+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I find the WIP blogs on here really helpful. Loads of suggestions that can help take things forward.

But ditto for me over the ETL next year. Prepare before hand. Get your work area sorted. Chose your vows so that if you have some boring stuff, have some interesting stuff to work on in there too.

Although, I would have thought I'd be done with my Daemonkin by that point, so not sure I'd be working on chaos. What I am thinking about is a Lost and Damned based on Beastmen. I do love my Beastmen.

Or maybe a Slaanesh warband? Ha, chainaxe to that idea. I got into chaos in the RoC times where the whole point was fighting the deluded followers of the other gods.

*wakes up, instinctively checks Strategium, remembers event is over*

ForceMajeure: Do a project log. Stick a link in your sig, and make sure you post stuff to it. Even if I never comment, I'll read it, and I'll comment because I always do.

That reminds me, need to do this weeks Showcase once I'm on an actual computer.

Dragonlover

Definitely a +1 for logs, a great way of tracking people's work thereafter and throughout competition seasons! Dragonlover's fantastic thread showcase is so helpful in helping to publicise ones you may have missed or need to see - and they're always great to follow!

Uveron I am stealing some of your hazard stripe locations. The Chimeras look awesome. Do you use painters tape for the tanks? If so (or anyone else really) where do you get it from. I used to be able to get model sized painters tape from the local craft store but that was about 8 years ago and I have not found anything since. 

And I finally took pictures of my completed vow, many more details will be up in my WIP. I was so burnt out painting by the end of this thing, but now as soon as there are no more deadlines I want to paint again. Go figure haha.

11825954_10153512891154467_8735233449213

Great work, guys! To my pity I can't paint my second small vow up to my current painting standards in to given time.

Havocs are almost completed and bikes only basecoated.

May be it is a Path of Chaos after all - to break the oaths?! yes.gif

@Steve Shields. 

I just go by Eye, To start with I paint the area Yellow, then mark on some black lines.. Then Fill in the Black, and then add more yellow to make it look better. 

On bigger sections I will draw on lines before painting black paint, using a ruler to make them even. 

@Steve Shields. 

I just go by Eye, To start with I paint the area Yellow, then mark on some black lines.. Then Fill in the Black, and then add more yellow to make it look better. 

On bigger sections I will draw on lines before painting black paint, using a ruler to make them even. 

On bigger things, I definitely do it that way - draw it out. Anything smaller is generally by hand. Sometimes, there are a few bits that aren't perfect - but sometimes adds to the charm...

Looks great Steve - a top completion. I'm looking forward to a photo of all the stuff I painted... and indeed, perhaps even a whole Death Guard collective shot...

Uveron I am stealing some of your hazard stripe locations. The Chimeras look awesome. Do you use painters tape for the tanks? If so (or anyone else really) where do you get it from. I used to be able to get model sized painters tape from the local craft store but that was about 8 years ago and I have not found anything since. 

And I finally took pictures of my completed vow, many more details will be up in my WIP. I was so burnt out painting by the end of this thing, but now as soon as there are no more deadlines I want to paint again. Go figure haha.

Hidden Content

First, here's a linky to an excellent provider of masking tapes.

Second: As many as your painted models this ETL are, I bet I could give you a run for your money in terms of painting output, if only I had you kind of money to spend on such large models! ;)

Hidden Content

First, here's a linky to an excellent provider of masking tapes.

Second: As many as your painted models this ETL are, I bet I could give you a run for your money in terms of painting output, if only I had you kind of money to spend on such large models! ;)

yup me too, and steve ill let you know i do accept donations of baneblades and other superheavys if you just have them laying about ;)

I mean I'll be selling two of the shadowswords that are not in good enough condition for my new standards haha but giving away is a bit much. More than having a lot of money to buy dudes, I have just a stockpile of massive proportions of grey dudes from over the years.

@Augustus thanks for the link. Hell if you could teach me to paint like you I would buy you stuffs :P

the line idea for the larger areas is simple but brilliant, I never thought of that but duh that would be so much better.

I mean I'll be selling two of the shadowswords that are not in good enough condition for my new standards haha but giving away is a bit much. More than having a lot of money to buy dudes, I have just a stockpile of massive proportions of grey dudes from over the years.

@Augustus thanks for the link. Hell if you could teach me to paint like you I would buy you stuffs :P

the line idea for the larger areas is simple but brilliant, I never thought of that but duh that would be so much better.

He airbrushes Steve. Cuts the time it takes down a hell of a lot ;)

Black Legion Totals

A combination of jet lag, insomnia, and a desire to once again look through the pages of this year's ETL, has lead me to do math. I have decided to add up the total points of Black Legion models that counted for ETL. I am sure that errors have been made so I have shown my work. Let me know if I made mistakes.

13,049 points of Black Legion!

We are returned!

Eldrick Shadowblade. 601

B E N I. 1172

Vesper. 925

Thamier. 3,824

Midnight Runner 225

Razblood I. 4,091

Malisteen. 894

Tenebris. 500

Carrack. 632

Aafresser 185

Black Legion Totals

A combination of jet lag, insomnia, and a desire to once again look through the pages of this year's ETL, has lead me to do math. I have decided to add up the total points of Black Legion models that counted for ETL. I am sure that errors have been made so I have shown my work. Let me know if I made mistakes.

12,864 points of Black Legion!

We are returned!

Eldrick Shadowblade. 601

B E N I. 1172

Vesper. 925

Thamier. 3,824

Midnight Runner 225

Razblood I. 4,091

Malisteen. 894

Tenebris. 500

Carrack. 632

You forgot my Black Legion Chosen squad

Hidden Content

He airbrushes Steve. Cuts the time it takes down a hell of a lot ;)

True story, although nowadays just for the base colour coat and for horns. With an airbrush that takes only minutes. The blue on my vehicles, for example, takes me no more than fifteen - and that's four colours and some pretty hefty highlighting. If you'd apply that to your colour scheme, steve, you'd paint a baneblade in thirty minutes. The only restriction would be the drying time of the paint before being able to safely apply masking tape for the hazard stripes.

Black Legion Totals

13,049 points of Black Legion!

We are returned!

Eldrick Shadowblade. 601

B E N I. 1172

Vesper. 925

Thamier. 3,824

Midnight Runner 225

Razblood I. 4,091

Malisteen. 894

Tenebris. 500

Carrack. 632

Aafresser 185

Glory to the Black Legion!

I certainly had fun. As I noted on my Facebook page after I posted my completion here, I've painted more models in 2 months time than in the last couple of YEARS (across various systems, not just 40K). 

It's the most effective form of motivation I find: it's the element of competition yet with the elements of camaraderie that help to inspire and compel in equal measure. I tend to get great quantities done during these periods, as my productivity goes through the roof!

Great to see we're all looking forward to the Call of Chaos already - the spirit amongst the frater is superb.

Archived