Sounds a bit unflattering for the Scions' post-Hell's Heart flagship

I mean, if we're going for song names, there aren't many that are all-too-suitable :p since Leviathan is probably the only properly themed Mastodon Album.

If anything gets named after something Textures I'll have to tell them; I'm friends with a few of the guys. Also it's cool to know a few of our Brethren are metalheads; but also with less mainstream tastes. Outside my friends I got into the game and other musicians, I don't think I've met another player wouldn't look at crazy if I wrote down words like Gorgoroth, Meshuggah, or Djent.

+Quick Tangent before we get back on topic because I am a mod+

Dude, new Meshuggah song @_@ also, P3: Select Difficulty is my album of the year so far. I will say that I'm not into black metal as much as I am Heavy/Death/Thrash/Nu/Djent/Metalcore. I ain't much of a Deathcore fan either. The closest I get to Black is Behemoth.

+++

Otherwise, I see Mastodons being a pretty prevalent vehicle in our little universe. For the Bears and Lions its pretty clear as to why, same for 'Zerkers and the Eagles.

If anything gets named after something Textures I'll have to tell them; I'm friends with a few of the guys. Also it's cool to know a few of our Brethren are metalheads; but also with less mainstream tastes. Outside my friends I got into the game and other musicians, I don't think I've met another player wouldn't look at crazy if I wrote down words like Gorgoroth, Meshuggah, or Djent.

Oh really? Neat, how did you meet them?

Well, I did draw pretty much everything about the Koloss AI from Meshuggah songs and artwork. I'm mostly an alt/prog-metal fan, Mastodon and Deftones are my favourite bands these days.

Back on track, I think the Berserkers would disdain the Mastodon as too slow.

I've been a professional musician since I was like 17 (though that's changing) and I became friends first with Richard their now ex keyboardist a few years ago. And I'm mostly a Prog/Djent head myself. (P3 Slays!)

Lots of Mastodons amongst the Iron Bear armouries; honestly I can't even imagine the Bears using anything less than a Land Raider for transportation, unless it serves a very specific purpose like a grav rhino.

Predators might have some Mastodons as well in order to deliver the final, crushing blow to a fortress.

Filled with either breacher squads or their Deathswornd-Terminator troops, they would end the last of resistance after the Striking Shadows have weakened them.

Imagine these beasts ornamented and decorated with symbols of death, bones and a hell lot of runes.

Later on in the Insurrection (and after becoming traitor), (traitor) Astartes warriors are enchained on their carapass, the runes begin to glow (via technology, not warp) to further increase their menacing appearance.

Can also imagine one being the command vehicle of Andezo, called Death's Baron.

Thinking about that name, it could be as well be a good name for the Legions Gloriana flagship.

Edited by Kelborn

Right, since I'm not fielding the Wardens, I'm going to build my legion list here. 

Counting off by memory, I have...

3xLand Raiders

5 or 6xDreadnoughts

10xScouts

20xTacs

13xDeath Company [No legion rules, obviously, but just mentioning them]

10xSanguinary Guard

2xRazorbacks

1xPredator

1xVindicator

2xLand Speeders

3xDrop Pods

1xDante

1xCaptain

1xCorbulo

1xLemartes

1xSanguinor

3xStormravens

15xAssault Marines

4xBikes

10-12xTerminators

Allies:

1 Knight Titan Warden [House Zivich]

4xLeman Russes

15xGuardsmen

Given the resistance I ran into yesterday, I'm wary off too much substitution. So, no Deredeos or Leviathans or (sadly) no Sicarans. What can I build out of this? I am fielding the Knight Warden. Can I make a 4k list out of all of this?

Edited by simison

Well going off what you have there I can get into the region of 4K points with a Pride of the Legion list. I've only put in one character (A Praetor), but I've made a number of assumptions about upgrades and weapons through the rest of the army that would need to be played with. But I think it's pretty viable to get to that point limit and use only the models above.

And, I had forgotten. Nate's wife has her own BA force that I've been allowed to augment my own. So, almost twice the size of what I have and that's a good idea of what I can field tomorrow. 

Day of Revelation, to make this work, I need a Praetor, right?

Right, since I'm not fielding the Wardens, I'm going to build my legion list here. 

Counting off by memory, I have...

3xLand Raiders

5 or 6xDreadnoughts

10xScouts

20xTacs

13xDeath Company [No legion rules, obviously, but just mentioning them]

10xSanguinary Guard

2xRazorbacks

1xPredator

1xVindicator

2xLand Speeders

3xDrop Pods

1xDante

1xCaptain

1xCorbulo

1xLemartes

1xSanguinor

3xStormravens

15xAssault Marines

4xBikes

10-12xTerminators

Allies:

1 Knight Titan Warden [House Zivich]

4xLeman Russes

15xGuardsmen

Given the resistance I ran into yesterday, I'm wary off too much substitution. So, no Deredeos or Leviathans or (sadly) no Sicarans. What can I build out of this? I am fielding the Knight Warden. Can I make a 4k list out of all of this?

my lord thats alot to paint xD

Since I don't know what each individual Model in the list you provided has in terms of WYSIWYG gear, heres the following. I followed your list of available models as best I could and a Breakdown of which models form which squad is listed below:

+++ Simison's Blood Angels (3998pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (3998pts) ++

+ HQ (1080pts) +

Legion Centurion (130pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon, Refractor Field]
··Consul [Chaplain]
··Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]

Legion Praetor (475pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs]
··Legion Command Squad [5x Combat Shield, Jump Packs, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Fist, 3x Power Weapon]
····Legiones Astartes [Legion Specific Rules]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

Legion Praetor (475pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs]
··Legion Command Squad [5x Combat Shield, Jump Packs, 4x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Fist, 3x Power Weapon]

+ Troops (1843pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (303pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]
··Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad (485pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, 4x Power Fist]
··Legion Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Combi-Weapon, Power Fist]

Legion Terminator Squad (485pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, 4x Power Fist]
··Legion Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (285pts) [2x Heavy Flamer, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (285pts) [2x Heavy Flamer, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs]

+ Elites (530pts) +

Legion Dreadnought Talon (265pts)
··Legion Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Legion Dreadnought Talon (265pts)
··Legion Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

+ Fast Attack (130pts) +

Legion Land Speeder Squadron (130pts)
··Legion Land Speeder [Graviton Gun, Multi-melta]
··Legion Land Speeder [Graviton Gun, Multi-melta]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iX: Blood Angels, Loyalist]

+ Lord of War (415pts) +

Questoris Knight Warden (415pts)
··Questoris Knight Warden [stormspear rocket pod]

Created with BattleScribe

Everything that could take artificer armour did because 2+ Saves are worth it especially when tanking for a squad.

Chaplain Consul: Lemartes. Preferably, his free Chaplain Power Weapon would be run as an Axe. Joins the 15 man Blob.
Praetor /w Jump Command Squad #1: Dante and 5 Sanguinary Guard. Needs a Banner. Power Weapons are Swords but I'd prefer them to be Axes. Dantes axe can be reasonably expected to pass off as a Blade of Perdition.
Praetor w/ Jump Command Squad #2: Sanguinor and 5 Sanguinary Guard. Same as above. Sanguinors sword easily passes off as a Blade of Perdition

15man Assault Squad: your 15 Assault Marines w/ 3x Power Swords in the Squad.
Terminators: Self Explanatory.
Tac Vets: Have the Sniper and Outflank rule thanks to the Marksman Vet Tactic. Yay for Rending Heavy Flamers and Bolters!

Dreads: Self Explanatory. 2 Haywire Blasts on the drop and the pod provides shrouded to units getting shot through them (your assault squads)

Land Speeders: Graviton Gun for Haywire and Multimelta for rear armour opportunity shots.

Knight: Self Explanatory.

+++++

If you're using your buddies collection to add and want to run DoR:
+++ Day of Revelations (3998pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (3998pts) ++

+ HQ (495pts) +

Legion Centurion (165pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field]
··Consul [Forge Lord]
··Techmarine/Forgelord Options [Cyber-familiar, Rad Grenades]

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Jump Pack, Refractor Field]
··Consul [Chaplain]

Legion Praetor (185pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs]

+ Troops (879pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (293pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]
··Legion Assault Sergeant [Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Power Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Assault Squad (293pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]
··Legion Assault Sergeant [Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Power Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites (1109pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (225pts)
··Legion Apothecary [Augury Scanner, Jump Pack, Power Sword]

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (275pts)
··Cortus Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (275pts)
··Cortus Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Legion Terminator Squad (334pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 3x Chainfist, 6x Combi-Weapon, 6x Legion Terminators, 3x Power Fist]

+ Fast Attack (265pts) +

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (265pts) [Twin-linked Multi-melta, Two Twin-linked Lascannons]

+ Heavy Support (1250pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (420pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Cyclonic Melta Lance, 2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (415pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, 2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (415pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, 2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Otherwise, I don't think you'd have much in terms of "In your face" punch and front-loaded pressure to get it off your squishy troops. But thats just a "Best Case" Scenario DoR list that fills my own checkboxes.
Edited by Slipstreams

Slips's lists look pretty good to me. Though I would personally try to put some more AA in, in the form of a pair of Mortis Dreads and maybe the Icarus Autocannon upgrade on the Knight. Also if your Razorbacks are twin assault cannon variants then you could team them up with your predator as a Squadron for some additional firepower for relatively few points.

Thanks for the help, Slips! Man, you are thorough.

Hilarious, Skal.

Can't do the Siege or Contemptor dreadnoughts, unfortunately. Can definitely use the Sanguinary Guard as a command squad.

Standing besides the Blood Angels legion will be the Black Templar (potential Eldar allies), and a combo force of Imperial Guard and Dark Angels. 

My biggest issue with the Day of Revelation is that I can't field the knight titan. Bah!

Yeah, without the Dreads, I fear that you don't have enough stuff to properly fill out a well-rounded DoR list if you're only using GW Plastics what with Slot Limits and all that.

Edited by Slipstreams

Yeah, without the Dreads, I fear that you don't have enough stuff to properly fill out a well-rounded DoR list if you're only using GW Plastics what with Slot Limits and all that.

In other words, we make the drop only to get stomped the next turn, right?

Update, I and Nate are fielding 3.5k while the Guard/DA player is fielding 2k. 

Well, at 4k+ yes, that would pretty much be the case. Its why you want to make use of the Dreadpod's Shrouding since DoR Jump Packers that DS T1 get a 5+ Cover Save in the open. If you get the Shrouding Bonus from the pod, thats a 3+ and if its Night Fighting for Stealth, 2+ Cover in the open.

At Lower Points, its not that bad but its a move you still want to attempt so that you can safeguard your marines as they sit around unable to assault for a turn if they dropped in.

An example of what you could do at 3.5k:

+++ DoR 3.5 (3501pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List (Age of Darkness) (3501pts) ++

+ HQ (765pts) +

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Refractor Field]
··Consul [Forge Lord]
··Techmarine/Forgelord Options [Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Blade of Perdition, Jump Pack, Power Weapon, Refractor Field]
··Consul [Chaplain]

+ Troops (766pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (303pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]
··Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (160pts) [7x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Chargers]
··Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

+ Elites (1205pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (225pts)

Legion Terminator Squad (360pts) [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 2x Chainfist, 4x Combi-Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators, 2x Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [3x Combi-weapon, 2x Heavy Flamer, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox, 2x Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [3x Combi-weapon, 2x Heavy Flamer, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Marksmen, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox, 2x Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (345pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (115pts)

+ Heavy Support (420pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (420pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Cyclonic Melta Lance, 2x Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Good luck Sim.

Side note: anyone who figures out what I'm referencing in the Ærrion story without using Google gets a cookie. You may not receive this cookie until I'm somewhere in your general vicinity, however.

Considering that I've been in Apoc Games that have seen a Warhound Titan Explode on T1 and nuke a bunch of other stuff in its death throes, 2 Knights isn't that bad :p