++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

A point to consider about Bloodcrushers, they're effectively Chaos Spawn, with a 5++ save and an AP3 attack. Against MEQ qualitiy enemies, they're not a complete waste of points.

When they're not getting instagibbed by meltas and rocket launchers, or failing two out of every three bolter wounds, they're awesome. But as the game is right now, it's near impossible to get them in combat. The formation is cool cause with the bonus attack, plus rage or +1attack from the blood tithe, you're killing a five man marine unit with the bloodhunter alone. But you'll get maybe one round of combat only if you take more than one unit and then they'll die a horrible, expensive death in your opponents next shooting phase.

A point to consider about Bloodcrushers, they're effectively Chaos Spawn, with a 5++ save and an AP3 attack. Against MEQ qualitiy enemies, they're not a complete waste of points.

When they're not getting instagibbed by meltas and rocket launchers, or failing two out of every three bolter wounds, they're awesome. But as the game is right now, it's near impossible to get them in combat. The formation is cool cause with the bonus attack, plus rage or +1attack from the blood tithe, you're killing a five man marine unit with the bloodhunter alone. But you'll get maybe one round of combat only if you take more than one unit and then they'll die a horrible, expensive death in your opponents next shooting phase.

This aint exactly true vs most armies they are fine vs eldar they kinda suck but what dosent vs eldar

So got 4 games in with daemonkin today lost 2 drew 1 won 1. Definately like this army.hut as im used to a nurgle army the toughness drop.is shocking haha.

I was told that the only way to go battle forged is to take the slaughter cult and that i cannot take a cad is this true

not true, you can go cad and be battleforged just like normal.

So got 4 games in with daemonkin today lost 2 drew 1 won 1. Definately like this army.hut as im used to a nurgle army the toughness drop.is shocking haha.

I was told that the only way to go battle forged is to take the slaughter cult and that i cannot take a cad is this true

not true, you can go cad and be battleforged just like normal.

Cheers. Im working towards getting a slaughter cult up and running.just having fun running.my list right.now. its nice to have a codex which rewards me for playing fluffy

This aint exactly true vs most armies they are fine vs eldar they kinda suck but what dosent vs eldar

I don't know, I haven't had luck with them against anyone. Most armies have enough firepower that bloodcrushers just get murdered before reaching combat. Sometimes I'll get lucky and my opponent will focus on the hounds instead but after that first combat they'll deal with them. And in reality, dealing with bloodcrushers only take about two units worth of shooting .

I don't know, I haven't had luck with them against anyone. Most armies have enough firepower that bloodcrushers just get murdered before reaching combat. Sometimes I'll get lucky and my opponent will focus on the hounds instead but after that first combat they'll deal with them. And in reality, dealing with bloodcrushers only take about two units worth of shooting .
Run them alongside a gore pack lol. Il be.honest i think i like all of the formations ive looked at tbh

Also whats everyones favorite artefact mine right now is the gore drinket

I have run bloodcrushers and had good luck.  

The way I see it the enemy is forced into a trade off.  They can focus the bloodcrushers and kill them then get hit by everything else or they can kill everything else and get hit by the bloodcrushers.

They might take some finesse to use, also.  I run 8 of them with a herald, so 9 bodies; they take up a ton of space giving me lots of options where they can assault.  They move fast and I multi-assault them.  With maybe a +1 attack tithe and re-rolls with the hatred from the herald and furious charge they kill everything almost.

Add feel no pain and I am going places.

£90 for the Khorne Knight, and £110 for the Chaos Knight. Not too bad prices, especially the Khornate knight (more pics in the Rumour Section). Since the LoS is already so much money wise, it makes sense that these would probably better for the long range fire power and anchor in our lines than LoS. Last thing to look for now is the points and rules, as they are the true deal breaker. But, at the moment, its looking good for us!

Excellent news

I have a couple of questions for anyone who plays slaughter cult

1) what 2nd unit should i go.for for my.conpulsory 2-8 chaos marines or blood letters or bezerkers? I already have a unit if 8 chaos marines in a rhino

2) im planning.on.investing.in.more of the units available in the slaughter cult than the minimum. Does anyone else do this

I'll have a say for you mate :smile.:

*I'd go with a unit of Bloodletters. Cheap, fills the requirement, and can be Deep Struck in for a distraction. My bloodletters never do much, but the extra target they offer is useful! Or you can go full mental and add some more CSM's / Berserkers. Either can do well. In a 3000 points game I'm half way through in at the moment, I have 12 Beserkers going toe to toe with Banshess tagged along with Jain Zar the Phoenix Lord. Although Be'lakor's invisibility is working wonders there... And a problem is getting into combat, however when you're supplying so many targets for the opponent to choose froml it can help!

*Spawn and Cultists are good, and really do benefit from the extra things. Not the most competitive choice, but if you're like me and play semi-casual games, then its a good pick to fill it out. 

Another point for everyone:

I'm currently playing a 3000 point game, just having a break from it, CSM with an attached Slaughtercult against Footdar Eldar (with some tanks and flyers thrown in). Its been a good game so far, but with his reserves coming in (Jetbikes and Swooping Hawks) on turn 3, time is looking short. Abbadon was overwatched into oblivion by some D-Scythes, evil damn things, but a mistake on my part as I wasn't clear on the overwatch rules for templates. I've found that having a Psyker phase is too useful to have, the buffs are necessary for survival. There is no point trying to out-psychic Eldar with enemy targeting spells... 

Focusing on the KDK department, I've found what I've missed is shooting and psykers as I have with my Iron Warriors. They really do help combat some of the problems we have in general.

Finally, my KDK lord is about to get D-Scythed along with his Possessed, but I managed to put in an Axe of Kor'lath on him, so I'll kill him with my Bloodthirster next turn, hahahahahahahhahahhaahahahahahahahahaha!

I have run bloodcrushers and had good luck.

The way I see it the enemy is forced into a trade off. They can focus the bloodcrushers and kill them then get hit by everything else or they can kill everything else and get hit by the bloodcrushers.

They might take some finesse to use, also. I run 8 of them with a herald, so 9 bodies; they take up a ton of space giving me lots of options where they can assault. They move fast and I multi-assault them. With maybe a +1 attack tithe and re-rolls with the hatred from the herald and furious charge they kill everything almost.

Add feel no pain and I am going places.

I ran them in chaos daemons as a large unit and would hit them with the grimoire. Have only done small units in kdk, I'll try to give it a go with a larger unit and hope I have some luck with it.

What's a kytan? Also I need to buy a knight soon too

It's the forge world walker version of the lord of skulls.

YES! YES! YES! It doesn't suck!

It's missing some of the rules from the Skulldozer, and has less shots, but oh well. It isn't 888 points, so it's cool. Also, WS/Initiative 5!

It's a trade-off with WS, for this one. Hitting knights on a 3+, will never need 5+ to hit WS10 (unless debuffed), has Fleet so it can re-roll run/charge, has Crusader so it can use 2 dice and pick highest when running, 6 attacks on the charge, and Daemonforge to reroll wounds is pretty awesome. Based on RAW I can see people arguing that it doesn't apply to the Destroyer table, though. Still, with only BS3 it will help when shooting Wraithknights. IWND for a shot at healing HP isn't bad, either.

I will say that it's really stupid that it isn't a Daemon of Khorne, or at least a Daemon aligned with Khorne. It clearly is a Khornate unit... Oh well, Grimoire of True Names and Cursed Earth will still bring it up to a 3++.

Fleet also gives an extra dice for run moves.  The way I read it he gets 3 dice take the highest to run.

Fleet only lets you re-roll one or more dice for run/charge ranges. It would be awesome if it added a die to the mix.

Archived