amongst friends and family this year.

Basically...

3x5 crusader squads with plasma and combi-plasma sword bro

2x5 vanguard vets with relic blade and stormshield sword bro.

1x3 company vets

Emperor's champion and Grimaldus.

3drop pods and everybody fits inside.

Step 3 profit.  Idk.  Should be fun.  And I like the idea of shooty and choppy squads sharing a pod and it feels very black Templars ad-hoc composition.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So. Actually able to do some hobby recently. And I'm trying to clear some of my massive backlog...

Working on a few things including Bladeguard Veterans.

I am torn about how I want to paint the shields. The problem I think, is that I should have gone with my first instinct...

I feel I should have scraped off the embossed cross and replaced it with something more appropriate from the Black Templar bits pile.

• 2 months later...

So, hear me out...

The Answer: Vanguard veterans with power axes and storm shields in Landraiders/Spartans.

To the Question: What is a unit that can pull double duty as Phalanx Warders in HH and still work* in 40k.

*Work as in, functional wysiwyg, if not "meta-comp-tournament" viable (since I definitely don't care about that personally)

Other than that.  Chainsword crusaders are good for despoilers.

Sword bros are good for Templar Brethren.

Anyways. Just thinking about how I'm more likely to put my dudes on the table these days.  (I'll play 40k, but the local HH group is a preferable group of people here these days)