Great work on the Skullcrushers so far - can't wait to see them finished!

The DV set has an anvilus backpack with combi-melta?? That's interesting ... may use that for my Word Bearers :)

Great work on the Skullcrushers so far - can't wait to see them finished!

The DV set has an anvilus backpack with combi-melta?? That's interesting ... may use that for my Word Bearers :smile.:

Your pal Vrosh Tattersoul (aspiring champion) does, to be specific. He can be had on eBay for like 4 bucks. Plastic, legit kit. Not sure how or why he's that cheap but I love it!

I'm continually fiddling around with paint schemes before I actually paint my Skullcrushers, because I don't want to strip them if I'm unhappy with the results. I'm using the OG gorilla-fist zerkers to test out schemes.

Please let me know which looks best, in your opinion. I'm going to use red trim, and metallic black for the joints and cables, with some silver color for other metallic elements.

The base here is my preferred base for brass: Vallejo Bronze. I then washed using 3 separate washes to see which looks best:

1.) Agrax Earthshade

http://i.imgur.com/xTFNQwQh.jpg

2.) Nuln Oil

http://i.imgur.com/y63xNYFh.jpg

3.) 1:1 Mix of Agrath Earthshade & Nuln Oil:

http://i.imgur.com/2wrmFbmh.jpg

Currenly in appearance I like Agrax Earthshade best, but over all I think I'd like a mix best, but instead of a 1:1 agrax:nuln oil I should use 2 or 3:1 agrax to nuln oil, because the reddish brown pigments over the bronze look very nice.

@venomlust i know the feeling regarding csm and daemons lol im actually starting a imperial fists army next year just to have a decent army for a change

I keep toying with the idea of selling my CSM collection, but then I consider the extremely remote possibility that they'll actually be decent once the new codex drops in 2035, and I'd feel stupid having to spend more money to get the same stuff I had before.

Then again, if models get updated, I would probably rather have the new stuff than the old crummy-looking (in comparison) sculpts.

I think that's what I'll try then, thanks friends.

Started work on the second unit of skullcrushers, starting with the skull champion:

http://i.imgur.com/c2nlQhJh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8FF1Ttth.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fFoPj8Mh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YrdmwgTh.jpg

You sir are a maniac with the "army of juggers" idea. If I saw that set up across the table from me, no matter what rules were used for which unit, I would probably :censored: myself and go home. Insane.

giphy.gif

Really like your work so far on the Juggers. Looking forward to more that I can look on when I get around to my own lord on Jugger

At this point I've dealt with practically every Khornate kit GW has produced in the past 20 years so if you want to kit bash and are curious where you can find certain bits to make him look a certain way then let me know.

The rider is looking fantastic, although my gut feeling is that you may have chosen the wrong juggernaut for him: He looks like he's really riding along at full speed, while the jugger itself seems to be trotting along at a more deliberate pace -- maybe the running jugger would be a better choice here?

Apart from that, excellent kitbashing! :)

The rider is looking fantastic, although my gut feeling is that you may have chosen the wrong juggernaut for him: He looks like he's really riding along at full speed, while the jugger itself seems to be trotting along at a more deliberate pace -- maybe the running jugger would be a better choice here?

Apart from that, excellent kitbashing! :)

That can be arranged! Thanks for pointing that out, totally wasn't paying attention.

This may be a bit of old news, but I like the bronze colour with the Agrax / Nuln Oil mixture the best. Adding some verdigris afterwards would make it pop.

As for the mixture, I've found Agrax Earthshade / Nuln Oil (3:1) works the best for my metallics. Hell, I even named it: Old Metal Wash! The name may not be original but it makes any metallic look like it's two hundred years old. As an aside, I wouldn't go crazy with the mixture. Moving parts like slides on bolters, knives, chainsword teeth, etc, would best be served with just straight Nuln Oil and then a focussed wash of Seraphim Sepia for grease.

I've just read your whole thread and I'm not disappointed in the least. There are some really great things here and you should be very proud of yourself! That reminds me: I need to do some Green Stuff work on my Chapter. I digress.

I'll be watching this space for more goodness. Keep up the great work :thumbsup:!

What are you using the skullcrushers as in game, assuming you actually intend to play with them? As far as I'm aware I can't recall rules for em anywhere. 

Amazing work though, you're truly inspiring me to order some jugs for my KD army in the works.

Thanks! I plan to use them as Khorne Daemonkin bikers in games of standard 40k, taken in Gorepack formations. If my friends allow me to use Teetengee's homebrewed chaos rules, I'll use them as the skullcrushers he created.

Mark my words: the instant I finish them all, GW will release a kit for 40k skullcrushers.

This may be a bit of old news, but I like the bronze colour with the Agrax / Nuln Oil mixture the best. Adding some verdigris afterwards would make it pop.

As for the mixture, I've found Agrax Earthshade / Nuln Oil (3:1) works the best for my metallics. Hell, I even named it: Old Metal Wash! The name may not be original but it makes any metallic look like it's two hundred years old. As an aside, I wouldn't go crazy with the mixture. Moving parts like slides on bolters, knives, chainsword teeth, etc, would best be served with just straight Nuln Oil and then a focussed wash of Seraphim Sepia for grease.

I've just read your whole thread and I'm not disappointed in the least. There are some really great things here and you should be very proud of yourself! That reminds me: I need to do some Green Stuff work on my Chapter. I digress.

I'll be watching this space for more goodness. Keep up the great work :tu:!

Thank you so much not only for your kind words but also the old metal wash recipe, which I will happily use. I think that sort of effect combined with verdigris is exactly what is needed to make them look suitably aged. Hopefully I'll have time to try it out tomorrow on a test mini.

The second unit needs their replacement feet, detail bits, and trim. Then they'll be ready to paint, too!

Archived