++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

I have a hard time fitting in my KDK list in 1750, other than the BT, I dont know that I have much flex so an allied detachment of CSM would be Lord + min Cultist for another Juggerlord probably.

I have a hard time fitting in my KDK list in 1750, other than the BT, I dont know that I have much flex so an allied detachment of CSM would be Lord + min Cultist for another Juggerlord probably.

Good point as crazy as it sounds at 2.5k+ om considering running a cad of csm a cad of daemons and the slaughter cult lulz

Played an Imperial Fist/Sentinels of Terra dude.

Lysander, Termi archiviste, Girdeon something,3 termi squads in 3 Crusaders, 1 razorback, 1 rhino with splitted marines and 10 marines, he used the Land raider formation that makes them ignore all damage chart results excepte for explosion.

Start of my 3rd turn, the poor guy had lysander+3termies, Girdeon and a Land raider left.

He came right at the center of my army with his 3 Land Raiders, they had to be in 6" of each others to benefit their rule, had my Melta bikers explode the center one, no more formation rule.

He immobilized one of my Maulers, killed 3 bikes and 5 Hounds, and destroyed my Raider

He got 2 of his Termi squads surrounded by my Zerkers+Skulltaker out of the Raider, my Possesed squad , my CSM squad and a cultist unit, waaaaayyyy too much attacks on thoses termies for them to survive, Skulltaker landed a hit and wounded the Libriarian, my Zerker champ killed him off.

My hounds did great once again, locking 2 Marines squad in place in the far end of the table, they din't contribute to anything in the game, killed a few marines here and there( did not have great rolls with them), Second Maulerfiend destroyed one of the remaining raiders, the termies came out, managed to kill 4 of them in the ensuing CC phase( none of his attacks penetrated my hull), then finished off the sergeant in the next phase.

I really like KDK.

So, I'm starting a Khorne Daemonkin army alongside the Nine Legions, mostly so I've got something to switch to painting-wise if I fancy painting something and it doesn't fit with whatever Legion I'm working on at the time, but also just as an extra army option where I feel a bit less constrained. I have a very specific vision for the Legions, these guys I can have a bit more of a faff around.

Now I have no real idea what I'm doing, so school me: what's hot, what's not? If it could somehow incorporate these guys...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0265.jpg

... that'd be awesome. I appreciate that might be a tough ask, LC Termies are not the worlds most efficient unit at the best of times. The guy with the trophy racks is the Lord.

Dragonlover

I think depending on the points size you normally run at, those guys will still tear stuff up, but we retain the same limitations as CSM, how do you deliver efficiently, that unit?

The hotness in Daemonkin is the speed of the list. You can everything moving 12, and hitting hard when it arrives.

2k as a rule, but there's a pretty good chance that that's about to become the size my games start at as opposed to end at.

They may well end up being split into two smaller units so I can use the Termy/Jugger formation and fit them into a Blood Host without CAD shenanigans.

Dragonlover

Can somebody fix the typo in the title? I hate to be that guy, but it's been driving me crazy for months.

Haha, you're not the only one! I'm just happy it wasn't "Deamonkin" but only an innocent typo. :tongue.:

@Dragonlover: Your best bet is to Deep Strike them in. If you have a number of fast moving threats in the army, then you don't want 8 of them to be footslogging up the field. Also, Land Raiders are 250 odd points, that can be easily taken out due to the abundance of D weaponry, melta and grav shenanigans. Have plenty of hounds, bikes, marines in rhinos, spawn etc to take the attention away. Also, if you're putting so many points into that unit, I'd add a cheap lord in Terminator Armour and a Chainfist/Lightning Claw for some Anti Tank! 

It is Daemonkin, the proper way to spell Daemon is, well.... Daemon :wink: EDIT: Understandable Insane Pyschopath :) Are you looking at doing a Daemonkin attachment to your Iron Warriors? I think it would be pretty cool!

Also, played a a game against the new Eldar, got obliterated. I was a bit miffed off, but I couldn't do much. Fast moving army, got shot to death, fell for bait and failed charges. Frustrating playing against them... was a Footdar list too! 

Heldrakes are a must. 1 Flamer, 1 Autocannon. Just to add that extra threat to the army. The more I play, I see that the Slaughtercult really limits the list, you're always better with a CAD with the Gorepack tacked on. Dem Heldrakes are too handy (even though I haven't bought one yet...)

It's not the Slaughtercult that's the limit, it's the Blood Host detachment but playing it without really hampers your ability to generate Blood Tithe points, causing you to loose that army wide FnP

Smallest Blood Host I can build is around 700 points, but that includes a 240pt Warlord. which is the Possessed, 2 squads of Blood Letters and a Helbrute or Soulgrinder as the auxillary choice.

For 1500pt games, I've tended to take an extra CAD to get a free choice of units, though that comes at the expense of the bonus power on those units.

Topic title edit.  Also say bare in mind I have semantic pragmatic disorder, a forum of autism, asperger & dyslexia.  Spelling mistake will happen.

Understood, and hopefully my comment was taken in good fun as intended. If not, apologies for not being sensitive to such things.

Topic title edit.  Also say bare in mind I have semantic pragmatic disorder, a forum of autism, asperger & dyslexia.  Spelling mistake will happen.

Understood, and hopefully my comment was taken in good fun as intended. If not, apologies for not being sensitive to such things.

Don;t worry about it :D  Just wanted to point out.

@Dragonlover: Your best bet is to Deep Strike them in. If you have a number of fast moving threats in the army, then you don't want 8 of them to be footslogging up the field. Also, Land Raiders are 250 odd points, that can be easily taken out due to the abundance of D weaponry, melta and grav shenanigans. Have plenty of hounds, bikes, marines in rhinos, spawn etc to take the attention away. Also, if you're putting so many points into that unit, I'd add a cheap lord in Terminator Armour and a Chainfist/Lightning Claw for some Anti Tank! 

Good points, especially about the anti-tank Lord. Might have to slip a CAD into my list somewhere... I should probably write a list, so I at least have a vague idea of what to build/paint.

Dragonlover

Cool dragon. I've been working on spawn using jugger bits leftover from the bikes.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QpmDy1dly0Q/VZEtXc5_ZRI/AAAAAAAAAcc/oPFg3b75VD0/s2048-no/IMG_1480.JPG

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uFpopk5XTGY/VZEtWxYEOgI/AAAAAAAAAcU/S7IF9fhbgVY/s2048-no/IMG_1479.JPG

It's not the Slaughtercult that's the limit, it's the Blood Host detachment but playing it without really hampers your ability to generate Blood Tithe points, causing you to loose that army wide FnP

Smallest Blood Host I can build is around 700 points, but that includes a 240pt Warlord. which is the Possessed, 2 squads of Blood Letters and a Helbrute or Soulgrinder as the auxillary choice.

For 1500pt games, I've tended to take an extra CAD to get a free choice of units, though that comes at the expense of the bonus power on those units.

I don't have my book with me so I can't check, but don't you have to take an actual formation with the slaughter ultimate or does just the one heavy option satisfy the requirement for the bloodhost?

For units, Bikes, Flesh Hounds and Maulerfiends all seem pretty good. I'm currently thinking of a Slaughter Cult and Gore Pack to satisfy Blood Host requirements, with a CAD so I can run my Terminators. If the extra Troops work out too expensive I'll get some Bloodcrushers and run the... Brazen Onslaught?

Equipment wise... I actually came in here to ask about that. Whats the best load out for squad leaders? I seem to remember people saying the Axe of Khorne, but for all I know I've imagined that entirely. For the squad members I'm thinking a couple of units with meltas and a couple with plasma.

Dragonlover

Archived