ETL IV is coming...

Got a knight to vow this year along with some leman russ.

I really want a stormlord though so anything could happen, although after doing a baneblade and a hellhammer last year I may leave it or finally take some brave pills and order the macharius vulcan I've desperately wanted for so longbiggrin.png

note that you can not vow the knight here though. those belong with the mechanicum i believe. I won't be participating this year i think, and if i participate it'll be with my knight acheron if the damn thing finally arrives!

Er...I thought last year they allowed the vowing of kaniggits by all loyalist factions?  I'm not sure the various houses would be so thrilled to be lumped in under anyone, even the mechanicum...

Er...I thought last year they allowed the vowing of kaniggits by all loyalist factions?  I'm not sure the various houses would be so thrilled to be lumped in under anyone, even the mechanicum...

It would make sense as they're not mechanicum units they're their own faction and lets face it very few people will be fielding a pure knight force let alone painting one purely for the ETL. Hopefully that is the case this year as I imagine quite a few people across the various sub forums have them waiting to be assembled.

It's a bit like the Stormlord. That could be fielded by any loyalist faction last year.

My Stormlord was painted up as part of an iron hands HH force last ETL. But having zero 30k games and loosing the urge to continue with IH's it got poached and stripped by a certain Rogue Trader. ;)

Knights could be done for any faction in ETL III, I think that's still the case but we'll find out all the rules in May. I have a Knight too but I don't know if I can squeeze both that and the Shadowsword in as I plan on going the whole hog on it which will not be quick!

Captain Semper confirmed Knights for everyone somewhere already, can't remember where though.

Don't suppose I could entice any of you fine chaps to fight for a... slightly more morally dubious forum this year? We have an excellent health plan, scheduled R&R and the possibility of unlimited power. You even get to keep your soul!

Less Commissars as well. Just in case you were chafing under the iron fist of discipline.

Dragonlover

The commissariat is universally beloved as beneficent and fair! All we ask is that you do your duty, while the lords of chaos demand your obedience and very soul. Surely only a fool would treat with the latter?

I think you'll find the ranks of the Guard resolute and united in all things, your tricks will find no purchase traitor msn-wink.gif

Captain Semper confirmed Knights for everyone somewhere already, can't remember where though.

Don't suppose I could entice any of you fine chaps to fight for a... slightly more morally dubious forum this year? We have an excellent health plan, scheduled R&R and the possibility of unlimited power. You even get to keep your soul!

Less Commissars as well. Just in case you were chafing under the iron fist of discipline.

Dragonlover

Let me introduce you to the Iron Lady ... She has something to say about poaching painters.

Ahh ... I can hear the purr of her weapon warming up now. ;)

Hahaha, this is getting to become a tradition! Chaos tries lure the innocent Guardsmen to eternal damnation! :lol:

the Guardsmen won't yield though because of eternal faith to the Emperor beloved by all... (and I'm sure the Commisars have something to do with that too...).

Nobody does afternoon tea like the commissariat! :P

Just as a notice; all Guardsmen are permitted to deal with interlopers in any way they see fit. Just be aware that the proper form must be filled in and submitted afterwards and you are responsible for cleaning up any smears, blood stains, limbs and/or steamrollered corpses you create.

A clean barracks is a happy barracks, plus we've only just had it repainted that nice shade of green...

I thought I saw Pvt Carl coming out of here with green paint...

This thing about the Knights might change my vow. Wait, no it won't! I may have lost my sanity but I still possess this limp noodle as my eviscerator!

Well, bad news everyone. I will not be doing an entire Platoon seeing as how I can't assemble models as quickly as I used to be able to do sad.png. It's just not possible this time around. That project will be a year-long endeavour.

The good news is that I will be building and painting an Imperial Knight for our cause. All I have to do is pick out a colour scheme so that shouldn't be difficult.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. I will go dig a hole and sit in it until the ETL comes.

Well, bad news everyone. I will not be doing an entire Platoon seeing as how I can't assemble models as quickly as I used to be able to do sad.png. It's just not possible this time around. That project will be a year-long endeavour.

The good news is that I will be building and painting an Imperial Knight for our cause. All I have to do is pick out a colour scheme so that shouldn't be difficult.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. I will go dig a hole and sit in it until the ETL comes.

Is was looking forward to the 50 plus models of awesome :(. Oh well look forward to seeing your knight.

It doesn't have to be a full platoon if you've got enough for the minimum? That's probably enough anyway, any more than that and you'll risk burning out. A Knight would be very cool though, I'm still harbouring hopes I can squeeze mine in as they're so cool :D

The aim of the ETL is to get some of your models painted. As long as you get something painted that's the main thing. Lol ... I don't think anyone will complain about a knight being added to the total. ;)

Hhhnnnggh I feel the touch of the Omnissiah upon me....Commissars, please, grant me absolution...*click*

Seriously, this will be my first ETL, but right now I don't feel like painting the 4 or 5 infantry squads I have laying about, like Mehman. I guess I have another Punisher and a Valkyrie that've been undercoated for ages, but I'm bored of painting Tallarn Sand.

Meanwhile I cant stop staring at the Onager and imagining them crawling across my mate's trench board, battle of Hoth style...

I feel like this is my 'home' sub-forum and would like to contribute something, but the new Admech stuff is just so good, I feel like I'll end up pledging over there instead.

Any (non-lethal) thoughts?

Hhhnnnggh I feel the touch of the Omnissiah upon me....Commissars, please, grant me absolution...*click*

Seriously, this will be my first ETL, but right now I don't feel like painting the 4 or 5 infantry squads I have laying about, like Mehman. I guess I have another Punisher and a Valkyrie that've been undercoated for ages, but I'm bored of painting Tallarn Sand.

Meanwhile I cant stop staring at the Onager and imagining them crawling across my mate's trench board, battle of Hoth style...

I feel like this is my 'home' sub-forum and would like to contribute something, but the new Admech stuff is just so good, I feel like I'll end up pledging over there instead.

Any (non-lethal) thoughts?

Well if it's like last year then the admech points combine with ours anyway on the score table so you'd still be on the right side!

Indeed, the Ad Mech are our brothers in arms and did their duty last year (would that we could say the same of the others - their dishonour will long be remembered!) so while you wouldn't be pledging directly for the Guard you would still be fighting under the same banner :)

However don't think this will make you safe from the commissariat, for I venture into the Ad Mech section to offer my support too ;)

Hmm, we combine with the Admech, eh? So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter where I pledge, it's all for the...greater good...no, wait, I didn't me- *BLAM*

So, I guess I will wait to see if the Admech get anything else by the WW reopening, and then if not buy Onagers and make stompy robot walker and laser noises.

Can I make noises if I build and paint a Knight because that would be tops happy.png? Pew pew pew! You can make whirry noises and whooshing sounds, Brother Handro! Then we could paint up a Lord Commissar model and have him yell at us for having fun with the military hardware laugh.png!

Back on a serious note (although robot, airplane, and Commissar noises are awesome), I've got a paint scheme worked out for the Freeblade Imperial Knight. I feel that it could have been easier if someone would have made a blank image of a Knight that we could then put into our favourite painting program and colour at will. Kind of like a colouring sheet, but for 40k enthusiasts.

That certain person would be very popular with a certain "organization" that I belong to. They would certainly be very popular with the "basement dwellers", if you get my meaning? Ok, someone mock-up that blank picture and I'll assure you that presents will be left in your honour on your doorstep. Buttons, paperclips, shiny objects. Liberites don't have much money, ok? We're given, like, 10 USD a year so don't expect anything more than what a raccoon could give.

Archived