ETL IV is coming...

SUPER HEAVY RACE! biggrin.png

I need to get back to mine but my free time keeps getting used which is most rude sad.png

Feel I'm missing out here on the Super Heavies...as I'm without one. If I paint six ogryns holding up a Chimera would that count as Super Heavy?

Think I'm also way behind on preparing for this ETL. A visit from Papa Nurgle to the our_baz household has put my behind in my preparations.

Out of interest guys do you all have an idea of what you want to paint? Or is it more ad hoc depending on life etc? Personally I've lined up 1000 pts of infantry I would like to do commit to vows.

I don't think that counts baz... :P Aside from my Shadowsword the rest is very much dependant on how much time I can get. I think that's a good way of doing things anyway, as the event and vows go on you get less theoretical time to use so best start out big and work your way down, changing the order as your circumstances dictate. So in short; I'll paint as much as I can think I'll get away with in the time frame ;)

I am planning a vehicular painting queue blow out ;)

Baneblade, 3 Medusa/Basilisk, Wyvern/Hydra then I will see how much time I will have left for a Russ or two...

The listed ones will all be primed by the weekend :)

SUPER HEAVY RACE! :D

I need to get back to mine but my free time keeps getting used which is most rude :(

Feel I'm missing out here on the Super Heavies...as I'm without one. If I paint six ogryns holding up a Chimera would that count as Super Heavy?

Think I'm also way behind on preparing for this ETL. A visit from Papa Nurgle to the our_baz household has put my behind in my preparations.

Out of interest guys do you all have an idea of what you want to paint? Or is it more ad hoc depending on life etc? Personally I've  lined up 1000 pts of infantry I would like to do commit to vows.

Well I'm still expecting one more "bitz" delivery sometime next week and I'll have to either grab some more of army painters spay cans(or splash out on an airbrush/compressor combo). After that ill have everything needed for my vow.

I won't start any work on models until mid June(till I get my own place again) so It will be all guns blazing after that. On the plus side I'm doing no infantry this year only tanks and aircraft(managed to assemble and finish a stormlord pretty sharpish for the treads n thrusters challenge)www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289139-dans-death-korps/page-2

So far I've a

super heavy(not sure which variant yet),

leman Russ destroyer,

leman russ vanquisher,

FW tank destroyer,

FW Bombard(most excited about this bad boy)

Fw valk

GW valk

Fw Vulture gunship

Once it's all assembled and primed im fairly confident I'll get it all done.

As Lord Commissar WarriorFish states... The Commissariat expects every Guardsman who submits a vow to the ETL to not fail his duty to The God Emperor of Mankind.

The vow must be completed for the honour of their Regiment and this Forum.

The Commissariat will be taking a dim view of failures and disciplinary action will be taken as required. verymad.gifdevil.gif

Let us try for 100%

I'm looking forward to this, everyone knows what that means right? If you thought the commissariat was everywhere before... ;)

I won't be satisfied until we make that 100%. If that means people start seeing commissars in their dreams then so be it :P

I won't be satisfied until we make that 100%. If that means people start seeing commissars in their dreams then so be it tongue.png

I think you mean nightmares! ph34r.png

I'll be entering the Super Heavy race with a Macharius Vanquisher and a Baneblade. The Greater Good shall not be outdone! I've organised my painting queue into Waves. Wave one is a Destroyer Tank Hunter, Eradicator, and the aforementioned Superheavies. Wave two is a few Sentinels, Hellhounds and possibly a Valkyrie. Third wave is my Artillery of two Manticores and two Wyverns.

I'm just going to see how much I can blitz over the Summer! There's much that's been sitting for a while, and I'm aiming to get the bulk of my force painted for another big Apocalypse game later in the year. Hoping to make a lot of progress and represent the Guard forum well!

I've got some Ratlings lined up for a quick vow too once I've stripped them. What makes a vow good is now what you pledge, but what you complete after all. That's the true mark of a sucker :P

Just a week to go already! Time to get a move on with preparation work...

I have a super heavy that I could potentially paint, but I'm still putting off really getting to grips with my airbrush and tackling vehicles, so although I'd love to get it done it's a definite maybe.

Aside from that I have 2-3 one model vows planned for later on in the event. I might also start with a one model vow to get the ball rolling. Stuff like Lord Commissar, Primaris Psyker, Enginseers etc is perfect for small vows that don't take up too much time and are easy to complete.

I want to get a regimental Command Squad done for my Cadians. I've already painted Lord Snooty, so he needs a squad to go with them. Obviously I'd need to do a new officer for it. Conveniently I have Creed and Kell wanting to be painted, so they'll be added alongside the full allotment of Regimental Advisors and as it's a Regimental Command Squad it'll get all the bells and whistles (Medic, Vox, special weapon).

If I don't do the Baneblade I'm considering an Ogryn/Bullgryn Squad. Or I might do them alongside or instead of one of my one model vows. I also have some Kasrkin that need stripping and re-painting to match my newer Cadians.

Plenty of choices, I just need to make sure it's all prepared and that I do a solid amount of work every day towards the start of the event when I'm at my most enthusiastic.

This is what I like to hear comrades. Good and careful planning so we can hit 100% completion msn-wink.gif

I have ordered a nice Dremel for my nefarious needs along with a stash of magnets that should see me magnetising everything and anything for the foreseeable future. Also somehow a Demolisher managed to fall into my basket. Not sure how that happened, probably the Emperor's will? Another vow option can be no bad thing msn-wink.gif All should be arriving next week so it's just a matter of squeezing in as much preparation work as I can before Friday!

So the Model Fairy came to me today and, in a gruff voice, told me to buy some Ogryns. I told her that was fine and then proceeded to buy them. She then whacked me upside the head with a can of primer sad.png! So rude, that fairy!

Anyway, with the rumours of new Knights on the way, I'm giddy like a schoolgirl waiting for The Doors to perform in 1971 (too specific?). I can complete my Freeblade Knight Band, but that really isn't for talking about here. A few more pieces to glue on this current Super Heavy Walker and it's ready to go for our side happy.png.

Well here's my super heavy basecoated ready to get my paint on. Roll on the 1st!!!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee214/SW1-SWC/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstrnvtpy8.jpg

Was going to undercoat white and try out preshading and then decided I'm better off sticking to techniques I'm confident with. ;)

Archived