ETL IV is coming...

Lol ... I d realise there's bits missing. I've yet to undercoat the main gun, sponson lascannon and the walls for the troop compartment.

Really wish I could go back and magnetise her but the glue was too well bonded. I only managed to get one of the sponson lascannon turrets off without snapping anything important. :(

I've also basecoated the bases for 12 heavy weapons teams.

Think I'm going to get some scenery sprayed to practice on. I can see myself running out of the grey airbrush paint very quickly if I don't watch it.

I feel like I'm the only sucker planning infantry... sad.png

No you're not alone, I too plan to glue some infantry together. After all it's not an IG force without the massed boots on the ground and the millions of Lasgun beams blinding the foul xenos like the strongets sun times two. On the table top it translates to one wound for you oponent to savelaugh.png.

Is it possible to pledge 'just' 10 men with 1 special weapon and 1 hweaponteam?

Or do I need a CCS and 2 of those 10 men to have a legal entry?

And, if I plan to use them as vets (legal entry), can I still pledge hweapon teams..?

Because I have a bunch of old minis who MIGHT see some paint, soon. :)

Running off previous ETL's the different bits (squads) that make up a platoon are all treated as seep rate units for the pledge. So you could do multiple HWS or SWS without pledging to paint up the usual grunt squads and command squads you'd need to have if you were gaming. Same as transports can be pledged without the units riding them

Not long to go until the starting pistol goes off! Has everyone thought about their first vow?

Due to some issues outside of my control I will not get the Shadowsword ready for the starting blocks so I will probably start out with the Ratlings. They should keep me busy until I can have the Shadowsword ready so at least so I shouldn't be losing any ETL time. As I said before, it's all about managing your effective vowing time ;)

My first vow in.... 2 sleeps.... will be the Baneblade. You know it makes sense ;)

Followed by 3 Medusa then the Wyvern then I will be open to the whims of fate. ph34r.png

Remember Guardsmen, The Emperor expects your full commitment and the Commissariat will be there to enforce The Emperors reasonable demand of 100% completion rate.

Thinking about it can any imperial army include assassins the same as any can include knights?

I came across my collection of them last night. ;)

Last years ETL allowed for official 'dataslates' which included for example, the Cypher figure. They were included as long as they belonged to the same 'faction'.

If dataslates are again usable then Assassins are a yes, but... as a fair few things have changed in WH40k the ETL could change too. It will be interesting to see if dataslates will still be included this year.

I will probably vow a single metal catachan squad (10 models), after that who knows: ratlings, a commie ehm.. commissar, pcs or another catachan squad...

It all depends on the first vow/squad. If I can find the inspiration/time/patience it will be allright, otherwise it will just be 1 vow/squad.

And of course I/we go for 100% completion, right..? cool.png

We know nothing other than 100% completion in my house. ;)

Will be good to get underway. Really should have got everything undercoated by now but stripping has been a pain. The end is in sight with the stripping and I have a super heavy to crack on with. :D

The Baneblade is just about ready. Just need to try and sort out some guns the previous owner put on upside-down and then a complete repaint is in order.

When should we expect the official t&c's?

The Baneblade is just about ready. Just need to try and sort out some guns the previous owner put on upside-down and then a complete repaint is in order.

When should we expect the official t&c's?

Tomorrow when the official thread pops up I imagine, we'll have to hold in our excitement until then :D

Archived