Ad Mech Today

Those look awesome, but you'll need to re-pose the heck outta the Sicarians to get them on there. Be prepared to do some puttying, pinning and bending to get them to stick to those bases! happy.png

Those look awesome, but you'll need to re-pose the heck outta the Sicarians to get them on there. Be prepared to do some puttying, pinning and bending to get them to stick to those bases! happy.png

I agree with Vel'cona on this.

Furthermore, today I will continue working on my Onager. Basecoat of Jokaero orange is on the hull and weapon.

Finished my pre undercoat work on my Kataphron breachers.  Can now use them with either Torsion cannons or arc cannons-as well as being able to use them as 30k Myrmidon Destructors with all the weapon options.

That and finished my 8th of 9 Castellax.

Almost done with Vow 2 - just need to slap Martian Ironearth.

Think I'll break and eat an orange. No wait, on second thoughts, I need to base first, it takes forever to dry.

Going to assemble my Knight Warden tonight. 

Perhaps the other 3 Kataphron Destroyers too (fairly fast to assemble). 

Once that is done, I think everything I assembled for my primary army list. Of course, I still have 1 Onager, 1 Balistarii and 20 skitarii models to assemble... But hey. Once I am done with the primary stuff. I can take it more easy and take my time with the rest. 

I find the more I use the Ironearth, the more I like it. It's really a self-detailing basing material, and it gives super consistent results. The biggest downside is that the bottles don't go very far, and they're going to be more expensive soon. Good thing I stocked up last week!

Having assembled a squad of Sicarian Infiltrators last night, I kind of agree that they're a bit oddly proportioned for the base size. That said, they're posed in a way that a 32mm base simply wouldn't work, thanks to their giant stick-insect legs. There's definitely a lot of potential to pose them in a more dynamic way, but I'm far too lazy for that given I want to get the first vow done before Monday, so I can get the remainder of my stuff into a second vow. PAINT PAINT!!! blink.png

I find the more I use the Ironearth, the more I like it.  It's really a self-detailing basing material, and it gives super consistent results.  The biggest downside is that the bottles don't go very far, and they're going to be more expensive soon.  Good thing I stocked up last week!

I think I have bought a total of 8 pots now. Finished of 4 of them already. Good thing we have a nice deal on paint at our local game store. Buy 4 pay for 3 (basically its actually less than 3 even... its like pay for 2.8 pots). 

But... it is a huge amount of paint to invest on large bases... which is not uncommon with the Mechanicum forces...

I finally got motivated and spray primed all of the models i've been meaning to begin working on. Time to begin slapping paint on these Kastelans and Sicarians!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/InsaneDwarf/20150527_153120_zpsby7kt6wx.jpg

I'll be posting a mars basing tutorial in the tutorial forum section sometime today as well, nothing too special though. The defining thing for my bases is the rock placement and drybrushing.

Did you vow these models Gorthaur?

Nope, i've never taken any vows unsure.png (im assuming that means setting a hard goal to complete models in a certain amount of time).

Not at all a hard goal. Go up to the ETL mechanicus strategium thread stickied at the top of the subforum. :)

I find the more I use the Ironearth, the more I like it. It's really a self-detailing basing material, and it gives super consistent results. The biggest downside is that the bottles don't go very far, and they're going to be more expensive soon. Good thing I stocked up last week!

Having assembled a squad of Sicarian Infiltrators last night, I kind of agree that they're a bit oddly proportioned for the base size. That said, they're posed in a way that a 32mm base simply wouldn't work, thanks to their giant stick-insect legs. There's definitely a lot of potential to pose them in a more dynamic way, but I'm far too lazy for that given I want to get the first vow done before Monday, so I can get the remainder of my stuff into a second vow. PAINT PAINT!!! blink.png

Yes iron earth for the win....which reminds me,to base all my stuff present and future i will need to probably get another 4-5 bottles as well blink.png

@ Vel'Cona (or anyone with the knowledge) with the Sicarians....im going to make infiltrators with the main bodies of the Sicarian box but i had and idea to make some Rust-stalkers out of ranger bodies with rusty heads & weapons...is the scale for this ok or will the Sicarian parts be too big ?? also do you get only a single set of arms in the Sicarian box i.e. will i need to mod my ranger arms to accept the rusty's weapons??

Thanx in advance & a Virtual Cog shaped Cookie to anyone that can help biggrin.png

cheers, Mithril

Yes iron earth for the win....which reminds me,to base all my stuff present and future i will need to probably get another 4-5 bottles as well blink.png

@ Vel'Cona (or anyone with the knowledge) with the Sicarians....im going to make infiltrators with the main bodies of the Sicarian box but i had and idea to make some Rust-stalkers out of ranger bodies with rusty heads & weapons...is the scale for this ok or will the Sicarian parts be too big ?? also do you get only a single set of arms in the Sicarian box i.e. will i need to mod my ranger arms to accept the rusty's weapons??

Thanx in advance & a Virtual Cog shaped Cookie to anyone that can help biggrin.png

cheers, Mithril

The rusty's heads will require greenstuff to fit on the ranger bodies. the arms will fit perfectly, but if you are modding ranger arms with rusty weapons, you are going to have to do some chop + glue work

cheers, Mithril

The rusty's heads will require greenstuff to fit on the ranger bodies. the arms will fit perfectly, but if you are modding ranger arms with rusty weapons, you are going to have to do some chop + glue work

Just to stack with this, remember you can use spare pistol/ccw arms from the Skitarii Alphas to do this conversion work, if needed. You could also try Tempestus Scion heads if you want a similar look with slightly less work. Post the results, please! happy.png

Started basing th'Warden today!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy112/BrotherHandro/59d17a24-cdbf-4757-854c-d32d92b7cda0_zpsi2tyo8zc.jpg

I thought it would be a hassle building this kit but it was a breeze! Expecting to hit the wall with the painting instead... dry.png

Been working the past week to finish my current models. Only the last Kastellan to go, then I am ready for a few more saturday msn-wink.gif

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag255/Hajrian/smith_zpsb0hnetkf.jpg

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag255/Hajrian/army%20skits_zps0ijymtyr.jpg

I got the knight used for a discount, but sadly with no transfers, so it is sort of improvised, until I figure out to do something else or buy them of ebay.

cheers, Mithril

Just to stack with this, remember you can use spare pistol/ccw arms from the Skitarii Alphas to do this conversion work, if needed. You could also try Tempestus Scion heads if you want a similar look with slightly less work. Post the results, please! happy.png

Thanks heaps Vel'Cona... for the life of me i didn't think to use the spare alpha arms thumbsup.gif 2x Cog Cookies for you my friend biggrin.png

and yes i'll post pics of the 2 squads when i'm done...they will be my next vow for ETL IV.

1 of infiltrators and 1 of Rust Rangers(rust stalkers with ranger bodies)

whats the best kit out for rusty's by the way??? the infiltrators will be taser goad/ flechette blaster.

cheers, Mithril

Archived