++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

"Giselburtus, are you sure?" The Strike Commander asked, an eyebrow cocked, "'Reliable' is not what I'd call the Brass Apostle's lot on a good day,"

The sorcerer's helm smiled wide,

"Oh yes, We are certain of it.  They seek to gain their patron's favor, we need them to shatter the enemy forces, it's mutually beneficial for all parties...though We'd recommend keeping the other Blades' away from them,"

Alphonse scowled at the memory of the conflict.  He'd lost a few of his Nightblades that day, and several hundred slaves.  He'd never enjoyed having dealings with Daemons-best to leave that to the Warmaster, and the Black Priories, he liked ceremite boots on the ground, even if they had differing beliefs, they weren't so ostensibly alien like daemons, though he was a good enough commander to recognize their utility as well as their unreliability.  The Warmaster had been calling for a greater push-the Crimson Path must continue, and the Brass Apostle had claimed he could make good on his promises.  He nodded.

"Did they have a price, or bargain to be met?" He asked, staring at the buzzing tactical hololith showing the displacement of enemy troops.

Giselburtus laughed,

"They want first wave Alphonse,"

"Send them in, by all means, we can't predict how and where the havoc they are going to cause so keep our men far enough back, to secure the relics from them."

Bought some Possessed from Salute 2015 in the UK. Really nice models, and the 32mm bases really give them a presence. I may have to pick some more up in the future for the Daemonkin, they will look nice in the Wrath colour scheme!

I ran 44 hounds last game. Lockup everything with a gun on turn 2 So nothing could shoot the thirster.

Yesssss!

I only have ~40, myself, but my strategy will be the same. What size units of hounds did you use?

I'm waiting on the hounds. Kind of hope new ones are coming as the dodgy rumours suggested, but happy with the old ones.  They've been out since pretty soon after the daemonkin book dropped.  Currently I have:

Bloodthrister of the 6th (assembled, two-handed axe)

Herald (assembled, naked, might model a collar of khorne)

3 Bikes (assembled, axe of khorne, 2x meltas)

20 cultists (based on assembled ungors, to be give autopistols when they arrive, might give a couple flamers)

10 marines (partially assembled, not sure on load out at the minute but axe of Khorne on the boss man)

10 berserkers (ordered, to be made with the WFB box, so pretty big guys)

Mauler Fiend (not made but arrived)

18 Bloodletters (assembled)

Also ordered a load of round bases (25mm and 32mm).  No idea on points but if I can get all that done as part of the ETL I'll be pretty chuffed (it usually takes me an infinite amount of time to finish that amount off).

I ran 44 hounds last game. Lockup everything with a gun on turn 2 So nothing could shoot the thirster.

Yesssss!

I only have ~40, myself, but my strategy will be the same. What size units of hounds did you use?

Units of 14,10,10,10. I’ve been using fantasy chaos war hounds every since the 5th ed daemon codex came out. No one has ever question it not even in tournaments. Did rebase them with biker pill bases but that was purely cosmetic. 

Yesssss!

Units of 14,10,10,10. I’ve been using fantasy chaos war hounds every since the 5th ed daemon codex came out. No one has ever question it not even in tournaments. Did rebase them with biker pill bases but that was purely cosmetic. 

Good stuff. Those would definitely be the best solution for hounds. I went with puppetswar barghest fiends because I love their look, and I'm using the biker bases too. I suppose there are pros and cons to  using a 50mm base, but for ease of transport alone the cavalry bases seem like the way to go.

Excellence in battle is the highest form of worship for all of Khorne's followers. To fight in one of his Daemonic Legions is an honour to which all his servants aspire. Those rewarded by this privilege treat the occasion with the utmost gravity. Death is a serious business, and death in a Legion double so, for are not the eyes of Khorne always upon his most trusted servants?

- excerpt from Realm of Chaos, Slaves to Darkness

The howls of the Daemonkin have called to me since the release of the codex.  With the ETL once more dawning on these forums, I can resist no longer.  Mark my name in the Tome of Blood and let eternal war consume the galaxy.

So i faced a daemonkin army yesterday with my Black Legion yesterday and i managed to slaughter him he had

A terminator lord with sigil and gore drinker

Blood thirster with the d axe

10 man marine squad 9 ccws heavy bolter plasma gun plasma pistol and a fist

8 bezerkers

9 letters

8 letters

8 cultists 7 auto guns shot gun

5 possessed

Vindicator with las rapier

i won 10-6 at maelstrom and i tabled him he wasnt running a blood host detachment

I've commenced work on my ETL vow, Lord on Jugger, 5 Possessed, 24 Berzerkers, 16 Bloodletters, 3 Bloodcrushers, 5 Flesh Hounds and a Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury. Pics will follow when I'm getting closer to completion

Edit: I forgot the Cultists.. :P 16 Cultists too..

So i faced a daemonkin army yesterday with my Black Legion yesterday and i managed to slaughter him he had

8 bezerkers

9 letters

8 letters

5 possessed

i won 10-6 at maelstrom and i tabled him he wasnt running a blood host detachment

What was your list like?

Looks like I'll only end up with 2 Vows if I want that badge of the Hero. Once my current vow is done, I'll be raiding every single remaining Chaos miniature AND buying a Lord of Skulls just to hit 3k points.

On the plus side, by the end of ETL I'll be able to start a new army :smile.:

8 bezerkers

9 letters

8 letters

5 possessed

What was your list like?
Mine was

Nurgle Lord sigil veterans plasma pistol blight grenades spine shiver sword

Daemon prince wings armour tzeench level 3 last memory

5 plague marines votlw 2 plasma guns lightening claw

Rhino dozer blade

5 plague marines votlw 2 plasma gums combi plasma lightening claw

Rhino havoc launcher

Hellbrute multi melta power fist

4 chaos terminators votlw 2 axes 1 sword 1 maul 1 combi flamer 3 combi plasma

5 havocs 4 auto canmons votlw

2 nurgle oblits votlw

Just quick note that if memeber want to get what Warbands they have & there Lord.  I'll get the frist post edit with those during the weekend (Saturday later afternoon/Sunday).

How many Daemonkin warbands will be taken part in the ETL?

Archived