Cavitation bubbles work fine in standard atmospheres, but obviously not at all in vacuums. What about something like Doctor Octopus' arms, like a super advanced servo harness. +4 attacks in close combat would be amazing.

And like the idea of a harpoon personally. Brings to mind Ahab and Moby Dick. It could have a shooting and cc profile and you could have it pull models to the user like the old lash whip that'd be cool.

A Servo-Harness Type deal could be interesting, yes but I'd probably make it Forge Lord, Primus Medicae or Praevian only in that case.

The Harpoon I'm seeing it as a more reliable version of the WE Relic Trident without the building destroying and terrain denying possibly without being one-use.

I mean, double headed axes are mostly ceremonial weapons in real-world use.

But we're not in the real world so you get more carnage per swing with 2 heads :p

The real question is: what did he do to deserve the weapon?

Well, have the Shepard's and Scions ever in combat together? If so, what sort of "Well, that went above and beyond our expectations" type deal did he do? :p

I'm working on the basis that they must have done at some stage, given that the Scions in their dispersed state will have worked with most of the Legions, and the two are inclined to get on well together. Come to think of it, my fluff regarding the Shepherds' breakaway implies that they worked together before Raktra was found.

Edited by bluntblade

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo:

"The Grasp of the Abyss" or something, IDK: (~75pts)

The Grasp are multiple sets of manipulator arms that link directly to the bearers neural system. They are of unparallelled construction and complexity, its neural link clearly the product of Dark Age technology with the control over the limbs putting to shame all but the most advanced, arcane and unique counterparts found within the Mechanicum's highest echelons. That such an item would not be in their hands has garnered the ire of a few Archmagi towards the Scions but the repute of the Legion's Primarch and its ties to the Legio Cybernetica has left this ire unable to be acted upon.'

The Grasp can only be equipped by an Independant Character model with the Legiones Astartes: Scions Hospitalier rule and are comprised of a Machinator Array, Four Servo-Arms (each granting a +1 to the Battlesmith roll to a maximum of 2+), a Narthecium, a Hand Flamer and Plasma Pistol. Additionally, they grant the wearer the Bulky Special Rule or, if in terminator armour, the Very Bulky Special Rule. A model with this item may not equip or must not be equipped with a Jump Pack, Scout ArmourCameleoline, Space Marine Bike or Space Marine Jetbike.

Or something.

Edited by Slipstreams

Or something.

This. Definitely this :tongue.:

Just at a glance this would give 4 S8 attacks, 2 S5 attacks (all 6 at AP2), a 2+ repair roll, +1 Toughness, a flamer, hand flamer, inferno pistol and a plasma pistol. As well as Night Vision and Feel No Pain...

Erm no. Not for all the points in the world :wink:

I could see a unique Machinator array working though. Maybe with a pair of servo arms and the weapons. Something more like this perhaps?:

Grasp of the Abyss (~40 points?)

The Grasp are multiple sets of manipulator arms that link directly to the bearers neural system. They are of unparallelled construction and complexity, its neural link clearly the product of Dark Age technology with the control over the limbs putting to shame all but the most advanced, arcane and unique counterparts found within the Mechanicum's highest echelons. That such an item would not be in their hands has garnered the ire of a few Archmagi towards the Scions but the repute of the Legion's Primarch and its ties to the Legio Cybernetica has left this ire unable to be acted upon.'

The Grasp can only be equipped by an Independant Character model with the Legiones Astartes: Scions Hospitalier rule and provides the following benefits:

• The model gains the Battlesmith special rule. A model that already has the Battlesmith rule may add +2 to any repair roll results.
  • The Grasp incorporates a NartheciumHand Flamer and Plasma Pistol.
  • A model equipped with The Grasp may make two additional attacks per turn in close combat ass well as any they would normally be eligible to make. This is done using the weapon profile shown below:

The Grasp of the Abyss

Name

Range

Strength

AP

Type

The Grasp of the Abyss

-

Melee, Unwieldy

Edited by Grifftofer

I'm not sure. The only things that are comparable would be the Machinator Array, which provides 2 attacks as a whole or possibly the Servo Harness in 40k, which uses different mechanics (IIRC). I guess it was never really intended to be tested as no-one has the option to take a second servo arm anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm happy to see my concept of a full-visor helmet works, despite it having been shot down for the Nightguard ^^

Really awesome Drak' ^_^ Still obviously Power Armour, but with a more futuristic vibe that works. Perhaps the back pack vents could be slightly more pronounced?

Well I'm happy to see my concept of a full-visor helmet works, despite it having been shot down for the Nightguard ^^

Really awesome Drak' ^_^ Still obviously Power Armour, but with a more futuristic vibe that works. Perhaps the back pack vents could be slightly more pronounced?

I thought we'd felt it wasn't quite right for the Nightguard. This was certainly Slips' idea well before the Nightguard were even a thing.

Really awesome Drak' :happy.: Still obviously Power Armour, but with a more futuristic vibe that works. Perhaps the back pack vents could be slightly more pronounced?

I thought we'd felt it wasn't quite right for the Nightguard. This was certainly Slips' idea well before the Nightguard were even a thing.

Oh, didn't mean to imply anything ^_^ It's just I got the impression people thought it would look silly, and in actual fact it looks AWESOME!!!