WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

I get why people aren't thrilled by Sigismund's pose. However, when I see it, all I can picture is this scene from Gladiator. Sorry for the terrible screenshot quality, it was the only one I could find!

So in my mind, he's not yielding ground - he's a split-second away from stabbing someone in the mouth.

I agree. It looks to me a bit like he's side-stepped or taking a backwards step to avoid a strike, and is about to lunge forwards.

Overall, I like the pose, but am 50/50 on the head. Need to see it closer up.

Are you people seriously trying to justify Guilliman getting potentially 4 rerolls per turn? Seriously?

And in the same breath, dismiss any opinion of negativity towards the Ultramarines.

WLK

Its an extremely WAAC train of thought, which to me is the very antithesis of 30K. There's not much negative to say about the Ultramarine rules. They're definitely not weak, they're not the scariest either. They balance good rules with high cost. But trying to pull the "4 rerolls per turn" garbage is just as cheesy and annoying as Invisible Lorgar.

Are you people seriously trying to justify Guilliman getting potentially 4 rerolls per turn? Seriously?

And in the same breath, dismiss any opinion of negativity towards the Ultramarines.

WLK

Its an extremely WAAC train of thought, which to me is the very antithesis of 30K. There's not much negative to say about the Ultramarine rules. They're definitely not weak, they're not the scariest either. They balance good rules with high cost. But trying to pull the "4 rerolls per turn" garbage is just as cheesy and annoying as Invisible Lorgar.
Would you rather have Invisible Lorgar or "I'm almost as good at making my points back as Nagash but I can hide in a unit" Lorgar. I can't wait to take advantage of his Malefic, especially now that I get to pick powers.

It hardly seems WAAC to me. I took it to read as once per phase, (as in movement , psychic, etc.) It even says "particular phase". To me that's just RAI.

It hardly seems WAAC to me. I took it to read as once per phase, (as in movement , psychic, etc.) It even says "particular phase". To me that's just RAI.

This is my thoughts as well.  I am not trying to min-max or be cheesy.  Guilliman has a 4++ invul that allows for 1 re-roll for a failed save per phase.  It is a nice bonus, but it still pales to having a 3++ invul. 

I also read it as a re-roll every phase.  It hadn't even occurred to me that there could be another way to read it.  I do think it's way more powerful than it might seem, and it is straight up more powerful than a 3++ until you start losing more than one wound a phase, which is extremely difficult to achieve in practice.

I will never play the traitorous Ultramarines, so unless you want to accuse me of LAAC thinking, you could just chalk it up to an honest difference of opinion.

WLK

I don't know any other way to read it.  "Phase" means a very specific thing in 30/40k, and it says one per phase.  I can concede that the wording is a little strange and awkward (the usual for Forgeworld), and it may yet get FAQ'd, but I don't see how you can get around the use of 'phase' there.

The rules are very clear on this matter.

He can re-roll the first failed invul save he has to make in a movement, psychic, shooting and assault phase, and it repeats each turn.

He could be hit by a vector strike/interceptor in the movement phase, the rest are pretty obvious.

Why are people so outraged? Sounding like the typical Ultramarines hate. There are far more cheesy abilities Lorgar can spam for example...

On Sigismund's pose, I do agree with the earlier comment that applying real-world sword techniques is not a valid approach. 

As someone who is a saber duelist, all my guards, strikes, counter-strikes and maneuvers are built with several underlying principles - neither me nor my opponent is armoured, my objective is to slash at the face, sides or arms, not to stab or cleave and that the speed of combat is quite high. When facing off against someone using a different weapon - a rapier, longsword, heck, I've even gone against a quarterstaff once or twice and the rules become different, it's much more chaotic and unpredictable as every weapon, and school of training within that weapon family can vary significantly. 

The rules for armoured swordplay is also a further variable; honest military longsword fighting is about using one's blade as a can opener, for lack of a better word. Armour can deflect most blows we use in conventional fencing with contemptous ease, requiring one strike at and pry at joins and weak points. Given reduced ability to maneuver in heavy armour, plate in particular and the whole affair becomes a lot less about proper finesse and footwork and more about raw brutality and what a too-sensitive sport fencer would call "cheating." Kicks, punches, tackles, double-teaming an opponent, bashes, pommel strikes, all manner of things designed to exhaust, abuse and frustrate the opponent. 

Add in powered armour and "power-fields" and the whole dynamic changes again - I'd expect a more finesse-based approach than medieval swordplay, but we're still dealing with "freaking huge guys" in "freaking huge armour" about 28,000 years in the future, in 30k's case; how many of you imagine the fencing manuals of Morozzo or the I-44 technique have endured? So much of swordplay is imagination, practice and then codifying what seems to work.  

Sneak peak for Telemachrus - he costs more than a Land Raider Phobos. By a meltabomb. One of his fancy tricks is forcing the enemy to reroll the dice for the penetration result.

I have a quick question for someone with Tempest (FW packed Betrayal instead of Tempest into my mate's bag so I'm having to wait till that's sorted!)...

Are there any new weapons for the Deredeo or is it just Anvillus Autocannons & Hellfire Cannonade? Also, do you have to take a secondary system or is it optional like in the experimental rules? (ie 'may take' rather than 'must take'.)

Only the autocannons or the plasmas nothing else unfortunately :( I think the missile launcher and shield thing are optional too. Not got the book on me. 

So...

Anyone want to tell me what the Smurfs were like before they met Guilliman? I've always been curious about that.

An undisciplined Rable, just like all the other Legions :-P

Regarding the shooting buffs, is it +1S or rerolls ? If it's +1 strength, it's actually very amazing, S9 Missile Launchers, S10 Lascannons... It makes an infantry heavy army very scary against high armour armies !

I'm also very curious about the fluff for the ROW, could someone do a brief description of its origins ?

Ok Hnoured Telemechrus

WS 6 A 3 HP 4

DCCW + Kheres

D3 HoW on the charge

Units within 12" get +1 combat score and +1 to sweeping

Re-rolls all penetrating results on both vehicle and destroyer tables

Hatred - Traitor Legions

Locutarus Storm Squad

Standard profile but with Artificer Armour

Shoot twice with pistols when deepstriking

Re-roll scatter when deepstriking

Combi bolter that's all but he's got enough to get the job done I'd say

The Invictarii Suzerains are basically a command squad with boarding shields and the signature Axes. They're Elite or HQ, provide +1LD to any ultramarine units within 12" and are scoring

Archived