I would try adding a thin line of white to the lightning, it may make it look a little more pink, but it might work to define it a little more.  Good example would be if you look at a red lightsabre closely enough, the core of it is white, almost pinkish.  Coming from Arizona, we used to occasionally get heat lightning out in the desert, which is sometimes a red/pink, sort of like what you see in the plasma globes you can get at gift stores.

Alternatively - you could add brighter red, orange, and spots of yellow, and make it look more like molten metal.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had time to do any painting, but recently I've built another 10 of my traitor wolf berzerkers to fill out the 20-man unit required for the Fist of Khorne formation.

A little taste of things to come...

Icon of Wrath bearer:

http://i.imgur.com/WyzLPi9h.jpg

The wolf bitz interact with the claws on the feet in a very interesting way -- interesting enough to make me consider rebuilding my still unpainted squad of Warp Claws as traitor Wolves!

I do think the pose needs some tweaking, though, as it simply seems a tad unnatural like that: I would suggest rotating the hand with the banner counter-clockwise by a few degrees (so the standard is actually slightly tipped in the other directon), and I think the right arm would work better if pointing down (having the arm and leg on the same side moving upwards like that often ends up looking unnatural).

Yeah the legs sorta limit the ways you can attach the torsos, which all have some sort of knife or pelt sticking out which limits them even more. I'll take another look at this guy. I posed him before gluing him onto the base, so holding him as if he was a straight vertical line didn't exactly translate how I Thought it would.

That being said, I think I'm gonna have to accept some awkwardness in this unit for reasons you'll see when I post the rest.

Finally finished priming and such. A few mold lines snuck through, but I'm just gonna roll with it. 

I settled on a color scheme for these guys, thinking of calling them the "Sons of Cerberus" or something "of Cerberus," at any rate. Gotta have that Cerberus.

Black armor with copper trim, using GW Screaming Bell. Really love this color, and haven't had a chance to use it much until now. Probably because I never really paint anything, eh? :P

http://i.imgur.com/qRjJz0xh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pciry2wh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lwcIqjSh.jpg

About half the unit has these frost axes, the other half is armed with dual chainswords. Not counting the 2 plasma pistol dudes and the icon bearer or the champ. 

Planning to use some other metallic colors. Metallic black for some of the details, brass for certain other things. Dark grey for the joints.

Hmm, if you're calling these the "Sons of Cereberus", which is pretty cool, you do realise that you'll need to create some massive Cerberus-like creature as a Daemon Prince, a huge chaos spawn or a counts-as Bloodthirster, of course? Just sayin'...

Kraut be right. Although your cerbereans should maybe...nope everythibg i think of is pretty pants compaired to "Sons"...

...i can see some nice three headed bloodhounds a-comin

3-headed Samus seems like the easiest option, hmm... I so hate that model, it would take a lot of work to make it look good.

Like the colours so far. For a Cerberean Daemon Prince type model the Slaughterbrute could be a good base. I'm sure it comes with two head choices anyway so would just be a case of bits ordering a third. Either way liking the look of these guys

Hmm, nevermind then. He's gotta be bigger than that! 

Maybe the regular daemon prince + thunderwolf parts + green stuff. Bonus is that I already have those and don't need to spend money.

Huh, seems like I really got the ball rolling with my remark ;)

I think a four-legged creature would be cooler than a daemon prince in the classic sense. It would also be easier to make three heads work on a less humanoid figure, if you ask me. One thing to maybe consider is that the Bloodthirster kit comes with three heads, two of which a fairly bestial and doglike in appearance, so that might be a good resource as well -- I also imagine some of those surplus heads should be reasonably easy to get hold of.

Oh, and you can always go back and just use Archaon's mount with added Bloodthirster heads. Just in case you've got too much money ;)

How about the new dwarf dinosaur thing that comes out Saturday?

Dragonlover

I was thinking of using those as Giant Spawn from IA:XIII, actually. Maybe mount bloodletters on top or something.

Huh, seems like I really got the ball rolling with my remark :wink:

I think a four-legged creature would be cooler than a daemon prince in the classic sense. It would also be easier to make three heads work on a less humanoid figure, if you ask me. One thing to maybe consider is that the Bloodthirster kit comes with three heads, two of which a fairly bestial and doglike in appearance, so that might be a good resource as well -- I also imagine some of those surplus heads should be reasonably easy to get hold of.

Oh, and you can always go back and just use Archaon's mount with added Bloodthirster heads. Just in case you've got too much money :wink:

Damn all this money! I've run out of places to put it! :P

Archived