++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

My Wrath lost their first game last night to pure Deathwing.

1. I didnt have enough AP 2.

2. It was Scouring, so Fast Attacks feed points to our opponents.

3. I brought 7 Fast Attacks. :p

Would have been my win other than the Fast Attack getting munched, but thems the breaks!

Yeah would have helped for sure, and is likely the best option considering my current army list. I'm not about to drop in Raptors, or other MCs, as really the core of my list is a majority of my points with the Cult + Gorepack being what it is.

Whilst I added this to my WIP thread, I thought I'd share it here to show off my warlord for my Daemonkin Detachment from my Crimson Slaughter warband.

Lord Thanatos, the Possessed Terminator Lord, combining the very worst traits of the Crimson Slaughter with the power of the Khorne Daemonkin.

Lord Thanatos After 1

SO today went VS a Unbound armu with a heavy Admech theme.

3 Knights, with a full squad of Castelans and an Admech Magospriest or sumthin and 3 Dunecrawlers, so 14 models in total for 2400pts, decide to play this just to test things and for fun.

Played Slaughtercult+gorepack, 2 Maulers 1 Soul Crusher and a second CAD with Bloodthirster, 2 Letters units and Heldrake.

To make it short, my list i s a really bad match for Knights, now the Knights in themselfs din't do much damage, took the Baron or what is it, 5 turns to finally kill of my 8 Hounds+ Jugger lord unit, lots of missed hits and not much D hits on the CC attacks, and since Hounds are 2W each they could soak in a fair amount of the Stomps hits.

I said that my list is a bad match because Knights are AV13( while i still though they had only 12, so my Possesed utility was kinda gimped, why Possesed don't have rending in their rules is beyond me), the dunecrawlers are still AV 12 with a 4++ and the Castellans...din't realise how :cussed up the idea of putting T7 on 3 Wounds MC's with a 3+ save was...

And since my Lord WAs with an Axe+goredrinker he couldn't really do much, wish the goredrinker ruke was "unsaved wounds/PC's" for the tally but hey...

My lord still managed to get the Baron donw to 2 PCs thanks to 2 lucky Melta bombs attacks, but for the rest of the game, my lord couldn't :cussing fix the bomb on the Knight...

Also the Knights failed miserably their shooting phases, either they din't hit, or they din't penetrate.

I managed to wipe the Castelan squad at the end of turn 4, by throwing at it, a Bloodthirster, 1 Khorne CSM 10 man, 5 hounds, 5 Possesed,3 Bikes and 8 Letters...

A few lucky 6's to wound and failed saves+FnP, and a few Decapitations from my Champs with the Khorne Axe., but still...

Maulers where quickly disposed off( unlucky dices whne assaulting a Knight and unlucky saves Vs the castelans myriad of shots).

Managed to summon two times in a row a Skull cannon to add some firepower and armywide FnP helped to mitigate the hurt.

Now i lose by points, since all i got destroyed was 3 hounds units+Lord, 1 bike unit, 1 Letter unit, 1 Skull cannon and the 2 Maulers, while what was left "only" for him was the 3 knights and 3 Dunecrawlers, bu t yeah, i had no illusions, the Knights alone would have been enough...

But din't matter much since while we played we where also savoring a few Beers i've bought with;

http://www.100beers.club/upload/shop_3/2/1/0/item_210/La%20Corne.jpg

This stuff is soooooooo good, brought the glasses and all, a special beer is savored in its special glass, or else there is no meaning, after 8 of those, we where agreeing on a lot of stuff...

Still interessting game, tomorow and sunday there will be a game convention nearby where i life "Operation Dice in Town" its called, will be there to play a few games and drink a few beers...

Question for my fellow Daemonkin players, do you Deep Strike?

I'm finding that Deep Strike as a tactic works well for units with a decent amount of shooting to inflict damage when they drop in, or if I'm up to enough Blood Tithe points to have activated FnP but the whole turn of not being able to move, charge or run seems a bit much.

So since yesterday the SM codex is available in my FLGS, and of what we saw we decided to dub the codex "Reroll Marines".

So today i faced one White Scars and a UM army.

First WS, classic, All bikes with Korsarro a stormraven, a Whirlwind and a Thunderfire cannon Vs my KDK with Slaugther cult, Gorepack +2 Maulers and a second CAD with Skulltaker, 2msu cultists and a LR.

I will try to be short.

Start of the guy second turn he had 5 bikes scattered on the table, the WW and the stormraven still in reserve, while i had lost a msu Bike squad, 5 hounds from different units, the Soul crusher and a Rhino.

He did what a huge portion of people do with units that can scouts when you have a CC oriented army, he came too close to me, and i could assault him turn one, has i din't use the scout move of the Hounds, be cause i knew he was going to anyway, and that i would only have to make the rest of the way to assault.

Today in both games the Hounds performed well, with the WS with their HoW-that i never did since 6th Ed becaus i constantly forget to do it-they killed off 3 Bikes, and finished off the 2 remaining with their attacks.

ANd i also noticed that at every turn i had 6 to 7 Blood tithe points, its amazing at the speed at wich you can generate those in the right conditions.

The UM was a bit trickier, since we dod go to the ...3rd turn...again a Win for me, wich felt really nice.

WHile he had a good shooting phase in the first turn, the combination of my FnP, luck and his unluck made it that from the orogonal 3 LR with 4 TAC squad of 10 splitted, with a Hunter and a Stalker, Ironclad Dread in a Pod with a Chapy and a unit of 5 Assault Centurions, by the start of turn 3, he was left with 2x5 man TAC units, 1 Raider and the Stalker that was with no weapons and immobilized and the Pod, while i had lost 2 Hounds units,1 of the 2 Maulerfiends,1 summoned Skullcannon, 5 possesed, a Bike unit and the Skulltaker.

WHile i had only 5 VP and he had 8, he agree that if we did do a 4th turn, i would completly wipe him, so he decided to cut it short so that we wouldb't take too long to oack our stuffs, and called it my Win.

In both Games my Jugger lord with Goredrinker and Axe of khorne, did well, each time he got the max boosts from goredrinker, second game he destroyed the LR with his Str10, wich was hilarious to see, after that he was quite afraid to come too close with the remaining LR ;p

Excellent. I found in my game against the Deathwing, that if it wasnt 2+ saves, any charge would have left a bloody mess. The number of hits/wounds we can push in CC is really high, and the differences are subtle enough that until you play with the Tithe table, you really dont see its power.

Lets get some activity on here!

I played a game the other day, proxying quite a fair amount of my list of course as I'm still testing bits and pieces. I got murdered by Eldar (6th Ed ones still, my opponent hasn't bought the new one yet).

Main thing I struggled with was the D Thirster. I swooped him first and second turn, but I landed him by the fourth, and a lot of my army was demolished by that point, and he got shot to death before he did a thing. I had a few mistakes, such as buggering the positioning of some of my marines and possessed in rhinos, getting the transports destroyed/immobilised so that they were next to useless. The Eldar list was far from powerful, but it still was nasty. Khorne Dogs are still amazing. My Juggerlord and Spawn wrecked face, and my Soulgrinder was pretty awesome, I'll have to get some of those. Problem is they all died before my Thirster landed, and because of botched deployment/movement, my marines were far behind. 

I'm tempted to use 2 jugger lords rather than 2 D Thirsters in the list I'm planning. They hit harder and last longer with the doggies, and they can become Thirsters if necessary...

Although I love Bloodthristers, so I might just do it anyway...

This was the first list the I purposed to do:

CAD:

HQ

*Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage
*Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

TROOPS

*7x Bloodletters
- 1x Bloodreaper
*7x Bloodletters
-1x Bloodreaper

FAST ATTACK

*Heldrake
*Heldrake

HEAVY SUPPORT

*Maulerfiend
-Lasher Tendrils
*Maulerfiend
-Lasher Tendrils

GOREPACK:

*3x Bikes
-2x Meltaguns, Combi-Melta
*3x Bikes
-2x Meltaguns, Combi-Melta

*5x Fleshhounds
*5x Fleshhounds
*5x Fleshhounds
*5x Fleshhounds

1872pts

As you can see, it's powerful, but it's spammy. I'm not too sure I'd want to play a list like this as it seems fairly boring.

The new one I'm planning is here:

CAD:

HQ

*Chaos Lord, Jugger, Sigil, Power Fist, Axe of Khorne, Blood Forged Armour, Warlord.

*Chaos Lord: Jugger, Sigil, Kor'Lath.

TROOPS

*8 Bloodletters w/ Champion.

*8 Bloodletters w/ Champion.

FAST ATTACK

*Heldrake w/ Baleflamer.

HEAVY SUPPORT

*Maulerfiend.

*Maulerfiend.

*Soul Grinder.

FORMATION: GOREPACK

*6 Bikers: 2 Meltas, 1 Power Maul, Melta Bombs.

*6 Bikers: 2 Meltas, 1 Power Maul, Melta Bombs.

*10 Flesh Hounds.

*10 Flesh Hounds.

1874pts

No Bloodthirsters, but the potential to get one. Much more ground presence in this one, and I feel the 2 Jugger Dog 'Deathstars' will be much harder to deal with than Thirsters would be. Bloodletters would deep strike in to gain objectives. I wanted the bikers to have more presence on the field, so I felt that giving the champ a maul and melta bombs with a bigger unit would be harder to deal with, and could catch up with the dogs too. 

I want Chaos Marines, Beserkers and Possessed, but I feel like they'll get shafted unfortunately, and Bloodletters can do work for a lot cheaper. I'll have a load painted up though for bigger games, and games where I want to try other things.

Cheers!

Yeah I am also wavering on the BT. In larger games sure, but he is counter intuitively slow due to the nerfing of Flying MC's. I'm not sure what I would swap, but getting more AP2 into the list is critical for me.

I like your list, spam doesnt bother me at all however I just want to use what I want to use. :]

Had my first real loss this week with the Daemonkin, due to a no-show player and a guy forgetting a chunk of his miniatures I threw 2500pts up against a combined Space Wolves and Death Korps of Krieg List.

It was a Maelstrom game that my local group is favouring, and whilst the Daemonkin excelled at killing anything they could get their hands on, and soaking up a reasonable chunk of firepower thanks to FnP, I got bottled up inside my own deployment zone as a Storm Eagle, and 6 TWC, plus 3 drop pods worth of Marines all piled on top of me.

Suffice to say, everything that came against me died, and my monsterous Warlord special character once again proved that Goredrinker + Axe of Khorne is a vicious combination, but even with a Gorepack on the field, I needed more mobile troops to actually take and hold objectives, particularly as the local groups boards tend to be played lengthwise

Hard to hunt for the Fallen when you're missing your head. :biggrin.:

It's not the way to get ahead in life.

Oh your a funny one :p

Am I the only one considering allied combos with standard chaos marines

Ie Khorne lord on bike or jugger with the axe of blind fury in a unit of daemon kin hounds. Khârn in a unit of daemon kin letters

I like allying in the AoBF lord on juggernaut over the bike for the extra wound and attack. Haven't tried Khârn yet but there's no reason he wouldn't be as good as always. I prefer running him with marines or berzerkers, though. I sorta hate bloodletters, other than their looks.

I like allying in the AoBF lord on juggernaut over the bike for the extra wound and attack. Haven't tried Khârn yet but there's no reason he wouldn't be as good as always. I prefer running him with marines or berzerkers, though. I sorta hate bloodletters, other than their looks.

I ran him with 20 cultists in my double CAD csm chaos daemon list. He did not a lot in the first game vs admech but vs a unbound sm gk am combo he wrecked face killing

5 gk termies

A storm talon

A librarian

A chimera

Deffo think he earned his points back and some

Archived