I have two weighty questions. One, who remembers why we are limiting ourselves to 4 books with 6 legions a piece, while FW is on Book 7 and is around 4 legions a book?

Two, how long did it take us to write the general chapter info and the campaign fluff for book 1?

We were limiting ourselves to 4 books so that we didn't run out of steam before we finished and because we have more limited resources than Forgeworld(hell despite Draks awesome pieces of art we're still lacking someone to do the legion colour schemes within the books). We originally only intended to do 3(it may even have been as few as 2) but we upped it to 4 to give ourselves more room.

I believe it took somewhere around a month to write it not counting editing for the general history and then I did Underwater Madness and the Death of the Bear fluff in a two day rush while the Madrigal Purge took longer, I don't know how long.

Edited by Sigismund229

I'm suggesting that as we don't need to write down mission / scenario rules and the like, we have more space for more Legions?

And we decided to write supplements for auxilia, questoris and so in instead of giving them a place in the 4 core books.

We were limiting ourselves to 4 books so that we didn't run out of steam before we finished and because we have more limited resources than Forgeworld(hell despite Draks awesome pieces of art we're still lacking someone to do the legion colour schemes within the books). We originally only intended to do 3(it may even have been as few as 2) but we upped it to 4 to give ourselves more room.

I believe it took somewhere around a month to write it not counting editing for the general history and then I did Underwater Madness and the Death of the Bear fluff in a two day rush while the Madrigal Purge took longer, I don't know how long.

Indeed. There was a prevailing fear that we wouldn't have the energy and dedication to make it last six books, so four books was our compromise. 

Yet, out of the past 10 months working on Insurrection, I suspect we finished the fluff half in the first sixth months, while the only thing slowing us down right now is the crunch. Half of that is the learning curve of mastering the arcane complexities that is the system behind Warhammer 40,000. 

But the other half is struggling with getting the individual legions done. And then throw in a month that was spent on the advertisement poster. Furthermore, I know that Sig, Blunt, and a couple of others have offered their writing services and are searching for something to do. Unfortunately, we're at a point where most of the fluff is done, but not the crunch.

So, I'm considering an experiment. 

Priority one is still Insurrection. That's where my focus will be, but I understand that a lot of my time lately is spent on editing and making sure the rules are up to standard. Unfortunately, that's the kind of work that only I and Grifft can do, which leaves the rest of you waiting for Corruption.

Thus, I want to give an outlet for the others that contributes directly to the project's progress bar. 

Instead of Corruption, I'm offering a chance to work on a hypothetical book. Something I've noticed is that we don't have a single campaign book per se. Insurrection is focused on the Day of Revelation, Corruption is split between two or three campaigns over a period of a couple decades. We really don't have anything like Betrayal's focus on one campaign with multiple battles in that one campaign. 

I want this book to fix that by focusing on the Blood Crusade. It'll feature four factions. It can be four legions or a mix of legions and either Mechanicum, Knight Houses, or Imperial Army factions. 

This will be a test of discipline. Anyone can feel free to contribute to this book, but if I or anyone else needs an answer or some effort for Insurrection or whatever is the current main priority, I expect that person to immediately switch gears to help out on the main priority. This will also be a chance to measure potential burnout. If, at any point in time, I judge that this experimental book is slowing down the project, we'll discard it and save whatever material is done for the main line. 

However, if discipline is maintained and the projects grows faster because of it, the Blood Crusade book will become our new third book and take place after Corruption and before [Revolution] (the beginning of the Suzerainty). 

Is anyone in favor of this experiment?

AYE!(raises drinking horn)

I Sigismund am in favour of this! It gives me something to do and so I say Until Valhalla! Forwards!

If I may make a suggestion regarding the 4 factions it focuses on:

Loyal: Crimson Lions, Leonic Auxilia

Traitor: Berserkers of Uran, Abysii

Edited by Sigismund229

Sounds fine to me. As the crunch seems to be one of the things that is slowing us down perhaps I can help out with that as I have a fair amount of free time currently. Anyone who would like a second opinion or any help with their legion's rules at all can feel free to PM me. And those of you who feel your rules are complete (or nearly so) could do the same so I can do a preliminary sweep through them and format them into the existing template. That way I can show them to you in their full glory and make a start on getting some of the crunch related bits ready for later books.

I offer the 1445th Expedition. Two Tribes of Fire Keepers, Army and Mech support.

Close enough to an aye. 

Alright, Sig, given your enthusiasm, repeated requests, and the fact that the Blood Crusade focuses on the Crimson Lions, I'm appointing as the unofficial head of this book. You know my rules, the general outline. The Crimson Lions and the Berserkers of Uran are required to represent the Loyalist v. Traitors. 

Beyond that, your choice for the other two factions. Regardless of who those two are, you are not limited to just these four factions. There can be mentions and moments of other elements (such as Fire Keepers), they just won't get rules at the end of the book. 

So, start a thread. 

Slips, could you un-pin the Great Crusade and Qarith Triumph and pin the experiment book?

Though I might not have the time to actively participate (,good enough to do) you are wellcome to call out for the following:

-Predators

-Houses of Atreis, Ordot, Sardok and Harkon

Let me know if you need something.

Ordoz and Sardok just have a brainstorm frame. You could flesh them out if you need them. :)

I Sigismund am in favour of this! It gives me something to do and so I say Until Valhalla! Forwards!

Awwwww yeeeeeeaaaaah

Abyssii is loyal. You mean the cognis

I'll write whatever you want about anything. I'm flexible, like... well, a flexible thing... regardless, if a campaign book about the Blood Crusade is what master Simison wants, a campaign book about the Blood Crusade is what master Simison will get!

A Mastodon might have to trundle into the Fire Keepers tale. Don't suppose we can name it Mother Puncher or, more sensibly, Iron Tusk?

Crusher Destroyer? Though I may have to save that for a sister of the Blood&Thunder.

Also update; This week I've been able to muck about all of our threads creating most of the notes I need to organize everything we've talked about so far (so many pages) so if you are writing fluff and have a question about who, what, where, or when for the next few days until I have my first guideline, timeline, and outline for everything done, please feel free to send me any questions as I can answer relatively expeditely if we've talked about it here.