[HH1.0] The Sons of Barbarus : A Death Guard Tactica Thread

Artillery gun line. Medusas, quads and heavy squads, do have deathshroud or gravewardens to act as bodyguard and a Spartan tho. I have both a typhoon and morty but can't include both.

And as for grav imploders..... I have my own reductor force

I've used the typhoon one game and id did ok. Not any better then my two medusas did tho. Morty eats most things but really need a bodyguard and Spartan which makes the points spiral out of control a bit. Unless u run him solo.

I've used the typhoon one game and id did ok. Not any better then my two medusas did tho. Morty eats most things but really need a bodyguard and Spartan which makes the points spiral out of control a bit. Unless u run him solo.

For hilarity though you can fit him, two Deathshroud and a Primus Medicae in a Dreadclaw. If it's shot down you just tank with Mortarion now having FNP.

Otherwise you're pretty much guaranteed to get Morty where he needs to be to start his teleporting shadow dance of doom.

I run reaping pretty much all the time, have two deathstorms that never see daylight.

I found Morty with a bodyguard actually made him easier to kill due to majority touhness rule. Take him in with Spartan, leave unit on disembark, hit tso targets simultaneous... maybe?

I generally run a Cataphractii Praetor with Scythe these days. Cheap as chips.

A Praetor with Cataphractii armour and a Power Scythe costs 145 points. A Praetor with an Iron Halo and a Power Scythe costs 145 points. Both have identical armour and invulnerable saves. The Cataphractii Praetor cannot sweep/overwatch/run, and is bulky, but has a better gun and access to cheaper guns like combi-weapons (by a small discount). So the non-Terminator has a slim list of advantages.

I have two Praetors, one modelled as a Terminator, one without. It's really just about rule of cool. A Terminator Praetor can rapid fire something like plasma and then charge, which a normal Praetor cannot do, As I don't run a Praetor around the board, and have Grave Wardens/Deathshroud for overwatch, and DG have negative modifier to sweeping anyway, I don't think there's a significant disparity between the two. The only time I run him in artificer armour is when with Deathshroud or in smaller games with no Terminators at all, as they can sweep/run and there's no point in having him slow them down.

I have 2 terminator praetors' one is calas one is in tartaros with a paragon blade. He is so much better with the shroud. Calas/cata praetor is better with wardens. Put the same armours together to get the benefits.

Other than rule of cool, Tartaros offers you basically nothing over Iron Halo + Artificer. A Praetor in Tartaros + Paragon Blade is 5 points more expensive than an Artificer/Halo Praetor with a Paragon. I'd take the +1 invul over a slightly better bolter any day

Other than rule of cool, Tartaros offers you basically nothing over Iron Halo + Artificer. A Praetor in Tartaros + Paragon Blade is 5 points more expensive than an Artificer/Halo Praetor with a Paragon. I'd take the +1 invul over a slightly better bolter any day

And you can use grenades in an Artificer Armour. Edited by Gorgoff

Aside - HH is staying 7th Ed for now from the FAQ.

Re the armour if you use reaping there is only the sweeping advance vs relentless (thats not relentless but it is relentless...) as a difference between the two armours. That and i generally roll with a cataphractii squad anyway.

I just like the armour i guess.