TALE - The Reunited Family

simison

Do you have the rest of your ally levels too? As you're here.

Might As well :tongue.:

Lightning Bearers: Fellow Warriors

Halcyon Wardens: Sworn Brothers 

Iron Bears: Sworn Brothers

Berzerkers of Uran: By The Emperors Command!

Fire Keepers: Fellow Warriors

Wardens of Light: Distrusted Allies (Mostly due to Pro-Xenos)

Eagle Warriors: By The Emperors Command!

Grave Stalkers: Distrusted Allies 

The Drowned: Fellow Warriors

Warriors of Peace: Fellow Warriors

Stygian Jackals: Fellow Warriors

Ghost Walkers: TBD (need more info)

What do you have against xenos? i know, many are threats to galactic peace, but so is the human race. there are some very intelectual and peaceful cultures out there. on gwals homeplanet we had eldar who cared for us humans. well, they disappeared suddenly, but hey, wasn't their fault, I think it has something to do with some disintegrating a few centuries ago. said they come back, but never did.

however: xenos= not all evil, some are cool. and i think we can talk to the quarith to. they seem somehow human...well with lizardskin and tentacles, but somehow they remember me of something.

Alliances:

Mechanicum: Distrusted, because abuse of technique.

Imperial Army: Sworn Brothers.

Lightning Bearers: Distrustful

Halcyon Wardens: Sworn Brothers 

Iron Bears: Sworn Brothers

Berzerkers of Uran: By The Emperors Command!

Fire Keepers: Fellow Warriors

Eagle Warriors: By The Emperors Command!

Grave Stalkers: Fellow Warriors

The Drowned: Fellow Warriors

Warriors of Peace: Fellow Warriors

Stygian Jackals: Fellow Warriors

Crimson Lions: Fellow Warriors

Ghost Walkers: who?

Hope I have covered all

Not all Xenos are bad, That we can agree to but, to work with them, potentially dilute the human purity with Xenos intermingling! HAH! Not while we yet draw breath!

(Make a compelling case and I might bump it to Fellow :p)

I kinda feel sorry for the Berserkers. Currently they have four legions who are By Order! for working with them. Maybe I'll make the Grave Stalkers Sworn Brothers so they can have at least one friend :tongue.:

Callous disregard for their own safety makes it very hard for us to successfully extract them! Especially when their liable to try and kill their rescuers!

...I might have to Refamiliarize myself with Raktras fluff though...then again, his Primarch might be the best poised to consistently beat Pionus down :p

Heres just a short story I wrote about Hectarion and Dear'dd fighting some orks together.

Two boarding pods smashed into the side of the ork vessel. As the ramps descended, the orks charged and unleashed a withering hail of fire that would have killed any normal space. However, it was not any normal space marine that was carried inside. Roaring, Hectarion Mycenor, primarch of the Crimson Lions, charged out of the boarding pod, revving Godstooth. In seconds, limbs were flying.

Mere moments behind him was Dear'dd, primarch of the Iron Bears. Unusually, Dear'dd was wielding a massive maul, easily as tall as a space marine in full cataphractii plate. As his brother hacked and sliced through the orks, Dear'dd swung his maul and batted orks aside as though they were ants. 12 seconds after they had first left the boarding pod, every ork in the area, over 189 greenskins, was dead. As two more boarding pods impacted and began to disgorge members of Dear'dds Totem Guard and Hectarions Myramodons, Dear'dd walked over to Hectarion, grinning. "You're getting slow brother" he said "Once upon a time the orks would have all been dead before I even got off the boarding pod". Hectarion grinned back and said "Bah I just wanted to leave some for you to test your new maul". As their bodyguards joined them, Hectarion said "How about a race? Who can getthe enemy commander first" and stuck out his hand. Dear'dd, still grinning, took his wrist and said "If you wish brother". Hectarion turned his head towards a pack of orks who were coming towards them, then back to Dear'dd and raised an eyebrow.

With that, the two gods of war rushed forward towards the orks, their bodyguards desperately trying to keep up and failing. As the two primarchs reached the orks, limbs went flying, as did ork bodies broken by Dear'dds maul. When their bodyguards reached the site, it was all over and the primarchs were already moving on again. One of the Myramodons, brother Brennus, sighed. This always happened when Hectarion and Dear'dd fought together.

As the primarchs fought their way through the ship, they left a trail of ork bodies, either torn apart or simply smashed aside, that their bodyguards could follow. Nothing the Myramodons and Totem Guard found was still alive. When the two bodyguard reached the bridge, they found Hectarion surrounded by ork nobz, who had either been carved apart by Godstooth or had their skulls smashed by Hectarion shield. Dear'dd was at what seemed to pass for a command throne, gore covering his right hand and an orks headless body beside him.

The Drowned consider the Imperial Army and Mechanicum as Sworn Brothers as Fellow Warriors.

In regards to other legions, I kmow I have been listed as Sworn Brothers with the Void Eagles, but honestly, in the later days of the Crusade, Morro has already become insane as his legion rejects him as their primarch, while his closest followers habe descemded fully in the Dark Eldar fleshcrafting and use of symbionts.

Most legions are horrified at this, so I should br distrusted with most, but of the legiones whom there was a connection, they should be at most Fellow Warriors, as the paranoia takes hold, finalising with his role in the execution of his 'Abaddon' equivalent and possibly his involvement with the 'death' of a ghost warriors primarch.

If you're keen with working around an insane primarch whose legion hates him, with his body manufactured by the Eldar who eventually succumbs to Slaanesh, yet hates his brothers who were as weak as he was to fall to Chaos, feel free to mark him as your Sworn Brother.

Most legions are horrified at this, so I should br distrusted with most, but of the legiones whom there was a connection, they should be at most Fellow Warriors, as the paranoia takes hold, finalising with his role in the execution of his 'Abaddon' equivalent and possibly his involvement with the 'death' of a ghost warriors primarch.

If you're keen with working around an insane primarch whose legion hates him, with his body manufactured by the Eldar who eventually succumbs to Slaanesh, yet hates his brothers who were as weak as he was to fall to Chaos, feel free to mark him as your Sworn Brother.

Eldars? That's not the Imperium Yucahu signed for! (Mostly because Primarchs don't get to sign their fealty to the Imperium). I'll admit that, however, the VE alliances are mostly from the point of view of the legion, with their primarch being elusive as he is. I don't think the Drowned as a whole are as horrific as Morro. Even then though, a reduction to Fellow Warriors may be wiser.

Grifftofer, I confirm the Dune Serpents as Sworn Brothers to the Eagles.

In the meantime I've been writing something on the first meeting between Kozja and the Jade General.

There is a split between the Legion, the few who are utterly loyal to Morro fall to Chaos after he triggers a full blown rebellion within his ranks, as the mostly Terran forces start an exodus part way through the insurrection. However, a bit of Morro with his Cynicism and lack of trust lives on. After all, they have been forced to leave their father and kill their own brothers in the legion, and he has shattered their hopes and visions.

They see the Imperium as a dream that took little more than emotion to break down, and that they understand that not only have they been lied to by the Emperor (and the truths spoken by their Primarch), but to be horrified by their own actions. They now just want to survive, and care nothing for lofty goals. This leaves them as a free agent for whichever legion trusts them; there is no saying the Drowned wouldn't turn on

"Come, whoever you are!" As soon as the thundering voice had issued its order, the command room's doors had swung open, and shield bearers in immaculate terminator plate marched in. They were met by guards clad in onyx and jade, a stark constrast to their cousins. Both hosts arranged themselves in honor rows, leaving their leaders with a clear line of sight. The new arrival bowed on his axe, and handed it to his guards.

"Guardians, dismissed!" The dark giant commanded from his ornate throne. "Tryzub, likewise!" The lighter one reciprocated. Now there were only the two of them, two brothers long separated.

"At long last, I meet you in the flesh. Tell me brother, what is your name? I have only heard of a general of green gems, even from the Emperor himself."

"I am the Jade General. There is no name beyond or before that. Tell me brother, who are you?"

"One should not go nameless among brothers. To me you will be known as Izumrad, a crude transcription of your title in my home language. As for myself, I am Kozja, prince of Darzalas, primarch of the Ninth. Unlike Icarion and Alexandros whom you have already met, I am no seer. I am no warmonger either, despite my legion's name. I am a mere gene-wright. As all other legions grew in strength beyond thousands, yours was left behind, afflicted as it was by an unknown ailment. When I was found, the Emperor ordered me with a task to cure those legions which did not overcome the Alpha stage. On this, I failed. Instead your XVII and Magnus' XI were folded into my Warbringers, a Precious Thousand to be deployed only in situations of direst need. But now you have been found, and seemingly overnight you healed them. Tell me Izumrad, what did you find that I had not?"

The General nodded in disapprovement."Darzalas, your sight was too narrow."

"This sounds exactly like what Magnus told me, when he stopped his sons' flesh-change. That was a nonsensical explanation of Grabiya's theorem. But you are no witch. Tell me what you did find, so it may benefit all twenty legions."

"You stand on pillars you call reason. But you failed to question your science, you did not study the so-called mysteries within. You are not to blame however, perhaps you were never exposed to them, or they were held by your foes. I congratulate you for keeping my warriors alive for so many centuries, for in other hands I doubt any of them would have survived. I congratulate you for raising them on the path of glory and honour, for my Warriors of Peace ought to tread these paths."

Both extended their arms in the traditional greeting, their black and white gauntlets forming the ancient symbol of duality.

"Izumrad, with my science and your mysticisms, we shall lead men and Astartes into a new era."

Here is a piece I wrote on Alexos about his look on the primarchs. Also explains the great friendship between the dune serpents and eagle warriors, even while they are total opposites:

Alexos closed his newly acquired eyes, they still hurt. The operation had been over a week ago, but the pain was still lasting. Alexos feared the pain would never fade. 'The torture eyes' Thought Alexos with a smile on his godlike and tattooed face.

He kept his eyes shut, using the part of his brain that was not fully his own. He thought of the first time he met the emperor. The night of ascendance, the day Sagitarii died. The first hour of torture, the first of a thousand.

He continued digging deeper in his thoughts, remembering the first time he met Hectarion. How he had almost killed the the red lion who had offered to "teach" Alexos. He remembered the war that had ensued, and the pain both legions had gained through this battle, a pain that crept into the darkest corners of their heart.

But the thought that struck Alexos the hardest was the finding of Gwal, the thought of all his failed brothers and the thought of the dune lord.

Alexos was still under the hands of the emperor when Gwal was found, the torture inflicted upon Alexosses soul had been unspeakable up to then.

Alexos had accompanied the emperor to the planet on wich Gwal was found, he remembered how the emperor ripped of Gwals mask, how the dark void of his brother eyes drowned out Alexosses soul.

Alexos had died that day. His old brother moaning about the loss. The emperor had brought alexos back through sorcery. The Eagle Warrior's primarch hated the emperor for this. Alexos had finnaly had the chance to speak with the real gods the emperor always denied. But now this holy chance was removed from Alexos by the unholy emperor himself.

Alexos opened his alien eyes again, putting his hand against his face, feeling the two scars under his left eye, he would never forget who had put those scars there. Alexosses only real friend had put them there when they first met. The lord of the Dune Serpents was a quick warrior indeed.

'Azus moved his hand over the ancient oakwood table, he held a obsidian metal knife in his hand. Another living being was standing in the dark cave filled with decorational and ancient pieces, the other being apparently not able to detect Azus.

Azus stalked closer, his armor making no sounds, the floor didn't even make sound when the shadow armor stalked over it.

The figure standing in the middle of the room suddenly spoke.. No.. It was a whisper, it hit Azus's ears with a thunderous explosion, shocking the primarch. Nobody had ever been able to detect Azus like this before. "Azus, my quiet brother. Why do you not embrace me? I am Alexos, one of your primarch brothers. I come in piece, do not attack. Be so kind to put my knife back on my belt."

Azus blinked, barely believing the other primarch had felt him steal the knife. Suddenly the lights turned on, Azusses armor a matt black, he stood 5 feet away from Alexos. His brother looking glorious with his emerald like plates and golden details.

Azus put the knife back, Alexos smiled at his brother "Good, my friend". The words stung at Azus's mind, the hidden blades in his gauntlets suddenly itching to be drawn. Azus suddenly drew his hidden blades and sliced at Alexosses face, the other primarch simply accepting the attack and standing still.

Azus blinked again, and stared at the two cuts just under Alexosses left eye he had just inflicted. "I... I... I am sorry brother, I did not know if you were real, your ship has had me on edge this whole time. The four marble statues here starring me down" Azus whispered. Alexos smiled again, slowly wiping the two bloody scratches on his face. "Do not worry my friend, you are forgiven" Alexos whispered back'

Alexos opened his eyes slowly, a grin on his new face. 'Things are so different now, lost two brothers, and gained gifts from the god... Azus will never forgive me' he thought, slowly scribling random looking signs and pictures in a book on the oakwood table Azus had once touched.

Here's the Warden's tentative list:

??? - Dune Warriors [squig, I'm curious what barrier exists between them and the Wardens], Ghost Walkers

Sworn - Warriors of Peace, Scions Hospitaller, Imperial Army

Fellow - Jackels, Mechanicum

Distrusted - Grave Stalkers, The Drowned, 

The only odd one would be the Warriors of Peace. It's a trust based, not on affection, but on utter professionalism. Jay knows if he asks for aid from Alex, he'll get it and vise versa.

In fairness, this sounds more like Malice/Malal than Slaanesh :tongue.:

While I'm at it, let me describe the Jade General's personality. Think of the ideal Chinese emperor. Powerful, wise, and honorable but distant mixed with a scientist's clinical attitude. If he has friends among his brothers, they are very few. Yet, he is very reliable and does all he can to fulfill his duties. Honestly, his loyalty is first to Order, then Humanity, and then the Imperium. The more I think about him, the more I can see him writing the Codex Astartes in this universe but avoiding the position of Warmaster. Why? Because he loathes Chaos and chaos. And only if the Imperium is enjoying some measure of peace will he be able to devote more time to his studies. 

It's a good thing that the Necrons aren't around, lest Jay start getting ideas on how to secure Order in the galaxy...

Skal, mostly like the piece. Had a few reservations because you don't capture tone in the piece, so it was hard to tell what was going on in their voices. Just imagine Jay's voice as collected and instructive. 

Simison, would you be disappointed if you said I couldn't remember? It MIGHT be because they're so close to the Godslayers, and share the diplomacy aspect. I wouldn't say they're battle brothers but maybe distrusted or possibly fellow warriors. I'll wrack my brains to see whether they do have a reason for disliking the wardens...

I wouldn't because I can't remember how I came up with the Aquila relic as of the moment. 

I read through the Dune's snippets in their thread, and while I can definitely see why they would be Distrusted or Fellows, I wasn't seeing By Order. Go ahead and see if you can jog your memory. I'm in no hurry.

Another thing we need to think about is how some of these primarchs(so far I count Hectarion, Pionius&Dear'dd) have siblings or family apart from the primarchs. Might this cause tensions with those primarchs who weren't taken in by their people? This is one of the reasons Kurze hates Guilliman so it might be worth considering.

Yes, it would build nice Drama of the Primarchs who were shunned by their people and went on to be filthy traitors worthy of contempt Renegades or followers of Chaos to go after the families of their Loyalist Brothers out of Spite/Jealousy to try and deal them crippling blows to their Morale or to use them as Bargaining Chips.

Interesting idea, the traitor primarchs targeting the loyal primarchs outside family. Hectarion might be quite a good target for this as he has 2 siblings, a sister who is in the Imperial Navy and a sister who is the commander of the 1st Arpine independent army in addition to being Hectarions equerry to the Imperial Army and Mechanicus.

Don't fall into the trap of making the renegades mustache twirlers and the loyalists do-goody-goods. This may be an alternate timeline, but it's still a GrimDark alternate timeline !

Have the loyalists attack the traitor's families for once :tongue.:

Don't fall into the trap of making the renegades mustache twirlers and the loyalists do-goody-goods. This may be an alternate timeline, but it's still a GrimDark alternate timeline !

Have the loyalists attack the traitor's families for once :tongue.:

..Question is: Do they actually have families?

Archived